Oakmont of Escondido Hills

Reviews of Oakmont of Escondido Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for Oakmont of Escondido Hills

October 29, 2015

By Caring Individual

The only thing that I didn’t like for the memory unit was like a time served for when the patients get up at night, and they weren’t located in an area where they could be notified right away because of where they were set up in the room; if the patient were to fall they wouldn’t notice or they won’t know. Probably more caregivers and clearer as far as what they are going to charge as the patient declines. The grounds were very pretty, so that would be the standout of it.

October 27, 2015

Oakmont of Escondido Hills was a newer facility, really nice, large, and had lots of activities. They had monthly events. They gave me a cherry pie, which is my favorite dessert. The price was right in the middle. It wasn't too high, wasn't low, but it was very reasonable for what they offered. Out of all the directors that we spoke to, I felt like they really cared. They had exercise classes and art classes, and they do special events, like a farm day in the summer, animals come, out and they do a petting zoo. They also do family events where they have an open house where the families can come and enjoy. They do a circus day and fun things that are enjoyable for everybody. They're perfect. If I were to put my mom anywhere, that would be the place we would take her to.

October 11, 2015

By Lillian9

Everyone was friendly and cared.

August 21, 2015

By Chuck16

The part that struck us the best on Oakmont of Escondido Hills was the remodeling that they had just completed. It was very attractive, very bright, and cheery. That was very, very nice. They didn’t have anyone that wasn’t friendly and helpful. It seemed like they had very happy and content people. The dining room was very similar to all dining rooms. The food was very good, but it wasn’t exceptional. The rooms were larger than any of the others. The only reason we didn’t consider this as the main one was simply because it seemed like there were too many people there. However, I would recommend this facility.

August 10, 2015

Oakmont of Escondido was great. That was really a nice place. It was beautiful. It was absolutely gorgeous. The grounds were fantastic. They had a lot of staff. I really liked the marketing person. I would highly recommend it. They had spacious room. It was clean and very nice. They had all kinds of activities. However, it was expensive.

November 28, 2014

Oakmont was referred by a friend. The staff is very welcoming, accommodating, and with good attitude. The rooms are clean and spacious. They have Bingo and art activity going on. They have security.

August 10, 2013

By Wanda6

My parents are at Oakmont at Escondido. Their staff is great and friendly. The food is delicious. They also have activities.

Independent Living Reviews for Oakmont of Escondido Hills

November 20, 2017

By Lori

I absolutely loved Oakmont of Escondido Hills. Everything was great. It was nice and clean. I like the fact that it is assisted living and independent living all in one. I love the marketing director, too. She did a fabulous job. The food was delicious. They do your laundry, change your sheets, take care of your medication and appointments, and serve three meals a day included.

Hi Lori, Thank you for your excellent review! We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed visiting our community and thought that our staff, care services and dining program were impressive. We pride ourselves in offering luxurious retirement living for all of our residents. If you have any questions about our community, please do not hesitate to contact us. Warm regards, Melissa Dressler, Executive Director

May 22, 2017

By brenda813778

Oakmont of Escondido Hills was a much smaller facility than others we saw as far as number of residents and space. It’s very well kept and very clean, but some of the rooms were extremely small. The gal who gave us the tour was very capable and did a very good job at explaining things. At the point where my friend was feeling very nervous about it, she allayed his fears and helped him. It seemed like their food and restaurant areas were very nice. We have another friend who has beed a resident there for three years and is doing really well, so I can say that it’s a good facility. It’s more isolated and not in walking distance to any shopping or restaurants. They had a shuttle bus, though, that takes people to appointments and shopping. There were two separate, small dining rooms. I think that they schedule people to come at certain times so they don’t have to wait in line to be seated.

Hello Brenda, Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience touring our community with one of our team members. Our staff aims to assist with any questions or concerns that a potential new resident may have. We also strive to provide the best possible amenities and accommodations for our residents, with apartments that have 9-foot ceilings and are up to 1,000 square feet. If you have any further questions in regards to Oakmont, such as about our excellent dining program, fun events we host, or how we’re giving back to the Escondido Hills community, please do not hesitate to contact me. Warm regards, Jack McCarty, Executive Director

March 26, 2016

By William122520250

I visited Oakmont of Escondido Hills. The food was excellent, and I liked the grounds and the facilities. Because it was a newer facility, I just saw a model room, which was very nice. Depending on the orientation of the windows, my wall decorations will serve to make the room feel more like home. The dining room was fine and very open.

