The Windham

Reviews of The Windham

Assisted Living Reviews for The Windham

November 06, 2015

By anonymous lady1

The Windham was very nice. I enjoyed the tour, and the food was very good. They seemed to be a little aloof and a little high class.

September 15, 2015

By Beth40

I placed my parents in The Windham. The one-bedroom is a little bigger than most of the others, so that is attractive. For the most part, they have been accommodating. The grounds are mature and landscaped nicely. It feels very open. The dining room is big and tastefully decorated. The food is not bad. They have various activities. They have outings to diner, to the theater, and to shopping areas. The level of care is pretty good. The place is comfortable and gives you a homey atmosphere. It is convenient because it is by all their doctors and the main hospital in town.

November 19, 2012

By nohlranch

There are many different floor plans available at this facility, ranging from studios to two bedroom places. My friend lives in a one bedroom place. It has a balcony, a living room, a kitchen and a bedroom. The size could probably be enough for a small family, but it is currently just being used for him and his wife. There are several amenities in the facility. The first noticeable trait is climate control. This is important, especially given how hot it is in Fresno during the summers. There is also a 24-hour emergency button, in case their are any medical emergencies. Services also include housekeeping, grooming, and medication regulation. There's a lot to do around the area. There are multiple courtyards, and it is nice to have a nice walk that includes luscious green and the sound of animals. There is also a swimming pool, which is a nice place to stay cool. There's also a public events calendar that lets residents know what activities will be happening; this includes board games nights, movie nights, happy hour, bowling, and many others. There is also free transportation to local areas such as the mall, church, bank, or hospital. Overall, this is a good facility. My friend likes it, and I may enjoy retiring here one day.

June 12, 2012

By DanielleR

This is a great assisted living provider. The Windham provides independent living and assisted living. I am more familiar with their assisted living program because that is what my grandmother is under. I go in almost everyday to see and visit her. I chose The Windham because their staff is very helpful and respectful, their facility is clean and modern, and they have various amenities to offer. The staff is always happy to help. They have many activities for the seniors to participate in to keep them active. At The Windham, there is a spacious workout room that is my favorite because I take my grandmother there to get a little exercise. The Windham is also has a pool that I really like because my grandmother gets workouts that way too. Overall, this is a great place and I haven't had any complaints about it. The staff is great, along with the amenities. The facility is modern and it's not the biggest but it's the best so far.

December 19, 2011

By AmiR4663

Wow! This is a beautiful facility situated on 11 acres in a very nice area of Fresno close to shopping, medical services, and entertainment. I thought this was a hotel when I drove by and it resembles one inside except that it was more intimate. They stress independent living with activities like physical fitness classes, trips, and educational programs. The grounds are beautiful, very manicured and plenty of space for roaming about. The dining room has restaurant style service, very nice. The staff was very professional and friendly. This is a first class facility; they allow pets of course!

Independent Living Reviews for The Windham

August 30, 2015

By Linda112128050

We went to The Windham at Fresno, and it was very nice. I would not hesitate to put my parents there at any time. The rooms were very nice and have plenty of space. The independent living area is perfect for those who want to live independently. It’s like a cottage. Their dining room is like a restaurant, and it's nice.

October 28, 2014

We basically really liked the Windham. They have cottages. We’re in the main building, and they have beautiful surroundings. They have a nice area where you can go outside, they had a fountain flowing, and you could sit around the fountain and talk. The food was the not the best, but the staff and helpers were all very friendly. Everybody is nice.

May 07, 2014

By A contented resident

I have lived here for a year. It is a beautiful, well maintained facility. The staff and service is superb. Food in the dining room is excellent. It has been a very happy year for me.

August 24, 2012

By cantu21

this is a beautiful place but like the saying goes..all that glitters ISNT gold! my family member said she voiced her opinions and concerns to the staff members and they just brushed her off as if she was not worth their time. The current secretary is rude and very unprofessional when I would call to talk to someone concerning my family member she would tell me to hold and I would be on hold for the minimum 5min. and eventually be disconnected and when i call back she tells me to hold with an attitude and i am being disconnected again!bad service and untrained staff members! *if it was up to me i would rate them but had to

Services and Amenities of The Windham

• Detached Homes

• Dining Extra: A Restaurant Inspired Dining Experience, A Chef Created Menu That Focuses On Resident And Regional Favorites, Additional Meal Options Available

• Pool

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

• Licenses: 107208238
  • State Licenses: 107201396

About The Windham

Ideally located in the north end of Fresno close to shopping, entertainment and medical services, The Windham is an established senior living community with a warm and friendly atmosphere. We offer a variety of senior lifestyle options, educational and cultural enrichment programs and an array of flexible services. Set on ten acres of beautifully landscaped grounds and surrounded by walking paths, life at The Windham is vibrant, fulfilling and as active or carefree as you desire. You will have the opportunity to share your passions by becoming involved in one of the many activities on campus or volunteer your time to support a local organization in the neighboring community. At The Windham, community and friendship is why our residents and associates enjoy a fulfilling and engaged lifestyle.

Life at The Windham is comfortable and convenient with all the pleasures of home and none of the responsibilities. Whatever your interests or activity level, you are free to enjoy the company of friends at community social events, participate in lifelong learning and fitness classes, or take a quiet stroll in the sunshine. What makes The Windham feel so comfortable? It is the supportive team of associates who anticipate and acknowledge your preferences in orderto customize an independent lifestyle that's perfect for you.

Map of The Windham