Regency Palms Long Beach

Reviews of Regency Palms Long Beach

Assisted Living Reviews for Regency Palms Long Beach

February 01, 2022

By Tiy Bowton

At Regency Palms the staff has taken excellent care of my Alzheimer’s affected sister. They have been helpful to our family and protected our loved one from COVID. Staff is friendly, fun and professional even in these difficult times.

Thank you for your review.

August 19, 2021

By Momslasthome

The staff goes above and beyond to take care of all residents. They are exceptional and my mother loved everyone. The rooms are a bit small, but completely refurbished and nicely maintained. The amenities are amazing and there was ALWYAS something to do daily. Check out to Rooftop -- it's incredible!

July 13, 2021

By FFerro

Four years ago, being the guardian of my elderly uncle, I had the task of finding an assisted living facility for him. After much research I chose Regency at Long Beach and could not have been happier! Unfortunately my uncle recently passed, and being 3,000 miles away on the East Coast, it was difficult for me to give him the attention that he needed. He went in to Regency as an active senior and utilized many of their amenities. He was treated with respect and dignity to the end in conjunction with Hospice. My gratitude goes out to the entire staff at Regency. Kevin Lombardi

July 07, 2021

By Steve

I had an excellent experience moving my mom into Regency Palms. The staff was wonderful as were the directors. The residents we’re very welcoming and friendly, and made my mom‘s transition there smooth. My mother was very happy at Regency. Unfortunately she passed away and once again the residents, staff and directors could not have been more sympathetic, helpful and supportive. Also, the facility is beautiful and well taken care of. I highly recommend Regency Palms.

Thank you so much for your review. We loved having your mother with us!

June 23, 2021

By Roswitha

I like Regency Palms Long Beach. The woman that gave me the tour was very pleasant, very informed and she answered all my questions. I didn't like the fact that they didn't have an outside yard, but they have a very nice roof terrace. I like pretty much everything about that place, but they were very expensive, and I don't know if we can afford it, so that's a big problem. The rooms were very nice. Everybody buys their own furniture, but they help with the move-in and in whatever you need. There were lots of windows in the rooms. I looked at a really small studio room and even that was very, very bright. They have different-sized rooms. It was clean. Because they had a lot of windows everywhere, most of them had a nice view of the city and some hills in the area, so I like that place a lot. The rooms all had a little refrigerator in them, and the bathrooms were nice. Other than that, there were not any amenities in the rooms. I haven't had a chance to look at the menu, but the staff gave me a little box of cookies. She said they were freshly baked. I don't know if they made them right there or not, but they were delicious.

Thank you so much for your review! We hope to have you back soon!

June 18, 2021

By Lloyd

Regency Palms Long Beach was nice. They do not have the scenery. It looked like they are fairly well staffed, and they seemed to be knowledgeable. It looked very clean. It is seven or eight stories, and it has got elevators. In case of fire, they have a firewall on the elevators. Getting into the place, they would direct you to wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, and put on your masks.

March 18, 2021

By Michelle

We went to Regency Palms Long Beach on Saturday. It went very well; we loved the place. It's probably going to be the smallest of the ones that we looked at, but there was an appeal to that. My mother was worried that it might be a little too small, but everything else about it she loved. It's a great area, and the care looked very good. She was thinking that she would do a studio, but after looking at the room, she was thinking that she wanted a one-bedroom, but it's very nice. What we really liked about it was there was so much light. It was a beautiful building, it looked comfortable, and she liked the dining room on each floor -- that was nice. She liked to be able to walk the surroundings of the place. It's close to us. They showed us the whole calendar. We couldn't see anything with COVID. We were on the sixth floor; there were no residents there. There is a room in the center of all the rooms where they could go at any time to watch TV or play games, a gym in the basement, a beauty salon, and exercises every morning. They have a beautiful, beautiful rooftop that is open to the residents, and they can go at any time. They gave my mom little treats from their kitchen, and she said they were very good.

Thank you so much for your review!

February 21, 2021

By Yulander

I went to Regency Palms. I really liked it. It was really nice. It was clean and well kept. The hallways and rooms were clean. They showed me four different types of room. They have shared rooms and one-bedrooms. They have different floor plans. On each floor they have an eating and seating area. I liked the staff member, she gave me the royal treatment. It was nice. I wasn't able to see the dining area, but she said that they have quality food. They have morning exercises, bible studies, daily chronicles, karaoke nights, word puzzles, evening social events, card games, board games, weekend trivia, Sunday services, hobbies, and relaxation time. The staff was very informative. In fact, she called me and followed up.

