7 Assisted Living Facilities in Tehachapi, CA
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tehachapi. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tehachapi 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tehachapi, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Tehachapi, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tehachapi
13,179 people live in the city of Tehachapi is located in the Tehachapi Mountains of Kern County. Seniors who like this are can choose from seven different assisted living communities in the Tehachapi area. Each is licensed and regulated by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division. In Tehachapi, as in all of California, assisted living facilities are called Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs). They provide assistance to seniors on all matters of personal care, medication management, and social activities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tehachapi
- The climate in Tehachapi is average. Seniors who don't mind snow and cold should be comfortable in this area. The January low is 32 degrees with 10 inches of annual snow (16 inches less than the national average). The summers are warm with July highs of 86 degrees and 278 sunny days per year.
- While Tehachapi's cost of living is 10.6 percent higher than the national average, it is much lower (52.3 percent) than the average cost of living for California, making it cheaper than the majority of the state.
- Seniors with breathing difficulty or a respiratory illness should consider that The American Lung Association gave Kern County an F ranking for air quality. This level of pollution could adversely affect individuals with these conditions.
- The Tehachapi area has a crime rate that is lower than average. Violent crime is 25.3 compared to the national average of 31.1 out of 100 (1 being the safest). Property crime is lower, too, at 37.3 versus 38.1. This may give families confidence that their senior loved ones are safe.
- There is limited in-town transportation available in Tehachapi. Kern Transit is available to connect residents from one town to the next in Kern County. Seniors may have a hard time getting around in this area.
- The Tehachapi area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Adventist Health Tehachapi Valley, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tehachapi
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Tehachapi start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tehachapi and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tehachapi
There are two ways seniors in California can receive financial aid. The state's Medicaid plan, Medi-Cal, helps eligible seniors with assisted living costs. Residents can also apply for waiver programs funded by the state called Home and Community Based Services (HCBS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tehachapi
Tehachapi and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tehachapi, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tehachapi
Tehachapi-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Tehachapi, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tehachapi
Review of Country Living
i have been very pleased with the care my family member has received. The facility is very clean and each resident is given one on one attention to ensure their needs are met. Truly a caring envir... Read more
Review of Country Living
I worked there for 5 years it is a true family good people i even named my child after one of the residents ck out and see for yourself u will love it!!!!!!! Read more