The Park Lane

The Park Lane (844) 325-8230

Reviews of The Park Lane

Assisted Living Reviews for The Park Lane

October 30, 2015

The Park Lane was perfectly fine, and probably the best of the lot. It was not a great place, but the facility itself seemed excellent. The food was average to above average. It’s also expensive.
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review.

September 26, 2015

By Linell

The Park Lane was definitely more on the high end. It's in a very secluded area in Monterey in the midst of the pines. It's fancier, but not horribly expensive. You can live outside or inside the high rise building. But if you do go into assisted living, you do have to move to a different area. They have tremendous flexibility for their dining facility. They are open 12 hours a day and you can go eat anytime which is very nice. They have a vehicle and there are more services available at Park Lane than the other one we visited. There are physicians that would come, even hairdressers, and there's an area where different services are provided in the main building. I know several people who have love ones that are living there and they've been impressed. They said that the food was very good. The staff was very good too. I've been there twice and I saw the same person and she remembered me. They were very understanding and very sensitive. They followed up but they didn't pester me.

February 12, 2015

By Rae3

The Park Lane has memory care division which is what I needed for my mother. I chose this facility because it is close to my house, the food is very good, and the care is very good too. The rooms are very nice. There isn't a kitchenette because it is a memory care place, and they are not allowed to have the kitchenette or sink. There are three meals a day plus snacks. I'm very happy with this facility. Plus it is less expensive than the one we were in. They have live music and art classes. They go for walks everyday. My mom walks everyday, which is really great. They go on bus rides, like scenic drives. There are just all kinds of activities. My mom is so happy there, and she wasn't happy at the other place.

February 10, 2015

The Park Lane is like a hotel, and it is nice. I checked a comparative price on it, and I found it to be in line. In fact it was even less than the other facility I visited. The Park Lane is situated in an area in Monterey that you really couldn't just get out and walk. You have to get in a van or a taxi to get around because it is a bit remote being up on a hill. The people working there are very nice and very professional. Separated from the facility is what they call The Villas at the back which I found to be more amenable for me. Some of the units have you enter just from the ground level. That would be a nice place if you have a pet. The food was fine; it wasn't exceptional, but I wouldn't say anything negative about it.

January 17, 2015

By anonymous100440350

The Park Lane was very clean and comfortable. They were close to a lot of shopping areas. They had a lot of activities to offer. They had little casinos built inside, and I liked it. The staff and residents were very happy and friendly. It was very nice. I have tried the food, and it was good.

November 05, 2014

The Park Lane has poor service and inadequate staffing. The rooms are dated and improperly kept. They had poor housekeeping. I saw the food and I was not impressed. The security of the place is average.

August 06, 2014

By Holy Smoke

The physical plant itself is very nice. The interior reminds one of a better class hotel. The food is quite good and I enjoyed the food there. Selections are very good especially for dinner. Some residents there have been known to dress for dinner. There is a spa and and exercise room and there is entertainment throughout the week and other activities to keep one from getting bored. From that standpoint The Park Lane is quite a nice place to be if one does not need a certain level of care. Basic cleaning and laundering are provided as are entertainment rides. And allow me to tell you something else. Their memory care or assisted living areas are not what one would think it to be. I had a friend who was living there. When the friend's condition changed a bit, my friend was dumped simply because they did not have the people needed to provide the right kind of care. That was very sad as this friend had to be placed in another facility though adequate, is hardly as nice as The Park Lane. So beware. The place is pricey though not as pricey as some others in the general area. The place deep down is not quite the place that it appears to be.

May 11, 2013

By Hasine

I checked out The Park Lane because it was just five minutes from my son's house. I liked the facility because it was very clean and neat. The price was just right for a two-bedroom apartment. The staff were cordial and friendly. There were also many activities. The food was very good and they had a chef who prepared the menu each day.

