Las Villas Del Norte

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care

1325 Las Villas Way, Escondido, CA 92026
Las Villas Del Norte (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 4 days

Call and ask about our 3000 reasons to move in this month! Equal to a $3000 savings

Reviews of Las Villas Del Norte

Assisted Living Reviews for Las Villas Del Norte

December 08, 2017

By Jim

Las Villas Del Norte had a nice and cheerful appearance. The person who assisted us was very helpful, professional, and answered all our questions. We saw the dining area, and it was very good. They also had activities for their residents.

June 06, 2017

By gh660451

We visited Las Villas, and I wasn't happy with the way the food smelled. It was a little pricey and not independent living. When you come in, it seems a little depressing, not bright and wonderful. There were people in wheelchairs sitting right in the little room next to the door, and it was not appealing to my friend.

Thank you for your review and feedback. Our priority at Las Villas Del Norte is to provide a home-like atmosphere and the very best care for our residents. We regret you did not fully experience the Elmcroft difference during your visit. Please know we truly value your comments, it's paramount to helping us better serve future residents and families.

May 15, 2017

By extremely-unhappy-daughter

Las Villas is very pretty and the staff is very friendly. The food is quite good. That is where the good ends. My dad returned to his assisted studio apartment from the hospital and had no clothing, bedding, or his power recliner. He was soiled and had a bloody rash. I requested that he be showered and changed into clean clothing at that time. I was told that would happen. That was on Friday night. On Monday morning he was lying flat on the bed, still in the same soiled clothing, and still without his clothing, bedding, or recliner in the room. His arm had bled and the dirty shirt was stuck to the sore. In the skilled area, he was left without clean clothing, and with his soiled clothing remaining on the bathroom floor for at least 12 hours. They were apologetic, but didn't seem to take my concerns seriously. I could not, in good conscience, recommend this facility to anyone. The one star is more than I would like to give them

April 17, 2017

By Rainy56

I was very diappointed in this facility. The nursing care leaves much to be desired. The facility is clean and without an unpleasant oder. The pt dept is a joke not wanting to trat this man although he was transfered from an acute rehab facility. The management is insulting and rude. They switched us from a private room to a semi private room without prior knowledge. This place is not for a loved one.

March 27, 2017

By Dee285223

We didn’t care for Las Villas at all. There was no parking available on the day that we showed up. There was high traffic in terms of people. It’s an older facilityT, and it was really dark. he community area was also very dark. They said they kept it dark as it added a feeling of calm. The people did seem very nice though.

March 23, 2017

By Bob174674

Las Villas Del Norte is close to us. They're understaffed, and the service is slow, but they have good attitudes. The food is good, and it's very clean.

September 25, 2016

By K. Aranda

My parent has been at this facility for many years, yet no one that works there knows who he is. I asked his nurse, and she told me she had only been there a month and a half so she didn't really know about him or his conditions. Uhm how long does it take to know someone? The laundry service is laughable. You may or may not get your laundry items returned to you. They have a total disregard and lack of respect for your personal items. If you ask a question about anything, you will NOT get a straight answer. They pass the buck so much, I need a gps to find out who I need to talk to next to get a question answered or a concern addressed. If you end up at this facility, be prepared to be a squeaky wheel or you will be completely over looked and ignored.

May 24, 2016

By Tracy362535

I dropped into the memory care of Las Villas Del Norte right after dinnertime, and it was pretty bad. A woman fell out of her wheelchair as she was being pushed. She was bleeding and they didn’t have enough people on-site to help. The caregiver and residents of the memory care were getting upset because they were waiting in their wheelchairs and there was no one available to push them out of the area, so they were all sitting in the hallway. After I toured that facility, I was turned off by it. The rooms were OK, but they didn’t have a neighborhood like I wanted where someone in memory care can roam around. Everyone was in wheelchair, so I didn’t like that at all.

February 23, 2016

By Pam119026650

Las Villas Del Norte has an assisted living section and a skilled nursing section where we’ve had a wonderful experience every time my mother-in-law has had acute rehab there. It’s clean, and they take good care of the patients. She’s been there twice: once post-stroke and once after hip replacement. Each time, the acute care section of their skilled nursing facility has just been wonderful. It’s a very nice facility that I would highly recommend, especially for the nursing staff and the care staff.

October 28, 2015

We moved my husband at Las Villas Del Norte because he needed more care than we could provide him. The staff has been very good in keeping an eye on him, but they need more caregivers for their residents, as they are understaffed. The assisted-living part was great, but the memory care was another story. They show you the best part and then the worst part when you get in there.

