22 Assisted Living Facilities near Hanford, CA
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hanford area, with 4 in Hanford and 18 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 74 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hanford. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hanford 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hanford, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Hanford, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hanford
Located in San Joaquin Valley, Hanford is known for it's commercial and cultural development. In Hanford and the rest of California, assisted living facilities are known as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly, or RCFEs. They are regulated by the California Code of Regulations and the California Assisted Living Association (CALA). There are 20 assisted living facilities in the Hanford area, four in the city of Hanford itself and the rest in the cities surrounding it.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hanford
- The cost of living in Hanford is listed as 99.5 on the cost of living index. This is slightly lower than the national average of 100. It is also lower than California's overall score of 152, so seniors may find living in the Hanford area to be more affordable than in the surrounding cities.
- The crime rate in Hanford is 11 percent higher than the national average crime rate. Persons in the area have a one in 32 chance of being a victim of either a crime, which could be of concern to safety-minded seniors.
- The Hanford area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Hanford Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The weather in Hanford is pleasant for seniors for the most part. Aside from 100-degree temperatures in the summer months, the average temperature for the whole year is usually in the comfortable 60-80 degree range.
- The air quality in Hanford, California could be problematic for seniors with respiratory concerns. The air quality is 36 percent worse than the national average and the pollution is 330 percent worse than it is in the rest of the United States.
- Hanford has a number of community programs for seniors. The Hanford Senior Center offers many opportunities for seniors to experience arts and culture, such as cooking and painting classes.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hanford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Hanford start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hanford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hanford
Eligible seniors can apply for financial assistance for assisted living via programs like Medi-Cal, a.k.a. California Medicaid. Low-income individuals who prefer to live in an assisted living facility rather than living in a nursing home may also receive help through the Assisted Living Waiver Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hanford
Hanford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hanford, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hanford
Hanford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hanford
Review of Valley Christian Home
My mom has already been moved into Valley Christian Home. So far, they are doing a really good job. It is local and within a few miles from where we are, and it has gotten good reviews from everybo... Read more