96 Assisted Living Facilities near Redondo Beach, CA
Also serving communities of Hermosa Beach.
There are 96 Assisted Living Facilities in the Redondo Beach area, with 2 in Redondo Beach and 94 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Redondo Beach is $3,900 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Torrance with an average starting cost of $3,364.
To help you with your search, browse the 186 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Redondo Beach. Better rated regions include Torrance with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Redondo Beach, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Redondo Beach, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Redondo Beach
The coastal city of Redondo Beach has two public libraries, a performing arts center and more than two dozen parks and parkettes, providing plenty of activities for active seniors to enjoy. This city has nearly 68,000 residents, including a large senior community that makes up 12 percent of the population.
Assisted living facilities in Redondo Beach are officially known as residential care facilities for the elderly and are licensed through the Department of Social Services. The Redondo Beach area has 93 assisted living facilities, including two in the city proper.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Redondo Beach
- California has some of the highest state income tax rates in the country. Although Social Security income is not taxed in Redondo Beach, seniors pay regular income tax on all other forms of retirement income. This may be a consideration for retirees relocating to California from outside of the state.
- The air quality in Los Angeles County, where Redondo Beach is located, is very poor. The American Lung Association gave the county an F for ozone pollution and an F for short-term particle pollution, which may be a concern for some seniors with certain health conditions.
- Redondo Beach is safer than 22 percent of U.S. cities and 34 percent of California cities of all sizes. Its overall crime rate is similar to the average for cities of similar population sizes, however, which may make it a viable option for safety-minded seniors.
- Redondo Beach has a comfortable, mild climate throughout the year, which may appeal to seniors who enjoy participating in outdoor activities. During the warm season, which lasts from early-July to early-October, highs are in the mid-70s. During the cool season from December to April, highs are in the mid-60s.
- The Redondo Beach area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Providence Medical Institute and Memorial Hospital of Gardena, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Redondo Beach is a pricey place to live, even by California's standards. The overall cost of living is about 155 percent higher than the national average, which may be a concern for retirees on a fixed income.
Paying for Assisted Living in Redondo Beach
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Redondo Beach start around $3,900 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Redondo Beach and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Redondo Beach
Seniors who meet income and asset restrictions in Redondo Beach may receive financial assistance with assisted living expenses through the Medicaid state plan, also called Medi-Cal, or its Assisted Living Waiver program. Qualifying seniors may also use Supplemental Security Income – Category G benefits toward room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Redondo Beach
Redondo Beach and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Redondo Beach, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Redondo Beach
Redondo Beach-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.