August 30, 2015

By Glen6

I liked Las Villas overall. Their assisted living was very nice, but their memory care -- which is what we were looking for -- had showers that were separate from the rooms, so the residents had to walk down the hallway to the shower. I didn’t want to place our aunt where she has to walk down the hallway to take a shower; I would want her to take a shower in her own room and not have to go down the hallway. The staff was very friendly; they were nice. They had skilled nursing, and this was one of the things I liked about the place. The rooms were pretty small; they were some of the smallest rooms I'd seen. They were playing a memory game to remember actors, actresses, and famous directors of old movies like Alfred Hitchcock -- things like that.

July 06, 2015

By Sherry108783750

Nancy set up a meeting for me to tour many places for my father, after touring I found Las Villas Del Norte to be very clean and surprising they were priced very reasonable compared to the others I looked at and also have studio apartments which many places don't offer. The staff is very friendly and accomadating, the residents are also very welcoming and friendly. My Father likes the food which was very important to him and for $10.00 each we can pay and enjoy having a meal in the dining room with my Father which we often do and have discovered that many of our friends have parents there.

May 27, 2015

My visit with Elmcroft was fine. It was probably the best and most helpful interview and guided tour I might say that I had. That was the only one of the four I visited that I would consider for my partner. It was my best option partly because they had a separate facility although it was limited for patients who still needed some kind of care on a short-term basis, and I really thought that was going to be appropriate. The layout of their facility was better for my partner who needed a walker or transport chair. The layout, the staff, and everything else was just the best. I saw the dining room, and it was the best. They were open 24 hours.

September 29, 2014

By Julia9

We are in the process of moving my mother to Las Villas Del Norte and she will start living there around October. I choose it because it has five levels of care. They have the independent, assisted living, skilled nursing, vintage, if they had a broken hip or something, and then they have the memory care. So far, the people working there seem good. They seem really busy, and it appears that they could use more help. I saw a couple of different rooms, there's a brand new wing that has been built, and it is beautiful. However, for mom's situation, it will not be the best. So, she will be on the main part of the building, which is older and has not been updated, but they are going to paint and place new carpets down for mom. It is good. It is a little apartment with a little kitchenette, a balcony, and one bedroom. They have activities like exercises just about every day. They have a pool. They usually have one or two kind of scene thing like a luau every month and on Wednesday, they go out to the grocery store and CVS. They also have a pedicure place that they can go to. I think it is good. I have eaten there, mom will eat brunch there again on Sunday, and she is surprised that she can have that every week.

August 29, 2014

By Lee16

Mom is in a studio apartment at Elmcroft of Las Villas. We like the people who work there and we like how they care for the residents. They were friendly and kind. I also like the cleanliness of the facility. It had a nice fresh smell and their lighting is pretty good. It has an outdoor area that is lovely with grass and trees near the swimming pool. Their dining room is pretty and we like their food. They have a selection where if you don’t want what is being served, you can select from several sandwiches and several salads. They have a salad bar and a soup bar. They do some activities, like they go on scenic drives, attend concerns, and go on walks to several parks. The facility has a happy feeling to it.

April 29, 2014

By Caring81902250

Elmcroft was clean, and it was nicely decorated and maintained. There wasn't anything really negative. It seemed to be well-run. I had good feeling about it; it had a homey feeling. They're not allowed pets. There was one person, and she was very, very friendly and a very nice person to talk to. I was pleased.

December 30, 2013

By Lyna

My visit with Las Villas Del Norte – it was very clean facility, seems to be very caring people. They have a lot of activities. When the nurse came out to evaluate my mother, she was very thorough and very kind. The dining room was clean and very formal. It was like a restaurant.

July 25, 2013

Overall, Las Villas Del Norte is a very nice facility. They have one bedroom. They have balconies and it's pretty much like every place that I've seen, but it's very clean and it's reasonably priced. It also got continuum level of care.

Independent Living Reviews for Las Villas Del Norte

Questions about Las Villas Del Norte

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Las Villas Del Norte complies with all state mandated monthly training. The training classes consist of resident safety, natural disaster preparation, chemical training, food safety training, abuse training, and other categories via online videos and in person classes. Our management team holds weekly/monthly in services with all team members in addition incorporating our companies culture. Specifically in Generations there is a shift change crossover meeting to talk about the residents every day.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Las Villas Del Norte. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

With Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care all on sight we care for seniors of all ages and needs. With our unique age in place model we are able to care for our residents individually and keep couples together. With a 1/2 acre courtyard and private patios we have a lot of residents that enjoy the beautiful outdoors at Las Villas Del Norte. From Summertime BBQs/pool party to live music and happy hour our sunny courtyard with covered seating and market lighting is a very fun atmosphere.

