90 Assisted Living Facilities near Clovis, CA
With an average cost of $3,030 in Clovis, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 46 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 30 facilities in Clovis.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Clovis, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clovis
While Clovis, California, in Fresno County often draws young families looking to purchase their first home, it also has a senior population of 12 percent. Clovis and its surrounding areas have 97 assisted living facilities from which seniors can choose. In Clovis, as well as the rest of California, assisted living facilities fall under the category of residential care facilities (RCFs), which also includes adult foster homes.
Assisted living facilities provide basic services and supervision to its residents, who are most often 60 years or older. These facilities are licensed by the Community Care Licensing Division under the Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clovis
- Clovis ranks 83 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index, thanks to its plethora of sunny days and low precipitation. There are an approximate 272 sunny days annually in Clovis and only 12 inches of rain; the U.S. gets an average of 39 inches per year.
- There’s plenty of enriching activities in Clovis for seniors to enjoy, and some assisted living facilities may offer supervised trips. Some examples of community events include festivals like Big Hat Days and ClovisFest, where seniors will find plenty of arts, crafts, food and other attractions.
- Clovis has an efficient public transportation system, so it’s easy for seniors to get around. It’s also great for those on a fixed income since seniors over 65 with valid identification ride for free.
- Clovis is one of the more polluted U.S. cities, with an air quality ranking of 48, compared to the national average of 58. This data is based on the EPA’s National Air Toxics Assessment, which measures hazardous air pollutants by zip code.
- The cost of living in Clovis is 123.9, which is higher than the U.S. average of 100. Housing is a big part of this figure and may affect monthly assisted living rates.
- Clovis has a property crime rate of 49.0 as compared to the national average of 38.1, which means residents are at a slightly elevated risk of theft. Although this figure is higher, the violent crime rate for Clovis comes in at 16.0, substantially lower than the U.S. average of 31.1.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clovis
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Clovis start around $3,030 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clovis and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clovis
Seniors in Clovis with limited financial means may be able to obtain help for assisted living costs. An Assisted Living Waiver is available for eligible seniors through the California Department of Health Care Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clovis
Clovis and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clovis, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clovis
Clovis-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Clovis, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Clovis
Review of Magnolia Crossing
I went to Magnolia Crossing a month ago. When you go out of your room, all the doors open up into the living area. They have a movie area. They have a craft area and a dining room area. It's comple... Read more
Review of Green Gables Care Home 2
Green Gables was good and everything was fine. We're trying to find a place that Mom would like with her various needs, but it was great. The staff who accommodated me was very good. I thought the ... Read more
Review of Orchard Park
I had an in-person tour at Orchard Park. I visited both assisted living and memory care. They're very nice. Everything is pretty good except for one thing, and that is the double room in the memory... Read more