Find Assisted Living Near You
Top Cities for Assisted Living Facilities
- Albuquerque, NM
- Atlanta, GA
- Austin, TX
- Baltimore, MD
- Bradenton, FL
- Charlotte, NC
- Chicago, IL
- Cincinnati, OH
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Dallas, TX
- Denver, CO
- Fort Worth, TX
- Fresno, CA
- Houston, TX
- Indianapolis, IN
- Jacksonville, FL
- Knoxville, TN
- Las Vegas, NV
- Los Angeles, CA
- Louisville, KY
- Marietta, GA
Assisted Living by State
- District of Columbia
Caring.com Student-Caregiver Scholarship
Are you caring for an adult relative while enrolled in a U.S. college or university? When you're living with your aging loved one, managing their finances because they no longer can, taking them to doctors appointments -- we know that caregiving can be both difficult and rewarding. As America’s leading senior care resource for family caregivers, we know that juggling the responsibilities of caregiving and student life is a unique challenge.
Caring.com is offering two $1,500 scholarships to two students attending an accredited U.S. college or university and caring for a loved one.
How to Apply
We're looking for a 1500-word essay or 2-minute video addressing the following questions:
- Who are you caring for and how are you involved as their caregiver?
- How has your role as a caregiver influenced the decision for your major/career path?
- How would this scholarship be helpful to you in your current student-caregiving role?
To apply, first review the Scholarship Agreement for eligibility guidelines. Then submit your story via the Application Form by 11:59PM PDT on June 30, 2018. Judging will be based on submission quality and adherence to application guidelines.
Previous Caring Scholars
- Venus Tadrzak -- a student at Cleveland State University who is majoring in accounting and caring for her mother (Summer 2017)
- Hunter Johnson -- a student at Clemson University who is majoring in health science and caring for her brother (Summer 2017)
- Tommy Tran -- a student at the University of Houston who is studying biotechnology and is caring for his father (Fall 2016)
- Jessica Jacob -- a student at Adelphi University who is pursuing a nursing degree and caring for her mother (Fall 2016)
- DreAnna Perry -- a student at Brigham Young University who is studying exercise physiology and is caring for her mother (Fall 2016)
Have questions about Caring.com's Student-Caregiver scholarship? Write to us at email@example.com.