What programs or activities does Las Villas Del Norte offer to enrich residents' well-being?

At Las Villas del Norte, our residents take part in Vibrant Life, an innovative program allowing residents to create their own schedules. Thoughtfully designed to connect you with family, friends and the community, our Vibrant Life program truly inspires, challenges – even dares you to be adventurous. With a host of optional outings, you create your own schedule based on your interests, preferences, routines and abilities. Be Inspired – Gain a deeper sense of spirituality and feed the soul! Be Well – Intellectual stimulation, get moving and stay active! Be Challenged – Ignite competitive spirit, learn, grow and be motivated! Be Adventurous – Try something new every day, explore and experience the unique! Be Family – Cherish family connections, share and continue family traditions! Be Social – Embrace friendships, celebrate the moments, talk, laugh and listen! Be Connected – Engage in meaningful community involvement, share experiences and expertise!

What places are near Las Villas Del Norte or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Las Villas Del Norte is in North Escondido just a mile away from the Country Club and Reidy Creek Golf Course. We are within walking distance of a fantastic shopping center with a Vons, CVS, Kahoots pet store, Starbucks, Nail Salon, Acai Bowl/Smoothie shop and a variety of small eateries. We are within a few miles of the 15 highway and the California Center of the Arts which we frequent for shows, fairs, and performances. We are about 10 miles from the Wild Animal Park, Bates Nut Farm, and Lawrence Welk and 12 miles from Harrah's Casino!

What transportation services does Las Villas Del Norte offer to assisted living residents?

Las Villas Del Norte offers scheduled transportation to our residents on our 12 passenger bus or private van for personal appointments as well as scheduled outings, shopping, leisure trips, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Las Villas Del Norte exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Cooking is an experience. A passion. An opportunity to bring people together. Now, we’re bringing you and your family new ways to connect over a shared love of food. With all day dinning, we create delightful dining experiences based on your personal tastes, creating unique, flavorful menus with a variety of options and making nearly everything from scratch. Plus, we mix it up regularly with special theme parties and chef challenges to keep the mealtime experience fresh, new and exciting. We can accommodate most any dietary requirement or restriction, including special diets to help manage conditions such as hypertension, heart disease or diabetes. Residents appreciate our well-appointed restaurant-style dining room, where attentive table service makes meals a social occasion.

What safety features or security measures does Las Villas Del Norte offer to assisted living residents?

Las Villas Del Norte's Assisted Living Program offers in unit pull cord wall stations as well as a wireless/GPS light weight call pendent as apart of the rental rate.

How does Las Villas Del Norte keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our administrator generates community updates that go out to all residents and responsible parties monthly as well as daily communication within the community from our team to the residents with communication boards and calendars. With a 24 hour nurse supervisor on site, residents and families have someone to talk to about questions or concerns at all times. Las Villas Del Norte is rolling out a brand new program called In Touch which is a virtual communication set up for residents and families via TV channel/website.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Las Villas Del Norte during daytime and nighttime hours?

At Las Villas Del Norte, we offer a 24-hour onsite nurse supervisor. Our daily staff consists of nurses, med techs, caregivers, and full-time vibrant life staff on the floor with the residents. Because of the wide range of services that are offered our staff calculations are based on care needs not on the number of residents.

If Las Villas Del Norte accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

All service levels at Las Villas Del Norte are pet friendly and welcome furry 4-pawed residents! Some pet care is available for residents who need support. There is no monthly pet fee only a one time deposit and our 4-pawed residents are welcome to join the fun in and out of the community except where food is served. We do ask for pets to be leashed outside of their apartment.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Las Villas Del Norte complies with all state mandated monthly training which includes dementia care training. The training classes consist of resident safety, natural disaster preparation, chemical training, food safety training, abuse training, and other categories via online videos and in person classes. Our management team holds weekly/monthly in services with all team members in addition incorporating our companies culture.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Las Villas Del Norte is in North Escondido just a mile away from the Country Club and Reidy Creek Golf Course. We are within walking distance of a fantastic shopping center with a LA Fitness, Vons, CVS, Kahoots pet store, Starbucks, Nail Salon, Acai Bowl/Smoothie shop and a variety of small eateries. We are within a few miles of the 15 highway and the California Center of the Arts which we frequent for shows, fairs, and performances. We are about 10 miles from the Wild Animal Park, Bates Nut Farm, and Lawrence Welk and 12 miles from Harrah's Casino!

