The Park Lane

Reviews of The Park Lane

Assisted Living Reviews for The Park Lane

April 18, 2020

By JimmyinPG

We've been very impressed with TPL. My mom has been there for about 1 year and we came from another Asst Living home in the bay area. TPL is so much better in many respects. The food quality and selection are much better. The staff ratio to residents is also very good and they are very helpful and pleasant. There are a variety of things for my mom to join each day as well as just take a walk around the property.

Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows. Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

December 18, 2019

By Guilia

My siblings and I are beginning the search for our Mom. We have visited several places over the past few months. We have so much information to absorb, but when we met with Ms. Cynthia Duvall, she was so helpful and explained things to us that no one else had in our previous visits. We know that when the time comes, we will be in contact with Cynthia. You have a lovely facility and we met with staff that were kind and helpful.

Hi Guilia, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at The Park Lane. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

September 08, 2019

By Judith Anne

Beautiful place. Delicious food. Cynthia is an AWESOME help !

Hi Judith Anne, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at The Park Lane. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

August 05, 2019

By Fred D.

We had an excellent tour. The staff and residents were all very friendly. The staff is very competent and accommodating!

Hi Fred D., thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at The Park Lane. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

July 27, 2019

By Marianne

My daughter and I had a comprehensive tour of the building and the apartment in consideration. We were treated to lunch in their beautiful dining room. Beautiful facility, inside and out. Warm, friendly, informative staff, especially Community Relations Director, Cynthia D.

Marianne, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again soon! If you have any questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

July 21, 2019

By V. Barnes

Comprehensive presentation of program services, etc. Informative tour. Food very good. Thank you.

V. Barnes, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Park Lane! We hope to be of service to you again in the future. Best wishes, The Park Lane

July 16, 2019

By Sylvia

Presentation was very informative. Buildings and grounds are well layered. Our food was very good.

Sylvia, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! We're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help!

By June

Lived at The Park Lane over 2 years. It is a wonderful place to live! Great food. Excellent activities.

June, we are so happy to read such a great review about The Park Lane! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out! Thank you again for leaving us this review!

By Cheryl

Very friendly, warm, and professional. I am very pleased with the place and what it has to offer for my father.

Hi, thank you so much for sharing your positive review. We appreciate it very much.

By Karen

Beautiful public areas. Very welcoming. Good food in the dining room. Tour provider, Marissa, was wonderful!

Hi, thank you for sharing your positive experience, we are so glad to hear this. We will share your review with the team. We hope to see you again soon!

By Linda

This is a beautiful facility. Everyone is so nice and professional. I would love to live here.

Hello Linda, thank you for your kind words and taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate it and hope to see you again soon.

November 28, 2018

By Virginia P.

I enjoyed Ann’s presentation and information. You have an interesting and beautiful facility.

Thank you so much for your positive comments about The Park Lane!

July 31, 2018

By WG

The Park Lane's building was nice. They were very nice people. All of the rooms were well-kept. It's a good place to go to if you have that necessity. They had a large dining area and they gave us a free, delicious lunch included in the walk-through. Everything was number one there. They had a lot of activities. It was a great place with anything and everything a person would want and need. The lady showing us around was very polite and knowledgeable about telling us about the place.

Thank you so much for your positive comments about The Park Lane! We always strive to provide top quality service to every guest, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at The Park Lane!

April 30, 2018

By Cathy

I visited The Park Lane and talked to the staff in the office and in the restaurant. They friendly and they're great. The location is convenient to grocery stores and shopping centers, and it has a beautiful view of the ocean. The rooms are very nice and large. There's a nice balcony in each room if you want to go outside, sit in the sun, and look at the ocean.

Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows. Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

Independent Living Reviews for The Park Lane

April 26, 2020

By ck2020

The Park Lane staff is incredibly friendly, welcoming, professional and caring toward residents and their families/visitors. They are always there to offer a helping hand no matter what the issue is, and they do it with kindness and empathy, and patience. Park Lane offers a wide range of activities to keep our mom busy and allow her to learn new activities like knitting which she never explored before Park Lane. The campus is peaceful surrounded by nature --with a lot of trees, views of the Pacific ocean and landscaped paths and plant life. Convenience is part of daily life there -- you can schedule transportation to doctors appointments and hop on shuttles to various spots around the Peninsula for regular shopping or field trips. As my mother carefully and gradually weighed her decision about this next chapter in life, the staff was extremely patient and supportive regarding all of our detailed questions. Thank you for everything!

Hello, thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear this; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put resident experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words, we hope that you chose us! Please feel free to reach out to us with any and all questions, we are here to serve you all.

By Nick Hough

Lots of activities, beautiful rooms, great views and lovely grounds to walk.

Nick, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience. We strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience at The Park Lane. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

By Frank M.

The staff here is very friendly and helpful, and my mother loves the facilities. She enjoys a nice one bedroom apartment with a balcony so she can have her plants. She is also able to have her cat with her. She is happy and says often how much she enjoys living here and the peace and security she feels.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

By AlGeee

Marissa and the entire Park Lane team provided my mother and me exceptional, informative and professional service in helping make my mother's transition to this community a reality. Thanks for all the help!

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at The Park Lane. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

April 19, 2020

By JCQuan

The Park Lane services include nutritious meals and a variety of activities including scenic drives and daily entertainment. The staff are caring and are always accommodating. They are responsive to all the residents’ needs. The rooms are updated with new appliances and the bathrooms are spacious.

Hello, thank you for your positive review! We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

April 18, 2020

By DinSanFrancisco

My 85 year old mother moved to The Park Lane, Independent Living section in Dec 2019. Having lived all her life in the Monterey area, we had been visiting Senior communities over a 5 year period and she decided it was time to stop living alone and she chose The Park Lane. Over those years the staff at the Park Lane have always been helpful and pleasant. The Park Lane is in a lovely area of Monterey. Over the last few years they have done a fantastic remodel job so when my mom moved in to her studio apartment (with a patio) and cable included, as difficult as it was for her to move from her home and garden, the apartment afforded her the ability to continue with her key areas of interest. The staff has been very helpful in assisting her in getting set-up in the new apartment and engaged in activities. It has been 4 months now and my mom is developing a routine and navigating the facilities and relationships with the other tenants. The Park Lane offers a lot of activities if one wants to partake and provides shuttle service to doctors appointments and arranges outings. During the Covid-19 stay at home order, the staff has gone above and beyond - doing shopping and errands for their tenents and bringing food to their apartments. The Park Lane is a community and it can be hard for some to enter and feel part a community if they have lived alone for a long time. The staff understands that for some the move is a hard one - the sense of giving in to old age and independence - the staff seems to understand this and they help as much as they can - but its a partnership. I am so thankful that my mom is at The Park Lane - I feel secure that she is safe and being cared for, food is being provided and there are activities within the community yet she can be as independent as she wants. My mother would agree that the staff is very helpful and facilities are great. Most of my moms grumbling is not about the Park Lane, its more about how she would like to move back home to what is familair and her garden. But not driving any longer, slowing down in her movements and becoming more frail, finding it diffacult to cook, and having the loss of memory that sometimes come with old age, she agrees it is probablly better she stay where she is. She does have two complaints; 1. She does wish the stove and oven in her apartment was electric (she is not used to a gas stove - so me and my sister had it turned off for safety reasons). She misses occasionally making beans and cornbread, bacon and eggs and sometimes cookies, and 2. She wishs the there were more variety in the food, e.g. tacos, steak, chinese, stir fry, stews, etc. If I can get her to accept occasional meal delivery, I think I could help address at least one of the items above, but we are not there yet. I give The Park Land a big 5 Star overall. Happiness and enjoying all they have to offer is up to the individual. A son.

Hi, we appreciate your detailed and honest review. We put resident experience and 100% satisfaction as our top priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. We are always trying to improve and appreciate your honest feedback. We hear you and want to let you know that we have shared with upper management, the kitchen staff and corporate office. Please know that you can always share your compliments and criticisms with us, we are here to serve your family and mother. Thank you again.

