Redwood Terrace

Reviews of Redwood Terrace

Assisted Living Reviews for Redwood Terrace

October 16, 2013

By NancyH

I didn't see very many people in Redwood Terrace the day we went there. Everybody seemed to be inside their cottages or their rooms. There weren't many people walking around or doing things, which I thought was strange. Regarding staff, a couple of people we talked to were friendly. The sales person gave us a lot of information. They did have a lot of actually small cottages and then they also have some that were more apartment-style. We saw one cottage and it looked fine. It was small but not so small that you would uncomfortable. It was nice though.

March 23, 2012

By redwood01

My mother is currently staying at this facility due to sustaining a CVA 5 years ago. She required a lot of assistance and care that my husband and I were unable to provide. We chose this place based on her care received while in their SNF care. The nurses are great and very compassionate in the care they provide for my mother. I'm always able to touch basis with them when I come and visit her. The therapy department is fantastic. Although her insurance no longer provides for physical therapy, they have a program there that enables them to work with her on a cash basis. The rates are fair and although the improvements have been small, we continue to growth. The facility is clean and there are a variety of gardens to enjoy including roses and citrus trees. There are a lot of activities that are offered throughout the day to keep my mother busy.

Independent Living Reviews for Redwood Terrace

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Redwood Terrace

February 29, 2016

By Corrie1

The best one was Redwood Terrace. It was very comfortable, the staff was very friendly, and it had a full memory care facility, which is what we needed for my grandparents. The facility was very clean and it didn’t feel like you’re in a hospital environment, it felt just like you were at home. The staff had been wonderful. They’ve been very friendly and were just very thoughtful, kind, and very resourceful. A lot of information that they provided to us was very helpful.

November 04, 2015

By Judith44

I visited Redwood Terrace. I like the size of it, and I like the way the grounds are set up. The gardens are kept beautifully. What I like is that they have a nice two-bedroom, two-bath that will be almost perfect for me. I'm the first one on the list when one becomes available. The facility was spotless. Also the unit that I want has a washer and dryer unit right in the hallway.

October 11, 2015

By Lillian9

Have wonderful educational program and well run.

Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate your feedback!

October 06, 2014

By Elizabeth45

At Redwood Terrace, their amenities were really nice; however, they lost my parent's paperwork. Also, they don't ever call back. The facilities were nice and they had great service, but they lost my paperwork, so I had to go back and fill it out again, but they never returned my calls, so I'm not really happy with them. Nevertheless, their dining room was nice. It was very nice and appealing. Also, they have activities. They even have a van that takes you places. They have assisted living, nursing care, and long-term care.

May 07, 2014

By fogmonger

My grandmother and great aunt spent several happy years here. The staff was very friendly and helpful, there were plenty of activities and the food was pretty good too. I would definitely recommend Redwood Terrace to prospective residents.

June 25, 2013

By Karen47

It was very homey. It wasn't really like being in a hospital. It was very comfortable. It was much more like being in a retirement community as oppose to a rehabilitative setting which made us very happy. There were like small apartments which made it like an easier transmission with my mother. The staff seemed very nice.

September 01, 2011

By Airport Director

After looking at many different facilities, my 90-year old parents chose Redwood Terrace in 2010. They are very pleased! With the nearest family 1,300 miles away, it was essential that the Redwood staff be available by phone 24/7 and function as a surrogate family. Thier professionalism and skill levels are top notch. But the most important attribute is the "caring." Every member of the staff from reception, security, maintenance, medical, social, dining, administrative, finance to management--they all care! And it shows in everything they do! Superb organization and facilities!
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (11) See fewer reviews

• Spanish

• Minimum Age: Minimum Age: 60

• Licenses: State License: DHS: 080000145, DSS: 374600566, COA: 299

About Redwood Terrace

Located just a short drive from the sights and sounds of San Diego in the quiet, rural town of Escondido, Redwood Terrace is a luxury community offering some of the finest senior living in Southern California. As a continuing care retirement community, we provide a full range of retirement living options from independent and assisted living to skilled nursing, catering to seniors at every stage of life’s journey.

Redwood Terrace is owned and managed by HumanGood, a nonprofit public benefit corporation serving older adults since 1949.

Featured Amenities

To accommodate a variety of lifestyles, we offer our residents a wide selection of one- and two-bedroom apartment floor plans. All of our residential units come equipped with private bathrooms and full kitchens, and select units may also feature patios, balconies, in-unit washer/dryers, walk-in closets or dens.

As part of our resort-style experience, residents enjoy a number of amenities such as private, secure underground parking, regular cleaning services, landscaping and maintenance, 24-hour security and scheduled local transportation. Our community also features an on-site fitness center, indoor swimming pool, and ceramics and woodworking programs for our residents to enjoy.

Available Services

Providing the peace of mind of that comes with knowing the help you need is just steps away, Redwood Terrace’s professional healthcare staff is available 24 hours a day to offer not only supportive services but also skilled nursing and hospice care. In addition, we are also able to provide rehabilitation services for residents recovering from surgery.

Residents who need a little extra support with the activities of daily living may take advantage of our assisted living services which include assistance with tasks such as bathing, meal preparation, dressing and taking medication.

Redwood Terrace is an ideal retirement community for the senior who wants it all.

Property Info
  • Library
  • Chapel Services
  • Indoor Swimming Pool
  • Homes w/Attached Garages
  • Choices of Floor Coverings, Window Treatments, Paint, Etc.
  • Social Hall for Plays, Concerts, Dances
  • Computer/Internet Access
  • Cable/Satellite TV
  • Dedicated Concierge
  • Pet Policy: Pets allowed
  • Special Meals: Diabetic, Low-salt, Gluten-free, Low-fat, Pureed, Renal, Vegetarian
  • Restaurant-style Dining
  • On-site Retail
Services
  • Nurse Availability: On Site 24/7
  • On-Site Medical Visits: Geriatric physician, Dentist, Podiatrist, Speech Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist
  • Diabetes Care