23 Assisted Living Facilities near Marina, CA
Also serving communities of Seaside.
There are 23 Assisted Living Facilities in the Marina area, with 2 in Marina and 21 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 124 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Marina. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Marina 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Aptos with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Marina, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Marina, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Marina
Marina is a scenic seaside community on California's central coast, just north of the city of Seaside, overlooking Monterey Bay. This tourist-friendly town has a permanent population of 22,000 people, 14 percent of whom are seniors age 65 and over. For seniors who need help living independently, the area in and around Marina has at least 23 assisted living facilities that provide a safe and comfortable home.
Like all residential care communities in the state, Marina's assisted living facilities are licensed and regulated through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Marina
- Marina's climate is typical for coastal California. Mild summers see average high temperatures of just 73 degrees. The equally mild winters bring overnight lows that average 40 degrees. Marina is right on the ocean, but sea breezes only bring about 15.5 inches of rain to town a year. When the wind comes in from the southwest, dust from the nearby sand dunes at Fort Ord can irritate some seniors' COPD or asthma.
- The cost of living in Marina is 59 percent above the national average, though this is significantly below the average cost of living for California, which can be 69 percent more expensive than the rest of the country. Healthcare is similarly affordable in Marina, where costs are roughly 5 percent lower than the average nationwide.
- Crime rates in Marina are somewhat below the national average. Across all crime categories combined, Marina has a crime rate that's roughly 33 percent below the average rate for similar-size cities in America. Marina's theft and property crime rates are somewhat higher than this, however, though the violent crime rate in town is very low.
- Public transportation in Marina is largely in the hands of Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST). MST operates 56 regular routes, which includes trolley service in Monterey, and several on-call and dial-a-ride services for mobility-challenged riders. Seniors age 65 and over, students and military veterans, including family members, can ride MST routes at a discount. Paratransit riders also qualify for discounts with transit ID cards.
- The Marina area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare and Watsonville Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Marina has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Alliance on Aging, an organization that performs outreach and advocacy for area seniors, as well as benefits consultation and some meal services for Marina seniors, as well as four senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Marina
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Marina start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Marina and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Marina
Marina's low-income seniors can get help paying some or all of the cost of assisted living through Medi-Cal, California's Medicaid program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Marina
Marina and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Marina, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Marina
Marina-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Marina
Review of Coastal Care Home
My mother is currently in hospice care at Coastal Care Home. Rose, the owner, is very sweet and caring. She considers all of her patients as family and it comes through loud and clear in the care s... Read more
Review of Coastal Care Home
This a feel like you still living in your own. It's clean, the nurses treat everyone with respect. They keep the residents clean and well fed. Everyone is treated like family. My father lives here ... Read more
Review of Coastal Care Home
The assisted living provider is good. I think the employees are friendly for the most part. There are a couple employees that are a little self-centered, but other than that everyone is very effi... Read more