November 26, 2019

By Dianne Busse

Seems there are many different options for living there. I like the upper floors of the tower because I can see the ocean!!--fantastic!! That is my dream--hope an appropriate unit becomes available before I can move in!!! I so like the larger one-bedroom accommodations available. I am so grateful Cindy showed these options to me. Sure hope a one-bedroom larger unit can become available (with the view to the ocean) for me!!! I await that possibility. I am counting on Cindy to help me obtain one of these larger one-bedroom units.

Hi Dianne, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at The Park Lane. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

November 23, 2019

By KJoy

Other

My 90+ father had a hospital stay recently and is now using a walker. My 85+ mother is not mobile. Do you know The Park Lane do not deliver packages to them if the delivery company leaves them at the desk?????? This is an elderly residential community, how is that possible?? They pay $5,000+ per month and they cannot deliver packages left for them. I am just sick. I am working with the delivery company to inquire why they deliver to the front desk and not their apartment knowing the facility caters to the elderly.

Hi Kjoy, we can assure you that we do not find this type of behavior acceptable, and we would like to address the situation you have described. If you are willing to give us another chance, please contact us so we can understand your situation better in order to try and turn your experience around. Thank you, The Park Lane

November 13, 2019

By JeanB941

Cynthia Duvall, the Community Relations Director who gave us a tour of this independent living facility, was welcoming and knowledgeable - both important qualities as you try to make decisions that so strongly affect your decision making! Park Lane was lovely, up to date, and surrounded by a beautiful environment of mountains and trees. They offer a great Fitness room, a terrific indoor pool, a card room with a pool table. We had a delicious lunch while Cynthia answered my daughter and my questions. The food was delicious and the staff seemed very friendly! Thank you for the tour, Cynthia! 👍😄

Thank you Jean, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at The Park Lane. We will pass along your kind words to Cynthia and our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

October 10, 2019

By Gerald

Very pleased with the entire environment at the Park Lane. Everyone is very nice and caring. The residents and staff made me feel very welcome. Cynthia, Marissa, and Sanjay are wonderful!

Hi Gerald, we are very grateful that you shared your positive review here. Thank you again for all your kind words, we will share with our teams. We hope you have a wonderful day and hope to see you soon.

September 10, 2019

By Texas Folks

Key words may say it all: very friendly staff and residents, beautiful and quiet grounds in woods, well thought out design of units (especially the walk in showers in the renovated ones), excellent food service and menu choices, and the best location for mild weather. We had an extraordinary access to a delightful couple to explore what it feels like to be a resident of Park Lane. The PL Manager filled in the details, but the hour meeting with residents, and viewing their apartment, was key to our high rating. Activities at PL, for us at this time, were a bit limited, but we know in 3-5 years it may be perfect. On site access to medical personnel was an key benefit at the facility. Glad to see current work on adding a large spa... water does wonders to for our aging bone Surgery!

Hello! We are thrilled to see your positive review and thank you for sharing. We have many activities and would love to have you join us! Thank you for your consideration and we hope to see you here again soon!

August 04, 2019

By Doris Uyeda

I have a very nice room with ample space on the first floor the Tower. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I enjoy the exercise classes, games, lunch outings and other activities. The residents are also very friendly and enjoyable. We are served very appetizing meals.

Hi Doris, thank you for your positive review and consideration of our community. We are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at The Park Lane. If you have any additional questions or comments, please let us know! Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

July 25, 2019

By Kathleen

Excellent! Delicious lunch. Great tour and presentation. You have a great property and a lot to offer.

Kathleen, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us. We're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

March 30, 2019

By Ann A.

Marissa was quick to respond to our initial inquiry. Answered all our questions during the tour. The community is very nice and we hope my parents will want to move there.

