Oakwood Gardens Care Center

Reviews of Oakwood Gardens Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Oakwood Gardens Care Center

July 30, 2015

By nddiamond25

I have a family member here and he is extremely well taken care of and all his health needs are met. The new administrator is extremely good person and so hands on,

January 19, 2014

By Murielmaddox

My mother is in this facility, being moved from another facility that carelessly let her fall on her face after 9 pm at night saying she tripped on her shoe strings. What was she doing up out of bed after 9 pm with her shoes on anyway? Anyway, that is another story. This facility seems to be a well organized facility. We had an incident where they had moved my mom from one room to another without explanation and she was just lost be cause she has Dementia. I was not happy with thier reasoning and asked them not to move her again. I live out of state and I have to control her situation from a distance even though she does have a few family members in town. Since she has been in this facility since July 2013, she has had a stroke. Seems like they are taking care of her needs but I felt a lot better when a hospice nurse was appointed. The resident doctor has recommended that she does not need the Hospice Nurse even though it was against our wishes. Now they have moved her again to an 8 bed ward, which I did a surprise visit on her and to say the least, I am not a happy camper, since we are private pay. Paying $6800. a month and they put her in a 8 bed ward...time to move here.

January 08, 2012

By AmiR4663

This is one of four facilities owned by the same corporation and all are well maintained. This one is a 100 bed skilled nursing home for short or long term care, with a year long waiting list. It was very clean and well maintained for an older facility with very little odor (slight in one hallway) considering it's a skilled nursing facility. The dining room is big and the kitchen was clean. Residents are in either two or three to a room with privacy curtains. What I really liked is that upon entering the front door, a sign warns you not to let the dog out. They have a resident dog that roams freely about and seems to know who he should stay away from (he spends most of his time in the office sleeping). I think this humanizes a difficult time for the residents There was a mix of residents in wheelchairs, but most were napping. The physical therapy room was busy and they had a nice mix of physical equipment for exercising.

Photos of Oakwood Gardens Care Center

Services and Amenities of Oakwood Gardens Care Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Oakwood Gardens Care Center

Hy-Pana House Care Center offers the highest levels of medically complex skilled nursing care. Our staff is comprised of caring professional committed to providing quality care and exceptional customer service. Our emphasis is on rehabilitative nursing and a comprehensive therapy program that includes physical, occupational and speech therapy. Our rehabilitation program is individualized to promote rapid recovery. Just a few of our specialized services include post-operative care, wound care, and IV therapy. Our patients' record of recovery is unmatched in the area.

Map of Oakwood Gardens Care Center