Sunrise of Hermosa Beach

Reviews of Sunrise of Hermosa Beach

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Hermosa Beach

April 06, 2015

By Karen100681050

I visited Sunrise at Hermosa Beach, and it was a good location. The facility itself was nice, homey, comfortable, and clean. On the patio, it had a beautiful ocean view, it was well-kept, and the rooms were very neat and clean. I worked with the marketing director, and she was very friendly and answered all my questions. She seemed very at ease and accommodating to the residents. A couple of people ask her questions, and she seemed to be accommodating. She was very forthright about all the information about fee structure, amenities, and everything they had to offer. She gave me a tour of a couple of rooms, and we toured all the common areas so I felt they had a pretty good idea of what was the facility and what they had to offer. I would imagine it was a sought after facility as it has a nice ocean view. It was impressive, and if I were to go for an assisted living facility, I would choose the place.

February 24, 2015

By Ana4

I went to Sunrise of Hermosa Beach. That was beautiful and great, but it was out of my price range. We met with a coordinator. She was very pleasant and very honest. She was open and gave us good information. It was lovely. It was just that it was out of our price range, and I didn't like that the rooms were shared. We just saw the residents hanging out in their living room area, but we didn't really see activities going on. That doesn't mean they don't have them. We just didn't see them. It was very beautiful, and the rooms have an ocean view. It was just too costly.

December 02, 2014

By Lauren9

I've been to Sunrise of Hermosa Beach for a visit a couple of times, and the downstairs is beautiful. You feel like you are in the living room and dining room of somebody's own home. It's kind of Victorian and lush. This is also the only place that hasn’t called me back to see if I had made a decision or not. One of my concerns is the parking as they don’t have much parking. Mostly I just saw people watching TV.

September 30, 2013

By Daisy11

We tried the food at Sunrise at Hermosa Beach and it was surprisingly good. There was a variety of the food choices. The positive thing about this facility is that you get the beach front view, but because it's near the beach and the space is limited it seemed like rooms were smaller than most places that I've seen. You don't get much space. The activities weren't as extensive as the others, but they did have quite a bit of activity that the seniors can choose from. The downfall with this place is that they only took people who needed assisted living and you get a little bit gloomy cause everyone was in a walker, wheelchair, or everyone is in need of assistance. For people who like to be the beach, this would be a perfect place for them.

August 10, 2013

By Terry14

We do shows for the residents in Sunrise. I took my mom to Sunrise for a tour about a year and a half ago. It's a really large facility. All the rooms are nicely arranged so everyone has easy access to elevator and community rooms but they also have a separate area which is a lock down area for patients with Alzheimer's which is hard to find in the other assisted living facilities. In the lock down area, everything was arranged like in the residential area but they have a lot of attendants and they're constantly engaging them in mind games to try to keep what memory they have intact which I find rather impressive. They had a very lovely dining area and the residents are welcome to have their families come and enjoy dinner. It's all prepared restaurant style so you order from a menu rather than a set item being served each meal, they actually had choices. They even had a separate dining area so if residents wanted to have a large family gathering they can use that room. They had a beautiful outside garden area and it's right near the coast so you get the ocean breeze and just a very facility. It's a very pretty facility and I found all the people there just friendly and attentive. They're not only recruiting people like me coming in for tours but they're engaging themselves with the residents by first names.

December 07, 2011

By ML712

My grandfather has been a member at Sunrise for the past year and our family is really pleased with the service. My grandpa, along with many others in this facility have alzheimer's and the staff is always so great with them. I was definitely impressed with how the staff reacts with my grandpa and others in the facility as well as their families. Very attentive to their needs. They have a pretty eclectic mix of food. Honestly, nothing earth-shattering as far as taste goes, but about what you would expect from a place like this.They have game nights and movie nights and things like that which the members of the facility really seem to enjoy. Bingo, cards, etc. You name it they have it.Only real downside to this facility is the parking situation is pretty bad for visitors. It's located on Pacific Coast Highway, which if you have never been to Southern California before, it can get pretty congested in the afternoon. Not to mention street parking is a no-go because the Hermosa Beach PD is all over the place waiting to hand out tickets.All in all, hard to find a lot of faults with Sunrise Senior Living. I know my grandpa has enjoyed his stay there and we're certainly appreciate of their work.

July 21, 2011

By Titanic1909

Other

This is a nice facility. They don't have the money and the wealth that some really fancy facilities have, but they do take Medical or Medicaid. They're pretty clean and they have a lot of clients even though they're a smaller facility. It's located in a business district 2-3 miles from the beach. There's landscaping on the grounds, but not as much as at some facilities. There's lots of parking. The building itself is medium-sized and really clean inside. The dining room was smaller than I thought it could be. They have rooms where the residents can watch TV. The residents tend to share rooms, and they're medium-sized. The furniture all looks the same, so maybe they come furnished. The staff gets an 8 out of 10 for friendless and a 7 out of 10 for training. I didn't try the food, but it looked good and also healthy. I talked to the Administrator, and they don't have that many activities for the residents. I didn't see a schedule of activities or anything like that. They also have a lot of dementia patients "“ maybe 40% of the facility. I think they have a lot more clients than they can handle there. I saw a lot of residents and not a lot of staff members. Maybe that's why they don't have many activities.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Hermosa Beach