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you soon!

Memory Care Reviews for Regency Palms Long Beach

October 21, 2021

By Ramiro

My mother moved to Regency Palms Long Beach . The staff is very helpful, very friendly, and they are very informative. They made it very easy for her to move over the course of a few days. I was very impressed with the room size and how accommodating it was The community is very nice, the community being the people who are residents there. Everyone seems happy and smiling. The place was immaculate as far as the environment, the neighborhood, it's very, very nice, very welcoming, and it appears to be safe as well. So, I've been very impressed with the facility and the surrounding communities. There's a variety of private and shared rooms, and she's in a shared room. There's a calendar of events that they have scheduled. They do a monthly field trip, they'll take some of the patients out and drive them around, and do other activities. There's a spa in the building where they can for personal grooming, there is a gym if someone wants to stay in shape, there's a rooftop viewing area, and a garden, so it's nice and welcoming. She had dinner there and she ate it. The value for the money is excellent.

August 04, 2021

By Jhester

Outstanding facility. The staff are caring, wonderful people. My mother has been there for 2 years and has done extremely well (and safe during COVID!). She tells me how happy she is “at home.” I am very grateful to have my mother at Regency Palms.

July 23, 2021

By gmbennett55

I chose Regency Palms to care for my dad- a tough time during the pandemic- and Regency has come through with flying colors. Even though we visited fir many months through a glass window- it was a window that allowed my to see so many caring individuals who were also learning the new normal. Now that things are a bit more open, inside visits have allowed me to see first hand a team that tries everyday to give my dad a great place to live and thrive. The executive director, Carla has been a guiding light through this storm. My hat is off to her and her fantastic team of caregivers and department heads. Thank you!

THank you so much for your review. We love having your dad with us!

December 08, 2020

By HelenP

I am a physician and my mother has been a resident at Regency Palms for over a year. I spent a great deal of time and effort researching locations before settling on Regency Palms. I could not be happier. The facilities are clean and safe, the food excellent. However, what makes Regency Palms special is the staff and management. They have provided my mother with care, kindness, and respect. Their job is very difficult- especially during these times. I give Regency Palms my highest recommendation.

November 27, 2020

By Edna

I liked the concept there at Regency Palms Long Beach. The only thing I didn't like is that it's a high-rise building and there is no garden. The rooms are nice. I saw the dining area, it's like a high-end restaurant. The building is brand new, and the rooms inside are brand new, that's why I like Regency Palms Long Beach, but it's a little expensive. There are shared rooms and private rooms. They're well lit. Every room has a window so you can see outside. It's an eight-story place and every floor has eight clients. Every floor has a kitchen, a dining area, and a TV room. The lady that gave me the tour was nice. I liked her. However, there's no garden, and that's the thing I didn't like. You park, you go in the building, you get in the elevator, and you get to the floors, and that's about it. I don't really know about their activities.

Thank you for your review Edna and we are glad you liked our community. We do have a beautiful rooftop with the space for stand up gardens if that was something you or your loved one was interested in. Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions about our community or senior living in general. We are always happy to assist you.

January 22, 2020

By E.Q.

Regency Palms Long Beach was really nice, but it was way over our budget. The one lady that ran us through the place was nice. The place seemed good and they have everything that you would normally want. Their dining area is nice, it's a large open area where you could see the whole room from anywhere you're standing. All in all, it just comes down to what you're willing to pay. It's a nice place, I have nothing against it but it was just like almost $2,000 more than these other comparable places we went to. It's located in a very busy high-traffic area. So it's a little hard to turn into the driveway because there are cars behind you going 50 miles an hour. But other than that, it was not hard to find, it's easy to locate.

Thank you for your review. Please feel free to visit us again or join us for an event.

May 06, 2019

By Morgen

I like Regency Palms Long Beach a lot. The rooms at the assisted living facility were comfortable, stylish, and appropriate. They were playing broom hockey in the memory care room, and they had some puzzles and coloring out. The PhD candidate doing the memory care was enthusiastic, young, insightful and creative. The salesman was very informative and eager to make a good deal for my mother. They have a floor for memory care, but it's exactly like any of the other floors and they have a special facility in the basement where daily memory care activities are taken care of. They have an elevator, and people can move up and down to their appropriate areas. The cookie I had was good.

