83 Assisted Living Facilities near Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Also serving communities of Rolling Hills Estates, Rolling Hills Estates.
There are 83 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rancho Palos Verdes area, with 20 in Rancho Palos Verdes and 63 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Rancho Palos Verdes is $3,554 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,650. Cheaper nearby regions include San Pedro with an average starting cost of $3,175.
To help you with your search, browse the 164 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rancho Palos Verdes. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rancho Palos Verdes 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include San Pedro with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rancho Palos Verdes, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rancho Palos Verdes
Residents of Rancho Palos Verdes have expansive views of the Pacific Ocean due to its location atop the Palos Verdes Hills and bluffs of the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Like all facilities across the state of California, assisted living facilities in Rancho Palos Verdes, are known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, or RCFE’s. These establishments are highly regulated with strict laws and regulations since they help seniors with personal care, like bathing, dressing, and grooming and medication management. There are 78 assisted living facilities near Rancho Palos Verdes for seniors to choose from.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rancho Palos Verdes
- Due to it’s location on the Pacific Ocean, temperatures in Rancho Palos Verdes rarely rise above 80 degrees in summer or fall below the upper 40s in winter. There is more rain in the winter months, but very little overall, like much of Southern California.
- With an almost constant ocean breeze, the air quality in Rancho Palos Verdes is quite good overall throughout the year. However, the overall air quality is still negatively affected by the surrounding metropolis of Long Beach, Carson and Torrance to the North and the East.
- The overall cost of living in Rancho Palos Verdes is almost three times as much as it is in the rest of the United States and almost twice as much as it is in the rest of California. However, this is primarily due to the cost of housing. For seniors who are not buying a home, things like groceries, utilities, healthcare and transportation are about the same as or even less than the cost of living in the United States.
- Rancho Palos Verdes crime rate is 66 percent lower than the California average and 64 percent lower than the national average, making it a very safe place to live.
- The Palos Verdes Peninsula Transit Authority offers a dial-a-ride bus service in the Rancho Palos Verdes area, making it easier for seniors to get around.
- The Rancho Palos Verdes area is home to world-class medical facilities, including a Kaiser Permanente Lomita Medical Office and the Los Palos Convalescent Hospital, in the event medical care is needed.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rancho Palos Verdes
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Rancho Palos Verdes start around $3,536 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rancho Palos Verdes and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rancho Palos Verdes
Medi-Cal will pay for assisted living facilities in Rancho Palos Verdes, when medically necessary. The city of Rancho Palos Verdes also has a number of services available to senior residents, like the Healthcare and Elder Law Programs Corporation, or H.E.L.P. This organization offers a variety of services, one of which is financial assistance.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rancho Palos Verdes
Rancho Palos Verdes and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rancho Palos Verdes, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rancho Palos Verdes
Rancho Palos Verdes-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rancho Palos Verdes
Review of Angel's Haven II
Angel's Haven II was run by a woman, and she was very kind. The facility was clean and all. It seemed like that would be a good place. It's a group home. The woman had people there that would help ... Read more
Review of Golden Care Living
The facility is very artistic and clean, and the food at is like a home-cooked meal I think that they’re fair-priced. The people who provided care were very attentive; I don’t have any complaints w... Read more
Review of Angel's Haven II
My father has been a resident at this Alzheimer’s Care Facility for 6 years. He use to be in a much larger facility in Long Beach, but I found that he wasn’t being given the one on one attention th... Read more