Ann A., thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again. If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

October 12, 2018

By TPFMD

My points of interest were: - general environmental decor & cleanliness - knowledge & attitude of the staff - quality & availability of meals - Internet & TV access & quality - laundry facilities - cost - additional amenities & activities

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at The Park Lane. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

April 02, 2018

By Reviewer

The Park Lane had a good reputation for a long time. The food is pretty good, the service has been excellent, the people are friendly, and they have walk-in showers. The area is very beautiful, and I really have no complaints at this time. They allow pets.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review. We appreciate it.

March 30, 2018

By Lisa

I like that The Park Lane has chalets and that would be something that I would be interested in. They have nice apartments, but I don't want to be in the main building. The chalets have two bedrooms and they are spacious and wonderful, but they are separated from the main house, which means you have to walk over there if you go for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It's not very far, but when it rains, that is to be considered. The staff was very courteous and nice. It's not near a street and I like their dining room the best. It's more spacious, open, and you look more into greenery and the garden. It just did not have a nursing facility.

Lisa, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

Memory Care Reviews for The Park Lane

Questions about The Park Lane

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our Legacies personnel receive on-going training on how to manage the quality of life of those afflicted with cognitive impairments.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Park Lane. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The overall population of assisted living residents at The Park Lane are vibrant, accomplished folks with discerning tastes. The average age of our assisted living population is 84 which includes an unusually high 100+ club membership. Many enjoy the multitude of live musical entertainment events while some prefer more intimate engagement with purpose, such as participation in volunteer programs to assist the homeless. Of course, gardening is always a fan favorite.

What programs or activities does The Park Lane offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Staying aligned with the age-old adage that you either “use it or lose it”, The Park Lane has thoughtfully created activities that nurture the mind-body connection. Tai-chi, weekly exercise courses and our highly-attended educational seminars on health and beyond are some examples.

What places are near The Park Lane or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

While The Park Lane boasts breath-taking views of the Monterey Bay, we are nestled peacefully in the Del Monte forest. On 13 acres of flat land, residents are always taking in the fresh air and strolling among the deer and wild turkeys on the inviting lush grounds.

What transportation services does The Park Lane offer to assisted living residents?

The Park Lane is pleased to offer transportation services 7 days a week, personalized and group trips to meet the needs of our residents.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Park Lane exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

While many of the amenities of The Park Lane are top-notch, we are most renowned for our culinary offerings. Our Chef of over 30 years is an icon. Many residents report moving to The Park Lane just for his food. Our menu is extensive and everything is delicious.

What safety features or security measures does The Park Lane offer to assisted living residents?

The Park Lane’s main focus is maintaining or improving the quality of life of our residents. To this end, safety and security is priority one. Residents have access to an internal emergency-call system that alerts staff when a resident is in distress. Our care personnel are highly trained to respond swiftly and assist appropriately. Our building features many security protocols and surveillance.

How does The Park Lane keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

The Park Lane has adopted the “systems” approach to caring for our seniors. All members of the system, especially families, are part of all decision-making events and are continually appraised of the condition of their loved ones. Communication is our specialty.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Park Lane during daytime and nighttime hours?

While we can appreciate the traditional method of “ratio” staffing, we instead measure “acuity” in calculating staffing needs. A sophisticated assessment tool allows for a quantifiable value to project the amount of staffing required to serve our residents care needs.

If The Park Lane accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Because we understand the deep connection and therapeutic value of pets, The Park Lane welcomes well-behaved dogs and cats openly. With our 13 acres of flat land, pets have ample space for exercise.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

The Park Lane is proud to be partnered with an industry-leader in training who develops and makes accessible the highest quality training tailored to our population.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Park Lane. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The overall population of independent living residents at The Park Lane are vibrant, accomplished folks with discerning tastes. The average age of our population is 84 which includes an unusually high 100+ club membership. Our independent living residents have an eclectic array of talents and desires. Many enjoy the three happy hours a week while others are content to enjoy the Fitness Center after reading the paper in our seventh floor Vista Lounge overlooking the Monterey Bay.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The entire Monterey Peninsula has more activities for seniors to enjoy than there are days of the year. With the local art scene in Carmel, the golf at Pebble Beach, the world famous aquarium in Monterey and the dining in Pacific Grove, retirement doesn’t get any better.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Park Lane has organized?