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Las Villas Del Norte has organized?

Our community frequents the amazing places San Diego has to offer. We visit 3 of the local casinos, the Wild Animal Park, California Center of the Arts, Lawrence Welk, Balboa Park, The Regal Cinema theater, The La Jolla Playhouse, a variety of amazing local restaurants, and the local lakes and recreation centers of Lake Hodges and Lake Dixon.

What transportation services does Las Villas Del Norte offer to independent living residents?

The rent at Las Villas Del Norte in the Independent Living includes personal scheduled transportation within a 10 miles radius. There is scheduled community transportation for shopping trips, and leisure outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Las Villas Del Norte exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Our Independent Residents care enjoy our all day dinning on site restaurant, community social areas, barber shop/beauty shop, poker and game room, brand new gym, and absolutely stunning 1/2 acre courtyard with a heated swimming pool year round.

What safety features or security measures does Las Villas Del Norte offer to independent living residents?

Our Independent Living Community is secured with a keypad entrance into the building.

Does Las Villas Del Norte work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Coming Soon! Third party care assistance through a Home Care Company will be available to our Independent Living residents for as little as 30 minutes at a time for assistance with everything from laundry to activities of daily living and personal care.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Our Generations Program has on site awake caregivers and on site 24 hour nurse supervisor. Our staffing schedule is based on care needs not number of residents.

What safety features or security measures does Las Villas Del Norte provide to protect residents who wander?

The Assisted Living Community at Las Villas Del Norte offers a wander guard system on all external doors.

What programs or activities does Las Villas Del Norte offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Signature programs that make up a GENERATIONS Memory Care community: Life Story Display Honoring the “Story of a Lifetime” Tune Into Me Creating a personalized jukebox Culinary Creations Preparing recipes from the past From Our Generation to Yours Intergenerational programming Never Stop Exploring Connecting with the local community It’s All Right Highlighting the individuality and creativity of each person Each of these programs creates an immersive environment focusing on the individual’s strengths to foster moments of achievement.

Our Resident Services Director completes the initial health and cognitive assessment to come up with an individualized care plan. Wellness assessments are done bi-annually or/and upon change of condition.

What techniques does Las Villas Del Norte use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our Generations Program offers an industry recognized Elevate Dining Program that offers specialized and modified diet options. Our Elevate dining program offers a made to order menu all day. We offer queuing through full feeding assistance. Our program will over specialized utensils to promote independence with feeding.

How does Las Villas Del Norte keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Health reports are given to families in person or over the phone. There is consistent communication from our Generations Program Director, Resident Services Director, and on site nurse supervisors to our resident families and responsible parties.

Describe the neighborhood around Las Villas Del Norte. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Las Villas Del Norte is located in North Escondido. Our beautiful community is set back off the main road with a nice shopping center across the street. We are just down the road from the new Escondido Police Station and Country Club neighborhood and Reidy Creek Golf Course.

Is Las Villas Del Norte affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Las Villas Del Norte offers a continuing care model with a 24 hour on site nurse. We have a hospice waiver and can provide through end of life care within Title 22 regulations. Our goal here is to care for our residents in their home here at Las Villas Del Norte through end of life.

Costs for Las Villas Del Norte

Photos of Las Villas Del Norte

Services and Amenities of Las Villas Del Norte

• Coffee Shop
  • Pool

• Spanish

About Las Villas Del Norte

Located in the Hidden Valley of San Diego, Las Villas del Norte offers the ultimate in retirement living. With your new stress-free lifestyle, you’ll be free to pursue interests both old and new. Find your new home and embrace life at Las Villas del Norte.

No matter where we are in life’s journey, home is meant to be a place of comfort and enjoyment. At Las Villas del Norte, our culturally rich neighborhood offers you or your loved ones a beautiful blend of privacy, safety, security, and small-town friendliness to create a warm and familiar environment.

Las Villas del Norte is full of opportunities for you or your loved ones to live a comfortable, convenient and culturally rich lifestyle with top-of-the-line amenities and services to accommodate our residents’ individual lifestyles.

Las Villas del Norte’s Independent Living offers the active senior a carefree environment, free from the normal chores and burdens of owning or renting a home.

At Las Villas del Norte, you can remain independent, yet enjoy the conveniences that make life easier and more pleasant.

Map of Las Villas Del Norte