57 Assisted Living Facilities near La Jolla, CA
There are 57 Assisted Living Facilities in the La Jolla area, with 9 in La Jolla and 48 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in La Jolla is $5,857 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,650.
To help you with your search, browse the 167 reviews below for assisted living facilities in La Jolla. On average, consumers rate assisted living in La Jolla 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include San Diego with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in La Jolla, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in La Jolla, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in La Jolla
Bordered by beaches on three sides, La Jolla is a thriving coastal community and neighborhood of San Diego. It has a population of close to 50,000, with around 4,000 residents who are 65 or older. La Jolla may draw retirees in with its beautiful scenery, temperate climate, low crime and easy access to all the amenities of San Diego.
For seniors who are transitioning into assisted living, there are 54 facilities available in or near La Jolla. The California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division, licenses them as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in La Jolla
- When touring an assisted living facility, seniors may want to find out what kinds of outings are available for residents. There are countless possible destinations in the La Jolla area, including restaurants, shops and golden beaches, where seniors can dine, browse, stroll or simply soak in the sun. Other attractions in the area include the Birch Aquarium at Scripps and the Salk Institute.
- Seniors who dream of retiring to a sunshiny locale may find what they are looking for in La Jolla. Each year, sun drenches the neighborhood an average of 263 days. Compared to the rest of the country, La Jolla also enjoys more days with comfortable temperatures in the 70s.
- San Diego County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- La Jolla has an array of community resources for seniors, including Aging and Independent Services, an organization that provides information and services to older adults, as well as one senior center.
- The La Jolla area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla and the Jacobs Medical Center at UC San Diego Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- As in many other parts of California, the air quality in La Jolla has room for improvement. As a whole, San Diego County receives a mixed report card for pollutants from the American Lung Association.
Paying for Assisted Living in La Jolla
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in La Jolla start around $5,857 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in La Jolla and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in La Jolla
Eligible seniors in La Jolla can apply for California’s Assisted Living Waiver Program, which helps cover the costs of assisted living. Financial assistance is also possible for seniors with Supplemental Security Income (SSI) through California's Optional State Supplement program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in La Jolla
La Jolla and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in La Jolla, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in La Jolla
La Jolla-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near La Jolla, CA
Other Options in La Jolla, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in La Jolla
Review of Casa de Manana
Casa de Mañana Retirement Community is nicely converted, but it's old. We had lunch there when we visited. It's right by the sea, which is beautiful. But for the amount of money that you're paying,... Read more
Review of The Seasons at La Jolla
At The Seasons at La Jolla, I was really impressed with the fellow who runs it. You could just tell it was his passion. The Seasons at La Jolla was a small place, but it was great. The visit was gr... Read more
Review of The Seasons at La Jolla
The environment at Seasons At La Jolla was nice. The facility seems clean. The stafff is nice. They seem professional, friendly, and very welcoming. The whole facility is well-maintained. Read more