Clearwater at South Bay

Reviews of Clearwater at South Bay

Assisted Living Reviews for Clearwater at South Bay

November 30, 2015

By SN1

Welbrook Senior Living South Bay is an expensive place to live, but if you can afford it, it's OK. If you have some medical issues, I wouldn’t go there. They need to be more aware of the issues that come up with their residents. Their staff was good, but I feel they were short staffed.

October 27, 2015

By anonymous111302950

I just came home from Welbrook, and it was very nice. I think this is the one I'll go to, if I ever have to go again. The food was good, and the staff was very friendly and conscientious. I think the security was very good there. The staff was super.

June 15, 2015

Welbrook was right around the corner of our house, and it was brand new. It had very helpful and very nice people. It was very clean and new inside since it was just built. The staff answered my questions. They wanted us to make an appointment so I could bring in my mother. They gave me the information and asked me to call back, or they would follow up with me. I thought they had everything from karaoke to bingo to painting and different activities for seniors. They had a variety of different menus. It was a decent menu, and I was impressed with it. I would recommend it if they had the money.

March 08, 2015

I have placed my mom at Welbrook a month ago. It is both assisted living and memory care. It’s brand new, it’s not too big, and it’s close to my house. The caregivers are great, and mom is adjusting. She is in a private room with a huge bathroom and a walk in closet. The food is excellent. They have a full schedule of activities everyday; they have live music on Saturdays. Mother is in memory care, and so far everyone is great. The staff, the activity director, and the whole director of the place have been great.

February 10, 2015

By Lauren11

I learned about Welbrook from several different sources. It is brand new, and I drove by while it was being made. My mother has just been there for a week. It is a new place. I went to visit her yesterday, she was out of her room, and that is one of the reason I wanted her to move there. The caregiver was very good in coaxing my mother out. She knew how to talk to my mother, so that was good. You have to have people that know how to talk to Dementia people. There's a certain way you have to talk to them. So far it is a good place. The room is clean, but they let my mother eat in the room. When you let old person eat inside, there's crumbs all over. I want her eating in the dining room and not in her room. They seem to know what they are doing. It's a new place, and they have a little learning curve. My mother is a very difficult person, and nothing is going to make her happy, but I'm not getting any angry phone calls from her. Overall it?s a nice place.

January 25, 2015

Everything in Welbrook is upgraded. They've done everything to open a top of the line type of facilities. They're hoping to open just a plain memory care building. There is a waitlist, and the lady said she couldn't get us in because there are people that bought the rooms. The staff was really nice when I went in. They have a whole list of activities. They look like they are ready to keep up with their activity because they have crafts and arts stuff available. They even have goodies. It is very welcoming. I would recommend this community.

January 15, 2015

By Rhonda15

I went to Welbrook South Bay, and it was a very nice facility. It was lovely. It was a brand new facility. The staff was wonderful and very cordial. I would give them a 10 all the way down the line -- the amenities, and the programs. The dining was lovely. I would recommend it. If I had $5,000 a month, I would be living there. It was accessible to everything. The location was fantastic. It was near shopping, restaurant, parks, hospital, everything.

Costs for Clearwater at South Bay

Photos of Clearwater at South Bay

Services and Amenities of Clearwater at South Bay

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee: $4,000

• Housing Extra: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Licenses: RCFE
  • State Licenses: 198601886

About Clearwater at South Bay

Clearwater at South Bay, an Assisted Living, and Memory Care community, is all-encompassing of what it truly means to successfully age within an engaging environment.

At Clearwater at South Bay, we leave no need unaddressed. Our attentive and dedicated associates are on hand to keep things beautiful and fresh. In-house chefs prepare seasonal goodness our residents can enjoy al fresco, in the restaurant-style dining room, or in the privacy of their one or two bedrooms senior living apartment. Residents can even consult with the chef to arrange a private catered lunch or dinner for friends or family. A sampling of our services and amenities includes:

• Bistro
  • Full Salon & Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping & Laundry services
  • Movie Theater & Game Room
  • Wellness & Lifestyle Programs
  • Gourmet Dining & Catering
  • State-of-the-art Emergency Call System
  • 24-hour professional care staff

Assisted living should make life simple and give you comfort. Our entire staff is committed to pursuing the highest quality of life for every resident. Staff is available 24-hours a day, so if you need assistance with escorting, eating, bathing, and incontinent care, medication management or dressing, we are here to help.

Memory Care residents are fully supported by compassionate care partners who understand the unique needs and limitations of those with Alzheimer’s and other memory-loss illnesses. Our Clearbrook Memory Care community in Torrance is designed with secured areas and easy-to-navigate spaces which help residents retain their self-reliance and promote independence within their abilities. Our innovative approach and emphasis on community create an atmosphere where residents thrive in comfort and delight.

Our community features gorgeous gardens and easy access to beautiful beaches, close to fabulous shopping, dining, and entertainment at The Del Amo Shopping Center, and moments away from the seaside pleasures of our beautiful coastal city.

Map of Clearwater at South Bay