With multiple group outings a month, the residents of the Park Lane are never at a loss for things to do. Having a large bus and a Van at our disposal, there’s always room for one more on our wide variety of excursions. But of course, the ATT pebble beach and the Concourse d’Elegance car show, are fan favorites.

What transportation services does The Park Lane offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at The Park Lane exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Built in a time where designers were far more generous with space than with today’s architecture, the Park Lane has virtually infinite space to enjoy. Our tower building has a library, fitness center, full-service salon, billiards room, craft room, resident-operated general store, spa, internet lounge, bar, top-floor vista lounge, conference rooms and more.

What safety features or security measures does The Park Lane offer to independent living residents?

Because we understand the deep connection and therapeutic value of pets, The Park Lane welcomes dogs and cats openly. With our 13 acres of flat land, pets have ample space for exercise.

Does The Park Lane work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

While The Park Lane offers licensed assisted living along with memory care on-site, we partner with several local agencies to give our Independent Living residents freedom of choice for any care needs.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does The Park Lane provide to protect residents who wander?

The Park Lane offers a fully secured neighborhood for those who have a tendency to explore.

What programs or activities does The Park Lane offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

The Park Lane is always on the cutting edge of offering the latest activities to stimulate nourishing neurochemistry through a sophisticated process of development.

Our on-staff nurse performs our comprehensive geriatric assessment to determine not only the best fit, but the detailed personalized care plans. As fluctuation is a fact of the process of cognitive decline, the assessments are repeated upon observation of changes in condition, which is fairly routine.

What techniques does The Park Lane use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Mealtimes are one of the most important, if not the most important, times of day. Nourishment and socialization are keys to being happy and healthy at any age and functionality. To this end, from the culinary stand point, we offer the same delicious options that any of our other residents enjoy. Our inviting dining space rivals a fine dining establishment and was purposefully created to entice and encourage our residents to comfortably stay for the entire meal

How does The Park Lane keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Park Lane has adopted the “systems” approach to caring for our seniors. All members of the system, especially families, are part of all decision-making events and are continually appraised of the condition of their loved ones. For our Legacies program, we have a monthly “Family Night”. Communication is our specialty.

Describe the neighborhood around The Park Lane. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The Park Lane is perched at the top of a peak nestled in the Del Monte forest. It is both picturesque and peaceful. The local neighborhood is incredibly safe and most of our immediate neighbors have antlers or feathers.

Is The Park Lane affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

The Park Lane is partnered with CHOMP (Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula).

Costs for The Park Lane

Photos of The Park Lane

Services and Amenities of The Park Lane

• Housing Extra: Chalets

• Pets: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About The Park Lane

At The Park Lane, your days belong entirely to you. Spend time exploring the many Monterey Peninsula attractions such as Fisherman's Wharf and Cannery Row, the scenic Seventeen Mile Drive, Carmel art galleries or the vineyards of Carmel Valley. Enjoy golf at some of the most prestigious and challenging courses in the world, including the world famous Pebble Beach, less than ten miles away. Take up fitness programs like yoga and tai chi or learn how to watercolor. Curl up with a bestseller in the library or email the grandkids from the Internet lounge. However you choose to spend your time, there is never a shortage of opportunities to enrich your life.

Plus, with a comprehensive menu of licensed assisted living and memory care programs available on-site, you'll enjoy peace of mind knowing that should your needs change, your address doesn't have to.

RCFE License #275294322

The Park Lane provides Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care where we offer a variety of lifestyle options to meet the needs of our seniors as they age in place. We offer three mails daily, medication management, weekly personal and flat linen laundry services and daily activities with 24 hour staff to assist with the needs of our residents. Our memory care is a secure residential environment in which we provide personalized attention in a creative and adaptive environment.

Map of The Park Lane