7 Assisted Living Facilities in Ukiah, CA
Also serving communities of Willits, Albion.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ukiah. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ukiah 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cloverdale with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ukiah, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Ukiah, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ukiah
Ukiah is the largest city of Mendocino County and is known for its wine production industry. Ukiah is also home to seven assisted living facilities, all of which provide varying degrees of care and supervision and are licensed through the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division. Here, assisted living facilities are officially referred to as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs). In RCFEs at least 75 percent of residents are aged 60 or over. They receive assistance with personal care, activities of daily living, and medication management, and staff are available 24 hours a day.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ukiah
- While summers in Ukiah can be hot, with highs in the low-90s, the city has an overall comfortable climate. It rates 80 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index, which may appeal to seniors who enjoy being outdoors.
- While the overall cost of living in Ukiah is 34 percent higher than the national average, it is nearly 20 percent lower than the state average. Even so, seniors can expect to pay about 3 percent more on groceries and 6 percent more on healthcare than they would elsewhere in the state.
- The overall crime rate in Ukiah is 22 percent higher than California’s average and 29 percent higher than the national average. The rate of violent crime is 112 percent higher than the state average and 144 percent higher than the national average, and the rate of property crime is 6 percent higher than the state average and 11 percent higher than the national average.
- Ukiah has a public bus system courtesy of Mendocino Transit Authority, which features numerous inland, coastal and regional routes. Seniors aged 62 and over are eligible to receive an MTA discount card for reduced fares.
- The Ukiah area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Ukiah Valley Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Ukiah has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Foster Grandparent Program, an organization that provides low-income seniors with the opportunity to mentor children with special needs in exchange for a stipend and a meal, as well as two senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ukiah
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Ukiah start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ukiah and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ukiah
Ukiah seniors who meet income restrictions may qualify for financial aid to help pay for the cost of assisted living. There are two programs available that may help fund assisted living, including Medi-Cal, which offers an Assisted Living Waiver program, and Supplemental Security Income – Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ukiah
Ukiah and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ukiah, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ukiah
Ukiah-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ukiah
Review of Mountain View
Mountain View was pretty expensive, but we really liked it. Everybody was very nice. The dining area looked great. They had laundry service, housekeeping services, activities, and hair and nail per... Read more
Review of Mountain View
Mountain View is fine. The apartments are very nice. My mom is in a one-bedroom. The setup is fine. They have entertainment, crafts, and movies. It is a very large facility. She has been there for ... Read more
Review of Mountain View
I toured Mountain View. The grounds were well kept and very clean. The staff answered all my questions. The rooms were not large, but I was happy with the rooms there. I don't need a large room for... Read more