5 Assisted Living Facilities near Owasso, OK
Also serving communities of Collinsville.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Owasso area, with 3 in Owasso and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Owasso is $3,225 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 37 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Owasso. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Owasso 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Tulsa with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Owasso, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Owasso, OK
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Owasso
Owasso is a northern suburb of Tulsa that’s growing rapidly, primarily because of continued industrial development. This population increase largely consists of young workers and their families, which is why the senior population of Owasso is relatively low at 10.1 percent. Nevertheless, the Owasso area has a total of nine assisted living facilities, including three within the city limits and the other six in surrounding areas. In addition to providing seniors with a residence, these facilities also assist them with daily living activities. Assisted living facilities in Oklahoma are regulated by the State Department of Health, which defines them as "assisted living centers."
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Owasso
- The most significant aspect of Owasso’s weather for senior citizens to consider is the regular occurrence of tornadoes. Owasso also has a humid subtropical climate that generally results in consistently hot summers and comparatively mild winters. The average temperature in Owasso ranges from 68 to 94 degrees in the summer and 26 to 53 degrees in the winter.
- Owasso’s cost of living is relatively low, especially considering its location within a major metropolitan area. Overall, seniors living in Owasso will spend about 94 percent of the national average, with housing as the lowest expense at 87 percent of the national average. Groceries are 90 percent of the national average, and all other expenses are close to this level.
- Owasso is safer than about one third of all cities in the U.S. overall. This city’s crime rate is 20.85 per thousand people per year, which is considerably lower than Oklahoma’s average of 34.33 per thousand for Oklahoma. Seniors in Owasso are therefore safer than in most other cities in Oklahoma.
- Tulsa Transit handles public transportation within the Tulsa metroplex, including Owasso. Seniors at least 62 years of age, military members and disabled persons are all eligible for discounted fares. Seniors who are at least 75 years of age can ride for free.
- The Owasso Community Center is open for all residents of Owasso, with specific programs tailored to each age group. The senior program includes Bunco, trivia, computer classes and nutritional education. This community center also sponsors special events such as flea markets and fairs.
Paying for Assisted Living in Owasso
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oklahoma
Assisted Living costs in Owasso start around $3,225 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Owasso and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Owasso
Seniors in assisted living facilities in Oklahoma may be eligible for Medicaid waivers through the state’s ADvantage Program. These residents may also receive personal care through Oklahoma’s Medicaid State Plan.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Owasso
Owasso and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Owasso, please visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Owasso
Owasso-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oklahoma are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Owasso
Review of Brookdale Owasso
I was impressed with Brookdale Owasso and the young lady that I talked to. I liked it when I saw it. It's something that my sister would have been pleased with. It's assisted living and it was real... Read more
Review of Baptist Village of Owasso
My mother moved into Baptist Village of Owasso. It wasn't as nice as it should be, but they offer skilled nursing. It's a nice building. Read more
Review of Baptist Village of Owasso
My parents moved to Baptist Village of Owasso in January, and it's been very beneficial. They're religious-focused, so they have singing and Bible study, and they also have Bingo. They get three me... Read more