April 24, 2013

We were quite happy with our stay at The Park Lane. We picked it among others because it was in a nice area. It was landscaped and there was a good view. The price was also lower compared to other places. My wife and I lived in an apartment which was on the second floor of the building. We had a bigger space compared to the other residents who were in rooms only. Everything was quite upscale. I liked the food, They had different menus and I was quite pleased with it. It was not buffet styled. We just sat down and they served us the food. There were musicians a couple of nights a week. There were also trips and other activities. We did any activity if we wanted to. It would be nice if the physical set-up was improved or remodeled for a modern look.

April 17, 2012

By Sheba1

My mother chose this facility. This is both an independent living and assisted living facility. Its a beautiful facility. The rooms are very nice. Its centrally located, they've got a van to take people around, a doctor who visits in, a beauty salon and a lot of activities. its very good. There's even a place where families can stay for the night but with an extra charge. They are now in the process of converting a floor to an Alzheimer's wing/floor.

Independent Living Reviews for The Park Lane

Questions about The Park Lane

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our Legacies personnel receive on-going training on how to manage the quality of life of those afflicted with cognitive impairments.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Park Lane. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The overall population of assisted living residents at The Park Lane are vibrant, accomplished folks with discerning tastes. The average age of our assisted living population is 84 which includes an unusually high 100+ club membership. Many enjoy the multitude of live musical entertainment events while some prefer more intimate engagement with purpose, such as participation in volunteer programs to assist the homeless. Of course, gardening is always a fan favorite.

What programs or activities does The Park Lane offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Staying aligned with the age-old adage that you either “use it or lose it”, The Park Lane has thoughtfully created activities that nurture the mind-body connection. Tai-chi, weekly exercise courses and our highly-attended educational seminars on health and beyond are some examples.

What places are near The Park Lane or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

While The Park Lane boasts breath-taking views of the Monterey Bay, we are nestled peacefully in the Del Monte forest. On 13 acres of flat land, residents are always taking in the fresh air and strolling among the deer and wild turkeys on the inviting lush grounds.

What transportation services does The Park Lane offer to assisted living residents?

The Park Lane is pleased to offer transportation services 7 days a week, personalized and group trips to meet the needs of our residents.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Park Lane exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

While many of the amenities of The Park Lane are top-notch, we are most renowned for our culinary offerings. Our Chef of over 30 years is an icon. Many residents report moving to The Park Lane just for his food. Our menu is extensive and everything is delicious.

What safety features or security measures does The Park Lane offer to assisted living residents?

The Park Lane’s main focus is maintaining or improving the quality of life of our residents. To this end, safety and security is priority one. Residents have access to an internal emergency-call system that alerts staff when a resident is in distress. Our care personnel are highly trained to respond swiftly and assist appropriately. Our building features many security protocols and surveillance.

How does The Park Lane keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

The Park Lane has adopted the “systems” approach to caring for our seniors. All members of the system, especially families, are part of all decision-making events and are continually appraised of the condition of their loved ones. Communication is our specialty.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Park Lane during daytime and nighttime hours?

While we can appreciate the traditional method of “ratio” staffing, we instead measure “acuity” in calculating staffing needs. A sophisticated assessment tool allows for a quantifiable value to project the amount of staffing required to serve our residents care needs.

If The Park Lane accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Because we understand the deep connection and therapeutic value of pets, The Park Lane welcomes well-behaved dogs and cats openly. With our 13 acres of flat land, pets have ample space for exercise.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

The Park Lane is proud to be partnered with an industry-leader in training who develops and makes accessible the highest quality training tailored to our population.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Park Lane. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The overall population of independent living residents at The Park Lane are vibrant, accomplished folks with discerning tastes. The average age of our population is 84 which includes an unusually high 100+ club membership. Our independent living residents have an eclectic array of talents and desires. Many enjoy the three happy hours a week while others are content to enjoy the Fitness Center after reading the paper in our seventh floor Vista Lounge overlooking the Monterey Bay.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The entire Monterey Peninsula has more activities for seniors to enjoy than there are days of the year. With the local art scene in Carmel, the golf at Pebble Beach, the world famous aquarium in Monterey and the dining in Pacific Grove, retirement doesn’t get any better.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Park Lane has organized?

