Vi at La Jolla Village

Reviews of Vi at La Jolla Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Vi at La Jolla Village

July 23, 2012

By MarloRuth1

This is a nice facility. My grandfather stays in a one bedroom place. The amenities are nice, equivalent to what one would get at a good hotel: TV, bathroom, kitchen, thermostat, etc. There's also a security button that help grandpa feel safe and protected; he can push the button anytime he need help. All the housekeeping - changing of linens, vaccuum, and trash - are taken care of. For a fee, they also help do all of grandpa's laundry. For food, the site has its very own chef. Because my grandfather is diabetic, he needs to be careful. It was good to know that the chef could accommodate my grandparents' special needs. Because he is diabetic, I remind grandpa to stay on top of things by exercise. When he has enough energy, grandpa will be at the gym using the treadmill and lifting weights. Outside the gym, there's also a pool area. Since its summer and the temperature is warm, grandpa likes to go for a swim. Overall, this is a great facility.

May 19, 2012

By AGLAIASHAW

The staff are friendly and caring, the scenery is nice. It is very clean and inviting.

November 07, 2011

By Michael F.

I was very impressed by this facility. It was a Hyatt hotel before it was turned into an elderly-care / assisted living home, which most definitely steps it up a few notches above any type of nursing home. Although the food for my client was called a "therapeutic diet" - it looked more like an extravagant restaurant meal. They brought up a huge plate of food for lunch with tea and water for my client to drink. It smelled amazing, and my client said that it tasted fabulous, and always did. The only thing that I could mention about this facility is that more handicapped accessible tubs and showers should be used so that the client wouldn't have trouble getting in and out of the bath. Other than that, it was amazing.

September 29, 2011

By ANele

Vi is almost like a resort, but better. Three square meals and activities are everywhere for the residents. The staff is absolutely the best, remembering my grandma's name and everything as soon as I give my last name. Elevators are a bit slow but that's easliy explainable because of the varied mobility of the residents. It took a stroke for my headstrong gramma to realize she needed assisted living but Vi could not have been a better place for her. On top of all of this, the location is phenomenal, with Costa Verde square right next door with food and salons within reach. All in all, one of the best assisted living/retirement facilities I've ever seen or heard of. If you have the money or pension to afford it, it is worth every penny.

June 30, 2011

By GuiCyber

Very nice decorations, dining is elegant, the caretakers/caregivers seem nice. The actual rooms look a bit shabby(grease spot on floor), but there is cable TV, nice waterfall in front of building, reserved parking, (3 levels of garage, very elegant bar lounge. Also, the people's attitudes are nice, though the dining service was a bit slow(I had a salmon salad).

Nursing Home Reviews for Vi at La Jolla Village

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Vi at La Jolla Village

November 14, 2016

Vi at La Jolla Village was too institutional. The staff was very helpful, and the rooms were both old and newer facilities. The food is adequate, they offer 2 meals a day, and the dining room was attractive. The pricing is probably in line with other places although the buy-in was quite steep and expensive.

September 30, 2016

By Larry512055

Vi is spectacular, but it’s way out of my league. It’s a true life care, and I would recommend it to anybody who has a lot of money.

June 10, 2016

By Janice388326

Vi is a wonderful place, like a 5-star hotel, but the people there were older. It was absolutely gorgeous with beautiful floorplans, but we don’t like to be in a confined area. You’re living like in a hotel and there are people around you all the time. They have everything you would want there, like valet service, ta limousine, and shopping across the street. I saw people painting in an art class. It’s an absolutely outstanding facility, and I think it would be a wonderful place if I’m going on a vacation for a few days.

September 29, 2015

We visited Vi at La Jolla Village. The staff was fine. It was very elegant. They had an indoor pool and a gym. They had a trainer if you want to get specialized training. They had valet parking. They had two high-rise buildings, and it was very closely monitored.

June 21, 2015

Vi at La Jolla is really top level service. My mother-in-law is in a facility similar to that, so we took a tour, saw one of their apartments, and saw the level of care and what recreational facilities they had. The thing we like about that location is that it is right in the middle of an area in San Diego called UTC, which is a shopping center, and it is very close to the University of California San Diego. You can practically walk there to the shopping malls across the street, where there are movie theaters, bookstores, and lots of things. And then, they also mentioned there's going to be a trolley that goes there and you can take the trolley down to San Diego, but they also have driving services so you can get around within 12 miles, and they have lots of activities. They'll take you to your doctors' appointments for no cost if it is within 12 miles, and there are lots of medical facilities around there -- there is Scripps, the VA, and the UCSD Medical Center. They have breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but only two of them are included in your monthly due.

