30 Assisted Living Facilities near Broken Arrow, OK
Also serving communities of Bixby, Okmulgee.
There are 30 Assisted Living Facilities in the Broken Arrow area, with 8 in Broken Arrow and 22 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Broken Arrow is $2,885 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346.
To help you with your search, browse the 244 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Broken Arrow. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Broken Arrow 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Claremore with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 9 families in Broken Arrow find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Broken Arrow, call (855) 863-8283.
8 Assisted Living Facilities in Broken Arrow, OK
22 Assisted Living Facilities near Broken Arrow, OK
Other Options in Broken Arrow, OK
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Broken Arrow
Review of Forest Hills Assisted & Independent Living
My 93 year old mother is in her second month as a resident . She was concerned about moving from her home to one room. She has organized it and has enjoyed her bed , chair, and love seat . The spac... Read more
Review of Prairie House Assisted Living and Memory Care
Prairie House Assisted Living and Memory Care was very nice. It was located right across my mom's church which was an attraction because she knew some people who were there and they also seemed to ... Read more
Review of Forest Hills Assisted & Independent Living
The staff was excellent from the beginning. From coming to the house (Adam, Joaney and Katie) for the assessment, to the "move in day", and, during his stay. All staff was professional, knew answ... Read more
Assisted Living near Tulsa County, OK
More Options Near Broken Arrow, OK
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Broken Arrow
The senior population of Broken Arrow is about 12.6 percent, which is below Oklahoma’s overall senior population of 15.3 percent. The Broken Arrow area has a total of 29 assisted living facilities, with eight in Broken Arrow itself and the other 21 in nearby areas like Claremore.The Oklahoma State Department of Health regulates assisted living facilities for senior citizens, which it terms as "assisted living centers."
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Broken Arrow
- Broken Arrow is in northeast Oklahoma, which has a humid subtropical climate. It receives a little less than seven inches of snow each year on average, and the average low temperature in January is 23 degrees. The average high temperature during July is 93 degrees in Broken Arrow.
- The cost of living in Broken Arrow is relatively low at 93.4 percent of the national average. The biggest contributing factor towards the low cost of living is housing, which 84 percent of the national average. Groceries are also comparatively inexpensive in Broken Arrow, at about 90 percent of the national average.
- Broken Arrow is safer than 29 percent of the cities in the United States, giving it a relatively high crime rate. However, its rate of violent crime is only 1.55 per thousand people per year, which is much lower than the annual rate of 4.5 per thousand for Oklahoma. The chance of becoming the victim of a violent crime is 1 in 647 for Broken Arrow, as compared to 1 in 222 for Oklahoma.
- Route 508 of the Tulsa Transit system provides service around Broken Arrow. A one-day pass for senior citizens between 65 and 75 is $1.85, compared to the standard fare of $3.75 for a one-day pass. Seniors above the age of 75 ride for free with an ID card, which costs $1.
- Life Senior Services operates multiple facilities for seniors in the area, including the Adult Day Health Center in Broken Arrow. It focuses on wellness and fitness activities, but it has games such as bingo and cards. This senior center also provides educational classes and community services.
- The Broken Arrow area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. John Broken Arrow and St. Francis Hospital at Broken Arrow, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Broken Arrow
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oklahoma
Assisted Living costs in Broken Arrow start around $2,885 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Broken Arrow and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Broken Arrow
Oklahoma provides a range of Medicaid Waiver programs to provide assistance with assisted living. For example, the OK Sooner Services program provides senior citizens at least 65 years of age with assisted living and related services such as adult day health, personal care and educational services. Medical services covered by this program include nursing, vision and dental services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Broken Arrow
Broken Arrow and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Broken Arrow, please visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Broken Arrow
Broken Arrow-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oklahoma are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page for more information about these laws.