22 Assisted Living Facilities near Tulsa, OK
With an average cost of $3,544 in Tulsa, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 182 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 21 facilities in Tulsa.
21 Assisted Living Facilities in Tulsa, OK
1 Assisted Living Facility near Tulsa, OK
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tulsa
Tulsa, Oklahoma, is located in an area known as "Green Country" due to its robust vegetation and many lakes and hills. The area is also home to more than 48,000 seniors, some of who may benefit from living in an assisted care facility. To support those seniors, Tulsa has 21 assisted living facilities located within city limits.
Assisted living centers and Residential Care Homes (RCHs) in Tulsa and the rest of Oklahoma are overseen by the Long-Term Care Services Division of The Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tulsa
- Oklahoma is tax-friendly towards seniors. While retirement savings account income and pensions are partially tax, no taxes are levied on Social Security benefits. This might be good news to Tulsa seniors who rely on these types of income.
- Tulsa Transit provides bus service to most of the city. Seniors and those on Medicaid are eligible for reduced fares, which can be purchased individually or in 7- or 31-day unlimited ride packages.
- The cost of living in Tulsa is 89.6, considerably lower than the national average of 100. Groceries also rank lower than the average, but seniors can expect to pay more for healthcare and transportation, which both rank higher than the average.
- The Tulsa area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Hillcrest Hospital South and Saint Francis Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Tulsa has a violent crime rating of 48.3 and a property crime rating of 74.3, both significantly higher than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively. Despite the high crime rates in the area, seniors living in assisted living facilities are kept safe due to security systems, alarms, and cameras.
- Residents of Tulsa enjoy all four seasons with summer highs reaching 93 degrees and winter lows of 27. Despite getting 43 inches of rain and nine inches of snow, the city still gets 227 sunny days annually, 22 more than the national average of 205. Families may want to ensure that facility rooms have individual climate controls to keep seniors comfortable regardless of the weather.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tulsa
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oklahoma
Assisted Living costs in Tulsa start around $3,544 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tulsa and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tulsa
Tulsa seniors who need help with the costs associated with assisted living can apply for one of Oklahoma's two Medicaid programs: the Personal Care Program or the Advantage Program Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tulsa
Tulsa and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tulsa, please visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tulsa
Tulsa-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oklahoma are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Tulsa, OK
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tulsa
Review of The Parke Assisted Living
We liked the layout of The Parke and the way it was organized. The apartments were really nice and had an adequate amount of room, so they're not going to be too small. Their facilities were well k... Read more
Review of Legend at Tulsa Hills
Legend at Tulsa Hills is great all the way around and it's a beautiful place. The staff is very attentive to my mom. The food is excellent. They have activities every morning and afternoon, and mos... Read more
Review of The Parke Assisted Living
After a couple of vists to The Parke, I have noticed a large separation from it and the traditional senior care facility. I believe this is a direct result from the staff having such a caring nat... Read more