November 26, 2014

By John102225850

At Vi, everything was great. The place was nice; everything was nice. However, it was too expensive to me. The rooms were medium -- not small, but not really big either. They were a decent size.

Thank you so much for your interest in Vi at La Jolla Village, John. We appreciate you taking the time to visit and explore our Community. Our apartments range from 700 square feet to 3000 square feet - I am sorry that our current available apartments did not meet your size requirements. Please call us if there is every any further assistance we may offer and we wish you the best in your search for a Continuing Care Retirement Community.

November 21, 2014

Vi at La Jolla Village is definitely first-class. The rooms and the dining room are excellent. They have a health facility there where they take care of you as your health deteriorates.

October 31, 2014

By Ruth45

I've chosen a place. It's Vi at La Jolla Village. They seem very nice and very welcoming. The food is very good. The amenities are very nice. There are different sizes of rooms. I have the 850-square feet. Regarding security, they have their own monitoring system. You wear a bracelet or a necklace so they know where you are at all times.

September 22, 2014

Vi was excellent. I was in a private room there for almost 3 months. A lot of people were in double rooms. The staff was very good. I was cared for by nurses after surgery. I think one of the problems they have is that they are also a teaching hospital. They send a teacher and they work in the facility. That’s a turn off to me because they’re in training. I don’t want to be paying that kind of money to be treated by somebody who’s in school. The food and dining facilities were excellent. They have very good choices. They have a private dining room where you can sit and eat by yourself or eat with others or you can have guests. They also have an excellent therapist. I was happy to be there.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (13) See fewer reviews

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Vi at La Jolla Village

Vi at La Jolla Village is a Life Plan Community, also known as Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), located in San Diego, California, within the ‘Golden Triangle’. Our location offers spectacular views with access to high-end shopping, dining, parks and walking trails. Our retirement community provides exceptional amenities, social programs and a wealth of activities to enjoy. Whether you desire Vi’s beach proximity, variety of amenities and benefits, upscale environment, quality staff and service, Vi at La Jolla Village has it all to deliver residents an enriched lifestyle like no other.

Some of the unique benefits you can expect with Vi at La Jolla include and are not limited to:

• Award winning staff from our chefs, nursing, housekeeping, front desk, and more
  • On site Assisted living, Memory Support, and Skilled Nursing facilities
  • Scheduled maintenance and repairs for your home
  • Weekly light housekeeping of your home and laundering of linens and towels
  • Seasonal menus and nightly specials prepared by our culinary team
  • Casual, bistro-style, and fine dining restaurants with table service
  • Valet parking services
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping, outings, and appointments
  • Front desk staffed 24 hours a day to welcome residents, register guests, and accept deliveries
  • A full menu of spa and beauty services
  • Wellness Center staffed Monday through Friday by a registered nurse available for confidential health consult
  • State of the art fitness center includes TechnoGym® equipment, treadmills, recumbent bicycles, cross training
  • Fitness instruction and classes, including Tai Chi, Zumba and weight training
  • Pets allowed (up to 35 lbs.)
  • Private theatre
  • Art room
  • Salon and spa
  • Heated salt-filtered indoor pool and therapeutic whirlpool

Along with all the amenities and activities Vi has to offer, enjoy the endless amount of attractions in La Jolla and San Diego. Visit the diverse range of animals at the San Diego Zoo or San Diego SeaWorld, tour iconic landmarks and museums such as the Cabrillo National Monument or the USS Midway Museum, shop at the wide array of stores at Seaport Village, enjoy music from the San Diego Symphony, visit the Torrey Pines golf course, or enjoy a nice stroll among the San Diego beach.

Vi is dedicated to providing you a service like no other, and have you questioning whether you’re experiencing senior living or a resort. Living at Vi means living in a upscale environment intertwined with quality service, care, and excitement.

How it works

Vi at La Jolla Village offers two different pricing options, depending on the percentage of repayment. Your entrance fee and monthly fee pay for your apartment home, as well as access to our onsite continuum of care. The entrance fee is a one-time fee paid when you move into the community, and is based on the floor plan and repayment option you choose. Additionally, your monthly fees – which are directly tied to the floor plan you choose – also cover a range of services including: maintenance of your home, housekeeping, dining, transportation, and more. Should you move or need to access the care center, your independent living monthly fees will not increase, aside from community wide increases, the cost of additional meals and ancillary items as needed.

About Vi

For more than 30 years, Vi has been enriching the lives of seniors. The Vi family of companies includes 10 Life Plan Communities, also known as Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs), across the United States. Since 1987, Vi has owned and operated residential communities for older adults, we work toward providing quality environments, services and programs to enrich the lives of those we serve.

Map of Vi at La Jolla Village