17 Assisted Living Facilities
17 Assisted Living Facilities
The average cost of assisted living in
than the national median of
To help you with your search, browse the
assisted living facilities
On average, consumers rate assisted living in Salinas
out of 5 stars.
Better rated regions include
with an average rating of
out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Salinas find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about
assisted living options and costs in
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Salinas area, with 6 in Salinas and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Salinas is $3,881 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,345.
To help you with your search, browse the 79 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Salinas. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Salinas 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Marina with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Salinas find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Salinas, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Salinas, CA
Promotion ends in 33 days!
Spring Promotion: Moving Made Easy. For new residents: $500 Off the Community Fee, 1/2 Off First ... (more)
11 Assisted Living Facilities near Salinas, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Salinas
Review of Madonna Gardens
My mother-in-law is doing well in Madonna Gardens considering, and I'm very pleased. Everything that we saw and observed was very positive. We had Thanksgiving there with her, and the food was love... Read more
Review of Sunrise Villa Salinas
Sunrise Villa Salinas is gorgeous when you first enter the assisted living, but when I got to the memory care, I didnt like it at all. It was not up to par for me. The visit was nice and the lady ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Salinas
My father resides in Brookdale Salinas. It has been good. He has dementia, so he couldnt give us any input; however, our input is that the care has been very good. The staff is excellent. They're ... Read more
Assisted Living near Monterey County, CA
More Options Near Salinas, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Salinas
The county seat of Monterey County, Salinas is an urban town 10 miles from the Salinas River and 8 miles from the Pacific Ocean. It has long been known as "The Salad Bowl of the World" for it's prolific agriculture production. Flowers, vineyards, and over 100 manufacturing firms also contribute to Salina's economy.
Seniors interested in living in Salinas will find six local residential care facilities (RCFs) here and 23 nearby. Each facility is closely monitored by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Salinas
- On the cost of living index, Salinas rates 135, compared to California's rate of 152 and the national average of 100. While Salinas is less expensive than many other places in California, it is still more expensive than most of the U.S. which may affect seniors on a budget.
- Locals in the city of Salinas enjoy moderate weather conditions year-round, with an average temperature around 57 degrees. There is only a 12-degree Fahrenheit temperature difference between the coldest month, January, and the hottest, September, for a cozy senior living experience.
- Salina has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Alliance on Aging, a nonprofit organization that provides benefits checkup, Medicare Counseling & Education (HICAP), Tax Counseling, RCF Information & Advocacy and senior peer counseling.
- The city of Salina has many arts and culture activities to enjoy. Most RCFs in the area work with the city to set up transportation to events, including the Firehouse Recreation Center & Senior Program, annual Rodeo, Monterey Museum of Art or the Salinas Valley Food and Wine Festival.
- Compared to other California cities, Salinas has an 87 percent higher crime rate. Both crime and property rates are over 50 percent higher than the national average. Seniors may want to take safety precautions when traveling around the city.
- The Salinas area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System, Natividad, Stanford Hospital & Clinics, Salinas Urgent Care, Salinas Surgery Center, Katherine Healthcare Center, Salinas Valley Imaging Center, County of Monterey hospital, Clinica de Salud del Valle de Salinas and Wisdom Centers Adult Day Care.
Paying for Assisted Living in Salinas
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Salinas start around $3,881 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Salinas and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Salinas
Eligible seniors can find financial assistance services in Salinas through both the Medicaid 1915(c) Assisted Living Waiver Program, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and the optional state supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Salinas
Salinas and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Salinas
Salinas-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.