20 Assisted Living Facilities near Corte Madera, CA
There are 20 Assisted Living Facilities in the Corte Madera area, with 2 in Corte Madera and 18 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 63 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Corte Madera. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Corte Madera 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pinole with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Corte Madera, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Corte Madera, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Corte Madera
Corte Madera is a very small hamlet tucked into a corner of the Marin Headlands, overlooking the San Francisco Bay Area, within walking distance of both San Quentin and the Golden Gate Bridge. A little over 9,800 people live in Corte Madera, 17.5 percent of them seniors age 65 and over.
At least 19 assisted living facilities operate in and around Corte Madera for local seniors. All assisted living facilities in town, like residential care facilities across the state, are licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Corte Madera
- The weather in Corte Madera is warmer and more variable than in nearby San Francisco. Summer highs on the leeward side of the Coastal Range average 81 degrees, while winter lows average a steady 42. The relatively warm ocean nearby sends 35 inches of rain inland a year, which can trigger the surrounding headlands to blossom and raise the allergy count, which may be an issue for some seniors with asthma.
- The cost of living in Corte Madera can be quite high. This part of the Bay has a median home cost of over $1.3 million, and the cost of living across all categories of expenses averages three times the national rate. Healthcare is much less expensive in Corte Madera, where seniors pay an average of 8 percent less for hospital and practitioner care than the national average.
- Crime rates in Corte Madera are less than one-third the national figures across all categories reported. Violent crime is even less common than property crimes, such as theft.
- Marin Transit provides much of the public transportation in Corte Madera. Discount fares are available for seniors and riders with mobility issues, and dial-a-ride service may be available with same-day booking. Seniors who would like to travel elsewhere in the Bay Area can do so on the buses and trains operated by Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART), which connects all of the communities in the region, from San Jose in the south to Solano County in the north.
- The Corte Madera area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Marin General Hospital and Kentfield Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Corte Madera is part of Marin County, which is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Corte Madera
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Corte Madera start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Corte Madera and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Corte Madera
Seniors in Corte Madera who need help covering some or all of the cost of assisted living may be able to sign up for Medi-Cal, California's state-run Medicaid program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Corte Madera
Corte Madera and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Corte Madera, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Corte Madera
Corte Madera-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Corte Madera, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Corte Madera
Review of Aegis of Corte Madera
I went to a place called Aegis of Corte Madera. It was very attractive and spacious. There were lots of lights. The rooms were very nice. There were singles and doubles. Everything looked very nice... Read more
Review of Aegis of Corte Madera
We chose Aegis of Corte Madera for my mother because it was to my mother’s liking. It was a beautiful place and close to where we live. They offer lots of activities, like movies, lectures, games, ... Read more
Review of Aegis of Corte Madera
I would love to be in Aegis of Corte Madera, but it's like wanting a Cadillac you can't afford. I had a delicious lunch there. It's gorgeous. The dining room, the food, and everything I saw was ver... Read more