12 Assisted Living Facilities near Visalia, CA
Also serving communities of Exeter, Tulare.
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Visalia area, with 10 in Visalia and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Visalia is $3,924 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 62 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Visalia. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Visalia 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hanford with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Visalia find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Visalia, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Visalia, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Visalia
Visalia, California, set in the San Joaquin Valley in Tulare County, is only 36 miles west of Sequoia National Park and 43 miles south of Fresno. There are over 133,000 people, 11.4 percent of whom are seniors, living in the city. Seniors who are no longer independent and in need of assisted living services, will find eight to choose from in the city. Assisted living communities in Visalia — and in all of California — are regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Visalia
- The cost of living in Visalia is 68 percent lower than the state average and 4 percent higher than the national average. Seniors average a 12 percent lower grocery cost and a reduced health cost by 3 percent.
- Residents of Visalia face cool, damp winters that average temperatures between 45 to 60 degrees. Summers are both warm and slightly muggy with temperatures rarely exceeding 98 degrees, which is great for seniors sensitive to extreme temperatures.
- Visalia has a crime rate higher than 86 percent of California's neighborhoods of equivalent size primarily due to high property crimes. Violent crime in the city is 21 percent lower than the state average and 8.6 percent lower than the national average, so seniors can feel safe on day trips in the city.
- California is known for not being tax-friendly and does not provide seniors with a tax-exemption on retirement income, besides SSI. Visalia residents have a combined 8.5 percent sales tax compared to the 6 percent national average and 8.54 percent state average.
- Visalia has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Visalia Senior Center, an organization that offers a variety of trips, classes and programs to seniors 55 and up.
- The Visalia area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Kaweah Delta Health Care Center and the Family Healthcare Network in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Visalia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Visalia start around $3,924 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Visalia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Visalia
The city of Visalia offers seniors three options for financial assistance while applying for care in an assisted living facility. Med-Cali (Medicare) assists through the Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Assisted Living Waiver (ALW), while the state provides aid through Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Visalia
Visalia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Visalia, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Visalia
Visalia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Visalia, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Visalia
Review of Quail Park on Cypress
I took a tour of Quail Park on Cypress for my parents, and it was very good. I was very impressed with the facility and what they had to offer. The person who gave us the tour was very informative,... Read more
Review of Park Visalia Assisted Living & Memory Care
My dad moved into Park Visalia Assisted Living & Memory Care. I think it's a wonderful place. He doesn't like it because he's had a lot of changes, but he'll get used to it, I'm pretty sure. Th... Read more
Review of T.L.C Assisted Living for Seniors
TLC met our needs 100%. The staff was warm, loving, attentive and knowledgeable of the care my mother required for the short time she had left. The facility was clean, well maintained and odor free... Read more