With multiple group outings a month, the residents of the Park Lane are never at a loss for things to do. Having a large bus and a Van at our disposal, there’s always room for one more on our wide variety of excursions. But of course, the ATT pebble beach and the Concourse d’Elegance car show, are fan favorites.

What transportation services does The Park Lane offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at The Park Lane exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Built in a time where designers were far more generous with space than with today’s architecture, the Park Lane has virtually infinite space to enjoy. Our tower building has a library, fitness center, full-service salon, billiards room, craft room, resident-operated general store, spa, internet lounge, bar, top-floor vista lounge, conference rooms and more.

What safety features or security measures does The Park Lane offer to independent living residents?

Because we understand the deep connection and therapeutic value of pets, The Park Lane welcomes dogs and cats openly. With our 13 acres of flat land, pets have ample space for exercise.

Does The Park Lane work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

While The Park Lane offers licensed assisted living along with memory care on-site, we partner with several local agencies to give our Independent Living residents freedom of choice for any care needs.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does The Park Lane provide to protect residents who wander?

The Park Lane offers a fully secured neighborhood for those who have a tendency to explore.

What programs or activities does The Park Lane offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

The Park Lane is always on the cutting edge of offering the latest activities to stimulate nourishing neurochemistry through a sophisticated process of development.

Our on-staff nurse performs our comprehensive geriatric assessment to determine not only the best fit, but the detailed personalized care plans. As fluctuation is a fact of the process of cognitive decline, the assessments are repeated upon observation of changes in condition, which is fairly routine.

What techniques does The Park Lane use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Mealtimes are one of the most important, if not the most important, times of day. Nourishment and socialization are keys to being happy and healthy at any age and functionality. To this end, from the culinary stand point, we offer the same delicious options that any of our other residents enjoy. Our inviting dining space rivals a fine dining establishment and was purposefully created to entice and encourage our residents to comfortably stay for the entire meal

How does The Park Lane keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Park Lane has adopted the “systems” approach to caring for our seniors. All members of the system, especially families, are part of all decision-making events and are continually appraised of the condition of their loved ones. For our Legacies program, we have a monthly “Family Night”. Communication is our specialty.

Describe the neighborhood around The Park Lane. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The Park Lane is perched at the top of a peak nestled in the Del Monte forest. It is both picturesque and peaceful. The local neighborhood is incredibly safe and most of our immediate neighbors have antlers or feathers.

Is The Park Lane affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

The Park Lane is partnered with CHOMP (Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula).

Costs for The Park Lane

Photos of The Park Lane

Services and Amenities of The Park Lane

• Housing Extra: Chalets

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About The Park Lane

At The Park Lane, your days belong entirely to you. Spend time exploring the many Monterey Peninsula attractions such as Fisherman's Wharf and Cannery Row, the scenic Seventeen Mile Drive, Carmel art galleries or the vineyards of Carmel Valley. Enjoy golf at some of the most prestigious and challenging courses in the world, including the world famous Pebble Beach, less than ten miles away. Take up fitness programs like yoga and tai chi or learn how to watercolor. Curl up with a bestseller in the library or email the grandkids from the Internet lounge. However you choose to spend your time, there is never a shortage of opportunities to enrich your life.

Plus, with a comprehensive menu of licensed assisted living and memory care programs available on-site, you'll enjoy peace of mind knowing that should your needs change, your address doesn't have to.

RCFE License #275294322

The Park Lane provides Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care where we offer a variety of lifestyle options to meet the needs of our seniors as they age in place. We offer three mails daily, medication management, weekly personal and flat linen laundry services and daily activities with 24 hour staff to assist with the needs of our residents. Our memory care is a secure residential environment in which we provide personalized attention in a creative and adaptive environment.

Map of The Park Lane