69 Assisted Living Facilities near Seal Beach, CA
Also serving communities of Rossmoor.
There are 69 Assisted Living Facilities in the Seal Beach area, with 2 in Seal Beach and 67 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Seal Beach is $5,840 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Long Beach with an average starting cost of $3,290.
To help you with your search, browse the 229 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Seal Beach. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Seal Beach 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cypress with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Seal Beach, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Seal Beach, CA
67 Assisted Living Facilities near Seal Beach, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Seal Beach
Situated at the northernmost part of Orange County's 42 miles of coastline, Seal Beach is named for the seals that used to be found on its beachfront. Today, this small city has just over 24,000 residents, including a large senior community that makes up almost 40 percent of the population.
In California, assisted living facilities are officially called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, and they are licensed through the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division. The Seal Beach area is home to 69 assisted living facilities, including two facilities in the city proper.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Seal Beach
- According to the American Lung Association, ozone pollution and short-term particle pollution levels are very high in Orange County, where Seal Beach is located. The county was given an F for ozone pollution and a D for 24-hour particle pollution, which may be a consideration for seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular illnesses.
- Seal Beach has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Los Alamitos.
- Although Social Security income is not taxed in California, all other forms of retirement income are fully taxable. This may affect how much money Seal Beach seniors have to put toward assisted living expenses.
- Seal Beach has a warm, comfortable climate throughout the year, making it well-suited for seniors who enjoy participating in outdoor activities. The warm season lasts from early July to late September and has highs around 80 degrees and lows in the mid-60s. The cool season lasts from late November to late March with highs in the upper-60s and lows in the upper-40s.
Safety in Seal Beach is rated 19 out of 100, indicating that this city is safer than 19 percent of cities of all sizes across the country. When compared only to similarly sized cities, Seal Beach's combined property and violent crime rate is quite a bit higher than average. This may be a consideration for seniors who enjoy being out alone in the community.
- The overall cost of living in Seal Beach is more than double the national average and about 60 percent higher than the state average, primarily because of the high cost of housing. This may be a consideration for seniors with tight monthly budgets.
Paying for Assisted Living in Seal Beach
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Seal Beach start around $5,840 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Seal Beach and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Seal Beach
Seniors in Seal Beach who meet income restrictions may qualify for financial aid to help pay for the cost of assisted living. There are two programs available, including Medi-Cal, which offers an Assisted Living Waiver program, and Supplemental Security Income – Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Seal Beach
Seal Beach and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Seal Beach, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Seal Beach
Seal Beach-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Seal Beach, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Seal Beach
Review of Sunrise of Seal Beach
Sunrise of Seal Beach was lovely. The facilities were nice. The houses were very sleek; we liked it. It looked very comfortable; however, the architectural style didn't make us feel very at home be... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Seal Beach
I visited Sunrise of Seal Beach. It is a beautiful community. I was most impressed with their independent living, but the assisted living facilities seemed to be a little cramped, a little small. T... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Seal Beach
Sunrise of Seal Beach was very nice but quite expensive. The administrator was very nice, and they seemed to have a good variety of activities. The menu looked good. Read more