66 Assisted Living Facilities near Lakeside, CA
Also serving communities of Alpine.
There are 66 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lakeside area, with 8 in Lakeside and 58 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lakeside is $3,250 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Spring Valley with an average starting cost of $2,850.
To help you with your search, browse the 165 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lakeside. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lakeside 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Poway with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lakeside, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lakeside, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lakeside
Lakeside is a beautiful waterfront area located in San Diego County, California. It's home to several beautiful lakes and parks including Santee Lakes and Lindo Lake County Park. There are approximately 20,000 residents in Lakeside, and 13.9 percent of them are over the age of 65. Eight Residential Care Facilities are located in Lakeside which offer assisted living to the area's senior population. Another 55 RCFs are located in nearby areas such as Santee, El Cajon and San Diego.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lakeside
- Although Lakeside's cost of living is high at 61.8 percent above the U.S. average, seniors living in the area may find that they are able to save money on expenses such as healthcare, which is 15 percent below the national average.
- Seniors in Lakeside will love the year-round climate that the area has to offer. With only 14 inches of precipitation on average each year, as well as average July high temperatures of 88 degrees and average January lows of 42 degrees, seniors can enjoy spending time outdoors year-round. By comparison, the national average precipitation is 65 inches annually, with average July highs of 86.1 degrees and January lows of 22.6 degrees.
- San Diego County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The San Diego County area, including Lakeside, has been ranked among the top ten areas with the worst air quality in the country by the American Lung Association. Seniors with breathing problems and lung-related medical issues may find these problems worsening if they choose to reside in the Lakeside area.
- Lakeside has no facilities to choose from in the event of medical emergencies or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in La Mesa.
- Seniors have no safe public transportation options in Lakeside. However, some RCFs may offer shuttle services to residents.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lakeside
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Lakeside start around $3,250 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lakeside and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lakeside
Seniors living in an RCF in Lakeside can apply for financial assistance under a 1915(c) Medicaid Assisted Living Waiver, which is intended to help seniors pay for the cost of services provided to them in assisted living.
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients in California may apply for an Optional State Supplement to help them pay for the cost of room and board expenses when living in an RCF. These expenses are capped by the state for residents who receive SSI.
Family supplementation is not permitted in California.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lakeside
Lakeside and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lakeside, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lakeside
Lakeside-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lakeside
Review of Deer Hill Estates
Deer Hill Estates is an excellent place. It's a very good and very modern facility. It also has estate property for people to roam about, has more to see and do than just a backyard and a front yar... Read more
Review of Lakeside Manor Elderly Care
Lakeside Manor Elderly Care is a home in a neighborhood that has been converted into a memory care facility with other buildings added. I really liked the staff. The place where they eat wasn't my ... Read more
Review of Lakeside Manor Elderly Care
My father spent the last 16 months of his Alzheimer’s journey at Lakeside Manor, and I could not have been more pleased with the level of care that he received during that time. When evaluating me... Read more