December 10, 2015

We saw the independent living cottages at Oakmont of Escondido Hills. It was fine, just a little bit old. It was like a little, spacious townhouse. It looked like it was kept up nicely even though it was older. It had good ADA accessibilities, and I thought it would be good for my parents. I think they had a beauty salon and bingo, other activities, and a pool.

September 29, 2015

By Shirley117457650

We went to Oakmont of Escondido Hills. My experience was really good. The surroundings were beautiful. The staff was friendly. They had all kinds of exercise programs and art programs. They had a library. They are really nice. It even had a pool. It was beautiful. It was very lush and green.

June 29, 2015

By Bud3

I've been to Oakmont of Escondido Hills four times, and every time they have an event, they're kind enough to call us to come and take part. The people were very friendly. I asked two ladies who were residents there what they liked best about Oakmont, and at the same time they said everything, so that was pretty impressive. The place was clean and beautiful. We like it a lot. It is very eye appealing with beautiful grounds, a courtyard, and nice wide aisles. I like the rooms. We had eaten there, and the food was very good. Coming up next Thursday, it's going to be a four-course meal and a casino night. It has been established, and it's been there for a while.

May 29, 2014

Oakmont is good but it's not feasible for my mom. The rooms are very nice. Everything is nice. It's very institution-like. If they are healthy and independent, Oakmont will be good.

December 02, 2013

The living facility in Oakmont was really nice. The condo were very large. The staff and their grounds were also very nice.

Memory Care Reviews for Oakmont of Escondido Hills

Questions about Oakmont of Escondido Hills

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Oakmont of Escondido Hills. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Oakmont of Escondido Hills has independent living, assisted living and memory care residents. The average age is about 80 years old. Our residents enjoy exercising that is offered seven days a week and playing bingo.

What programs or activities does Oakmont of Escondido Hills offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a diabetic wellness program as well as nurses seven days a week. We also have Rehab Care that offers physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. For the first sixty days upon move in our new residents have an engagement coordinator that works with them closely to help our new residents transition comfortably into the community. We offer a brain exercise program called 'It's Never too Late' for our memory care residents. We also offer a large variety of activities to enrich our residents lives.

What places are near Oakmont of Escondido Hills or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The Westfield Shopping Mall is one mile away. Kit Carson Park is across the street. Safari Park is five miles away. Target is one mile away.

What transportation services does Oakmont of Escondido Hills offer to assisted living residents?

We provide scheduled transportation within a 12 mile radius. We take our residents to doctors appointments, church, shopping, banks and stores. We also have a bus that brings our residents to fun outings once a week.

What safety features or security measures does Oakmont of Escondido Hills offer to assisted living residents?

We have staff that works 24/7. We lock all our outside doors at 8:30pm daily.

How does Oakmont of Escondido Hills keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

The Executive Director e-mails our families with any updates.

If Oakmont of Escondido Hills accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a very pet friendly community. We have a dog park and lots of grass areas where you can walk your dog.

Is Oakmont of Escondido Hills affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are not affiliated with a hospital but we are eight miles to the closest hospital which is Palomar Hospital in Escondido.

Costs for Oakmont of Escondido Hills

Photos of Oakmont of Escondido Hills

Services and Amenities of Oakmont of Escondido Hills

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Detached Homes
  • Housing Extra: Casitas

• Dining Extra: On Site Catering May Be Used To Host Special Gatherings And Dinner Parties; Most Special Diets Can Be Accommodated; Our Chefs Will Accommodate Specific Cuisine Requests And Familiar Dishes; We Feature Seasonal Menus With Soups, Salads, Entr Es, And Desserts; Find Snacks And Beverages All Day In Our Bistro; Wine Will Be Available, And You May Have Your Own Special Vintage Poured

• Golf

• Minimum Age: 65, But We Can Get A Waiver For Special Exceptions
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Licenses: 374601486

About Oakmont of Escondido Hills

Oakmont of Escondido Hills is a lovely retirement community situated on a lush six-acre campus with lovely views of the Escondido Hills, and is within walking distance of Westfield’s North County Fair Shopping Mall.

If an active lifestyle is what you desire, you’ll feel at home in our retirement community where friends and neighbors enjoy our spa, private movie theater, swimming pool, and lovely grounds. If you ever need additional care, we offer assisted living and memory care services right within our community. Experience for yourself what makes this extraordinary senior living community one where life just gets better and better.

Map of Oakmont of Escondido Hills