Morgen, thank you for your review. Here at Regency Palms Long Beach, we strive to give every one of our residents a great life. We try and do this through a welcoming atmosphere that encourages our residents to get to know both our staff and their fellow residents. We strive to give our residents the independence they desire with the assistance they may need.
See all Memory Care reviews (11) See fewer reviews

Questions about Regency Palms Long Beach

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Regency Palms Long Beach. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Regency Palms Long Beach has a very active population, our residents range from 65 years old to 102! We have a walking group, they also enjoy cooking and painting.

What programs or activities does Regency Palms Long Beach offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We provide fun and meaningful activities for our residents and encourage them to engage in new and unique experiences. Please visit our website to view our complete activity calendar.

What places are near Regency Palms Long Beach or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located on the Historic Pine Avenue in the Downtown Long Beach Area, close to restaurants and shopping.

What transportation services does Regency Palms Long Beach offer to assisted living residents?

Regency Palms offers transportation services for physician appoints and outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Regency Palms Long Beach exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our restaurant-style dining experience offers a delicious three course meal: soup/salad, main entrée, and dessert.

What safety features or security measures does Regency Palms Long Beach offer to assisted living residents?

We have a concierge that checks in guests at our entrance. We have regular safety briefings and fire drills.

How does Regency Palms Long Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our Director of Wellness and Executive Director keep in regular contact with resident's families regarding any change in condition, news updates, or operational changes.

If Regency Palms Long Beach accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept dogs and cats, there are parks within the neighborhood for walking.

What safety features or security measures does Regency Palms Long Beach provide to protect residents who wander?

Our Memory Care floors are secure, residents must be with a staff member to be able to get on or off the elevators.

What programs or activities does Regency Palms Long Beach offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

All of our staff are trained in both the Montessori and Validation theories for memory care. More information is available on our website.

Our Director of Wellness does the resident's assessments. Assessments are done every few weeks or as needed when a change in condition is noted.

How does Regency Palms Long Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Director of Wellness is in contact with the resident's families regarding any health changes.

Describe the neighborhood around Regency Palms Long Beach. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in the Pine Avenue district of downtown Long Beach with shopping and restaurants within walking distance.

Costs for Regency Palms Long Beach

Photos of Regency Palms Long Beach

Services and Amenities of Regency Palms Long Beach

• Fee Structure Extra: Al Is Plus Care Costs Mc Is All Inclusive

• Companion Suites: Yes

• State Licenses: Pending

About Regency Palms Long Beach

“Regency Palms Long Beach believes life should be more than just good. It should be great! At our beautiful, one-of-a-kind community, we make it our mission to shower everyone who comes through our doors with love, joy and happiness.

Get ready for retirement living that makes you say WOW! At Regency Palms Long Beach, you’ll enjoy the privacy and independence of home living, paired with the comfort and security of having a caring, passionate, dedicated staff available 24 hours a day to help with anything you might need. Spend your days how you want, whether venturing out into the community for an afternoon at the beach.

The Fundamentals of Assisted Living at Meridian Senior Living - Services Include:

• Companion and private room accommodations, furnished/unfurnished, cable TV
  • Private bath in each room with step-in showers, private spa
  • Assistance with activities of daily living and medication management
  • Wellness and personal care services
  • Comprehensive dining program, special diets accommodated
  • Enriching social activities, group classes, wellness, fitness and educational programs
  • Housekeeping, laundry services, maintenance, transportation and concierge services
  • On-site beauty salon and barber shop
  • On-call physician services

Making every day special can mean a lifetime of happiness for someone living with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of memory-robbing dementia. Each of our compassionate, skillfully trained caregivers is committed to making each day special for those living in our memory care neighborhoods.

Of course, philosophies without actions are just words on a page. That’s why we encourage you to come in for a visit. See, hear, smell, taste and experience our philosophy in action.

• See It in Our Smiles.
  • Hear It in Our Voices.
  • Smell It in the Cleanliness of Our Rooms and Building.
  • Taste It in Our Lovingly Prepared Meals.
  • Experience It in Our Atmosphere of Care.

We believe every interaction we have – whether with a resident, family member, prospect or employee – should be filled with WOW! That sense of joy and caring is what makes every moment in our beautiful community WOW!-worthy.”

Map of Regency Palms Long Beach