89 Assisted Living Facilities near Clovis, CA
There are 89 Assisted Living Facilities in the Clovis area, with 32 in Clovis and 57 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Clovis is $3,075 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 184 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clovis. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Clovis 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fresno with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Clovis find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clovis, call (855) 863-8283.
32 Assisted Living Facilities in Clovis, CA
57 Assisted Living Facilities near Clovis, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clovis
While Clovis, California, in Fresno County often draws young families looking to purchase their first home, it also has a senior population of 12 percent. Clovis and its surrounding areas have 97 assisted living facilities from which seniors can choose. In Clovis, as well as the rest of California, assisted living facilities fall under the category of residential care facilities (RCFs), which also includes adult foster homes.
Assisted living facilities provide basic services and supervision to its residents, who are most often 60 years or older. These facilities are licensed by the Community Care Licensing Division under the Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clovis
- Clovis ranks 83 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index, thanks to its plethora of sunny days and low precipitation. There are an approximate 272 sunny days annually in Clovis and only 12 inches of rain; the U.S. gets an average of 39 inches per year.
- There’s plenty of enriching activities in Clovis for seniors to enjoy, and some assisted living facilities may offer supervised trips. Some examples of community events include festivals like Big Hat Days and ClovisFest, where seniors will find plenty of arts, crafts, food and other attractions.
- Clovis has an efficient public transportation system, so it’s easy for seniors to get around. It’s also great for those on a fixed income since seniors over 65 with valid identification ride for free.
- Clovis is one of the more polluted U.S. cities, with an air quality ranking of 48, compared to the national average of 58. This data is based on the EPA’s National Air Toxics Assessment, which measures hazardous air pollutants by zip code.
- The cost of living in Clovis is 123.9, which is higher than the U.S. average of 100. Housing is a big part of this figure and may affect monthly assisted living rates.
- Clovis has a property crime rate of 49.0 as compared to the national average of 38.1, which means residents are at a slightly elevated risk of theft. Although this figure is higher, the violent crime rate for Clovis comes in at 16.0, substantially lower than the U.S. average of 31.1.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clovis
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Clovis start around $3,075 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clovis and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clovis
Seniors in Clovis with limited financial means may be able to obtain help for assisted living costs. An Assisted Living Waiver is available for eligible seniors through the California Department of Health Care Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clovis
Clovis and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clovis, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clovis
Clovis-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Clovis, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Clovis
Review of Orchard Park
I fell and my injury caused all kinds of problems. When I came to Orchard Park, I couldn't even walk around the courtyard just once, but now I can do it 16 or 17 times. I have improved. The food ha... Read more
Review of Royal Gardens Senior Care
Royal Gardens Senior Care is a residential home modified to have additional bedrooms. The landscaping is very nice. The area is fairly busy. The staff prepares meals and assist with bathing, dressi... Read more
Review of Pryor Falls-Loyola
This is a board & care residence with 5-6 residents living in a home environment. The administrators & staff are organized, provide a home-like environment, allow the pet of a client on a ... Read more