Palos Verdes Villa

Reviews of Palos Verdes Villa

Assisted Living Reviews for Palos Verdes Villa

November 17, 2016

By PM652203

Palos Verdes Villa is nice. They've done a lot with what they have, but I'm looking for something more renovated and up to date. I like that the service staff is very nice. They have an interior courtyard which was OK, but there weren't a whole lot of grounds. The food was OK and average, and the dining area was fine.

September 30, 2016

By Gary S.

The staff at Palos Verdes Villa was fine. She showed us everything, and we liked the place. It was a little far from where we live, but it was one of our top choices. The rooms were very nice and well furnished. They had a TV room, and I think they had a card room. The dining room was very nice. There were some people playing cards and people watching a movie, but that was all that was going on when we were there.

August 04, 2016

By Friendly residents

My 56 year old brother has been here now for over eight months. He had a stroke three years ago and has physical disabilities. This facility is upbeat and positive, with a nice level of activity. There is a large dining room that the clients seem to enjoy going to. The 'Fireside Room' has activities including sitting 'wheelchair' yoga, singers and a daily program with a choice of activities. The theater room has daily movies, there's a craft room with a pool table, and weekly outings in which the residents have input. The staff are caring and attentive and it gives me great peace of mind knowing he is here and well cared for.. The place is clean and very affordable. My brother pays $1800. a month for a shared room (large, with a view) and this includes the room, all food, supervision of his medicine and assistance with bathing. I think private rooms are $2800. and if you have looked around, you'll realize this is much less than other facilities charge. I highly recommend it for an active or semi active person.

July 27, 2016

By Terri748370

The manager at Palos Verdes Villa was very nice and very welcoming. My mom felt very comfortable there. Their location was clean, and the rooms were decent.

May 10, 2016

By Rochelle T.CLBWZ

Palos Verdes Villa would be very nice for my dad. Their amenities include a café, a restaurant, a pool table, and a bus for outings and transportation to doctors' appointments. The hallways were outdated, but the room that they showed me was nice, very spacious, clean, and very updated. It exceeded my expectations. The staff was very nice.

October 31, 2014

By Carolyn101098250

We wanted a big facility, and price was a consideration. A lot of facilities are much too expensive. The staff seemed very energetic, friendly, and engaged with the residents at Palos Verdes. Many of the people there are very physically disabled, and Harold is not physically disabled, he has mild Alzheimer’s and it wasn’t good for him to be living alone any longer. The food is pretty good, and they have adopted somewhat. They are very careful for people who have trouble chewing. It is a border between San Pedro and Rancho Palos Verde. It’s an old hotel, so one of the reasons that their rates are astronomical even though they have a Palos Verdes address. It’s well-kept, but it’s not as busy as some new facilities. They will do medication and assist with people getting in and out of bed, but they are not a medical facility. The engagement of the staff and the people seemed to be a little with it than some of the others. This was $2700. We called several, but they are $4000; we can’t afford it and I can’t believe we found a very affordable place at Palos Verde.

June 26, 2014

By number1niece

I have responsibility for my elderly aunt who is in So.Cal and I live in No.Cal, so when it became necessary to find a care facility for her I engaged a professional to assist me. I visited Palos Verdes Villa, met with Linda Cardenas, the administrator, ad well as her boss, Seth. I was impressed with the caring attitude of Linda herself, but also with the compassion they exhibited toward me in meeting my needs when I could not possibly handle them myself locally. Linda and the entire staff are friendly and efficient and have cared wonderfully for my aunt. I receive regular updates on any pertinent "happening", phone calls if questions arise, and know that when I have a question it will be answered almost immediately (based on when I send the request or leave a phone message). My aunt is happy, so that means I am happy.

June 17, 2014

By MichaelB18

My grandfather has been at Palos Verdes Villa for a few years. The staff and care he receives is outstanding. I've spent a lot of time at the facility and the atmosphere is great. I have a lot of peace of mind knowing he is so well cared for.

March 28, 2014

By Cheryl25

I didn't care for Palos Verdes Villa. When we first came in the door, it smelled. We asked for the person who we were supposed to be meeting with, but nobody could find her. However, when we did find her, she was a very friendly person. When we went on a tour, this facility looked like a home that had been converted from a hotel or motel. The hallways were narrow. The whole place was dark and gloomy. The elevator was small. The place was unkempt and kind of gloomy inside. The residents all looked like what I would never want my mother to look like; they just sat and stared. I told my sister that I don't feel comfortable leaving Mom there.

December 20, 2013

By Ed14

We visited Palos Verdes Villas, everything seemed very positive there. This place is relatively affordable compared to some others. The facility looked clean and well maintained. The staff is very nice too. The room size is okay for shared living. There are rooms for activities. Transportation to doctors is provided which is nice as well.

June 30, 2012

By Anerta

We chose Palos Verdes for my Dad because of the price. He got his own private room for a very reasonable cost. The room was big and clean. The entire facility was clean and well organized. The people that were working there were very friendly and accommodating and they are able to work with us. They seemed like they cared about his well being. The residents have equal amount of men and women. It wasn't like mostly men or mostly women. The activities seemed to bond them together. They have exercise programs, a pool table, bingo and many others. They also they the residents out twice a week. They take them to the store or to the doctors or treatments. Of course transportation is provided if they need to go out.

Costs for Palos Verdes Villa

• Tagalog

• State Licenses: 198201933

About Palos Verdes Villa

Welcome to Palos Verdes Villas Assisted Living

Palos Verdes Villa can serve as "your home on the hill," a resort-style retirement home on a beautiful Rancho Palos Verdes hillside. Newly remodeled senior living facility with quality care, many amenities, a nearby lovely park, and several shopping centers.

At Palos Verdes Villa, we realize your loved ones deserve the very best senior care in their later years. We agree. Our professional staff shares the same heart and compassion for each of our residents. We are dedicated to providing quality senior care to Palos Verdes and all the South Bay.

We truly stand apart from other nursing homes that provide senior care in the South Bay. Our recently updated facility offers a resort-style retirement home and assisted living services which include:

• Warm & Friendly Atmosphere

Assisted Living Rates

• Level 1: Assistance with Medication / Bathing - $100 per Month
  • Level 2: Assistance with Dressing - $200 per Month
  • Level 3: Incontinent Care - $500 per Month

Please give us call for a complimentary lunch and tour of our wonderful community.

We are dedicated to providing quality senior care to Palos Verdes and all the South Bay. It is our commitment to treat each resident with dignity, respect, and love to provide them with a comforting and enjoyable environment. We see it as our responsibility and our calling, and we take joy in serving your loved ones as if they were our own.

Map of Palos Verdes Villa