51 Assisted Living Facilities near Poway, CA
There are 51 Assisted Living Facilities in the Poway area, with 12 in Poway and 39 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Poway is $3,833 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Lakeside with an average starting cost of $3,250.
To help you with your search, browse the 144 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Poway. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Poway 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lakeside with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Poway, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Poway, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Poway
Poway, California, is known as “The City in the Country” and is an ideal location for seniors who want to enjoy city living in a small town atmosphere. More than 5,000 seniors call the city home, some of whom may benefit from living in an assisted living facility. To support those seniors and their needs, there are 49 assisted living facilities in the area with 13 located within city limits.
In Poway, and in the entire state of California, assisted living facilities are referred to as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs) and are governed by the Community Care Licensing Division of the Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Poway
- Poway is part of San Diego County, which is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Poway has moderately good air quality. On a scale where 100 represents the areas with the best air quality, Poway has a rank of 64, six points higher than the national average of 58. Seniors with respiratory conditions may breathe easier in Poway than in other cities within California.
- The Poway area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Palomar Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Poway is 195.2, more than 95 points higher than the U.S. average of 100. Groceries and transportation are both higher than the average, but healthcare expenses are lower at 85.4. Seniors may be able to find affordable healthcare options within the city.
- Poway has a comfortable year-round climate with July highs reaching 90 degrees and January lows rarely dropping below 37. The city doesn’t get any snow, but it does get 14 inches of rain annually. With 267 sunny days per year and a Sperling’s Comfort Index rating of 71 out of 100, the city might be an ideal location for seniors who enjoy participating in outdoor activities.
- Crime rates in Poway are relatively low, which may be good news to safety-cautious seniors and their families. The city’s violent crime rating is 12 and the property crime rating is 21.7, both considerably lower than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4 in the same categories.
Paying for Assisted Living in Poway
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Poway start around $3,833 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Poway and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Poway
In Poway, and throughout California, seniors who need help paying for assisted living expenses may qualify for the Assisted Living Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Poway
Poway and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Poway, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Poway
Poway-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Poway, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Poway
Review of Gate Manor Ii
Gate Manor Assisted Living is close to shopping and restaurants. The grounds were very large. I was there when they were making meals for people, and the food looked good. The staff members were ta... Read more
Review of Sunview Gardens
When our mother could no longer live alone safely, we viewed several assisted living places in San Diego to find just the right combination of comfort, services, affordability and caring atmosphere... Read more
Review of Huntington Manor
We chose Huntington Manor for my friend because they have very good caregivers that have been there from 5 to 20 years. It's highly recommended, as I checked out with several other people who are l... Read more