At an average monthly rate of $7,787, nursing home care in Fresno is quite affordable in comparison to California’s statewide average of $9,247, making Fresno a good option for budget-conscious seniors who require long-term nursing care. Fresno also has a number of home health care providers and other services geared toward older adults, and area hospitals include the Fresno Heart & Surgical Hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Center and UCSF Fresno-affiliated Community Regional Medical Center

Nursing homes provide 24/7 skilled nursing care in a highly specialized, institutional setting for those who can’t be safely supported at home or in an assisted living facility. In California, nursing homes are highly regulated by the state to ensure resident safety, and facilities must have at least one licensed medical professional on-site at all times.

This guide provides an overview of nursing home costs in Fresno and nearby cities. There’s also a list of the average rates for other types of long-term care, and links to community-based resources for Fresno seniors and their caregivers.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Fresno, CA

Horizon Health and Subacute

3034 E. Herndon Ave., Fresno, CA, 93720

The tour of Horizon was pretty basic. I didn’t stay there very long because I didn’t feel like it was the right aspect for the person who I was looking for. I only saw a shared room, so that would mea … (read more)

The Terraces at San Joaquin Gardens

5555 North Fresno Street, Fresno, CA, 93710

The Terraces at San Joaquin Gardens rehab was wonderful. My uncle stayed there and he said great things about them. He was very happy with them. They have apartments there. They have independent livin … (read more)

Sunnyside Conv. Hospital

2939 S. PEACH AVENUE, Fresno, CA, 93725

Sunnyside was fine and very clean. It has everything that I think my dad will need, and the staff was friendly. They gave me a tour and were very helpful. They were having Halloween party during my vi … (read more)

San Joaquin Valley Rehabilitation Hospital

7173 N Sharon Ave, Fresno, CA, 93720

I was at San Joaquin Valley Rehab for about two weeks. I was treated well. The staff was excellent. The food was good. I had a great time. If you have to be sick somewhere, it was a fine place to be s … (read more)

Sierra Vista Healthcare Center

1715 S. Cedar Avenue, Fresno, CA, 93702

My father, Ted Robert W, arrived with his big cowboy hat and of course a little anxiety. His 6 children were nervous for him as this was his new home.. The staff soon put us all at ease and went out … (read more)

California Home For the Aged

6720 E Kings Canyon Rd, Fresno, CA, 93727

Oakwood Gardens Care Center

3510 E. Shields Street, Fresno, CA, 93726

My dad is in Oakwood Gardens Care Center for rehab, and I think they’re great. He gets OT, PT, and speech 5 days a week. He has a nutritionist there, and they have a doctor on staff that’s very access … (read more)

Pacific Gardens Nursing & Reha

577 S. PEACH AVE., Fresno, CA, 93727

This place is horrible and that’s in light words. My grandmother was a long time resident. I would watch residents begging for help and staff would walk by laughing while focusing on their personal ce … (read more)

Golden Livingcenter – Fresno

2715 Fresno Street, Fresno, CA, 93721

I really liked Golden Living Center – Fresno. It’s pretty nice. The room for Alzheimer’s was upstairs and completely locked down, so my grandmother won’t be able to get out, which I really liked. They … (read more)

Care Meridian Fresno Weber

2020 N Weber Ave, Fresno, CA, 93705

Care Meridian was the only facility that can accommodate my brother who was on life support. The facility was kind of outdated. But I liked that they have a nice large room where the family can congre … (read more)

Golden Livingcenter – Country View Alzheimers Care

925 N. Cornelia Avenue, Fresno, CA, 93706

I placed my grandma at Golden Livingcenter while she was still living, and the care she received was great. The facility is kind of an old building and kind of run down as far as the way the environme … (read more)

Twilight Haven

1717 S. WINERY AVE., Fresno, CA, 93727

Northpointe Health and Wellness Center, LLC

668 E. Bullard, Fresno, CA, 93710

Lazy staff! Sometimes it took them six hours to answer call lights. Rude and disrespectful! SeeI. have half a mind not to pay my bill! I am a retired RN and fhey treated me like trash. Instead of hel … (read more)

Golden Livingcenter – Hillcrest

3672 NORTH FIRST STREET, Fresno, CA, 93726

This is an older 89 bed skilled nursing facility that could use a small facelift; they’ve started replacing some of the flooring. The grounds are nice; they have a nice gated patio. They also have an … (read more)

Community Subacute And Transitional Care Center

3003 N Mariposa, Fresno, CA, 93703

I was moved here from St. Jude’s for recovery, treatment and physical therapy. I’ll keep this as short as I can. Upon entering, a distinct and unpleasant odor hit me, immediately giving me bad vibes … (read more)

HOPE MANOR, INC.

5265 EAST HUNTINGTON BLVD, Fresno, CA, 93727

University Medical Center

445 SOUTH CEDAR AVENUE, Fresno, CA, 93702

Nursing Home Costs in Fresno, California

Rates for semiprivate rooms in Fresno nursing homes average $7,787 per month, while private rooms cost about $7,863 per month.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

On average, nursing home care in Fresno costs $7,787 per month, while statewide, the same level of care costs an average of $9,247. Rates in Fresno are similar to the national average of $7,756.

Nursing home rates in nearby cities range from $6,844 in Visalia up to $9,399 in Merced. Just west of Fresno, nursing home care rates run about $8,578 in Madera, while costs are higher to the south in Hanford at $9,125 per month.

$7787

Hanford

$9399

Merced

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Families of seniors who don’t require around-the-clock skilled nursing care may find that another type of care meets their loved one’s needs. In Fresno, the least-expensive senior care option is adult day health care, which costs around $1,653 per month. In-home care services cost an average of $5,034 per month for 44 hours of care each week, while residential care in an assisted living community averages $4,750 per month. Rates for semiprivate ($7,787) and private ($7,863) nursing home care are about $2,800-$6,100 higher in comparison.

$5034

Adult day health care

$4750

Assisted living

$7787

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$7863

Nursing home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Fresno, California

Free Resources for Seniors in Fresno, California

There are a number of free and low-cost resources available to help Fresno seniors age-in-place in their own homes, delay or avoid institutionalization, and plan for their long-term care needs. There are also community-based supports available for those who require placement in a skilled nursing facility.

ResourceContactService
Fresno County Veteran Service Office(559) 600-5436The Fresno County Veteran Service Office helps vets, survivors and dependents secure their maximum entitlements through local, state and federal programs. Veteran Service Officers assist eligible seniors with VA benefit applications and appeals, provide information on survivor’s benefits, and help claimants file for VA burial allowances.
Fresno-Madera Agency on Aging(800) 510-2020or(559) 214-0299The Fresno-Madera Agency on Aging connects seniors and their caregivers with local support programs and services that can help seniors maintain their independence. The Agency provides information and referrals to local food banks and Meals-on-Wheels programs; Medicare counseling; in-home care services and caregiver groups.
Valley Adult Day Health Care Center(559) 454-0386The Valley Adult Day Health Care Center offers a multiservice program designed to support frail adults who may otherwise require placement in an institutional setting. The Center’s services include assistance with activities of daily living, nutritional support, rehabilitation therapies, recreational programming and medically supervised case management. For those without managed care, insurance or VA coverage, the Center offers a sliding fee schedule based on a senior’s income.