3 Assisted Living Facilities near Claremore, OK
Also serving communities of Pryor, Vinita.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Claremore area, with 2 in Claremore and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Claremore is $4,170 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,581. Cheaper nearby regions include Owasso with an average starting cost of $3,352.
To help you with your search, browse the 27 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Claremore. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Claremore 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Claremore, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Claremore, OK
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Claremore
Claremore is part of the Tulsa metropolitan area and is best known as the home of entertainer Will Rogers. Many buildings and streets in Claremore are named after Will Rogers, such as the Will Rogers Hotel, which has been renovated into an apartment complex for senior citizens. The Claremore area also has 31 assisted living facilities, including two in Claremore itself and 29 in nearby cities such as Owasso. The State Department of Health regulates these facilities in Oklahoma, which are officially known as assisted living centers. In addition to providing a place to live, assisted living facilities provide seniors with assistance in daily living activities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Claremore
- Claremore is located in northeast Oklahoma, commonly known as Green Country due to its abundance of vegetation and lakes. These features give Claremore more moderate weather than central Oklahoma, with fewer seasonal temperature changes. Seniors will thus be able to engage in outdoor activities for a greater portion of the year in Claremore.
- Claremore’s cost of living is about 86 percent of the national average, which is surprisingly low given its location in a major metropolitan area. Health, transportation and utilities are the highest living expenses, although they’re still slightly below the national average. Seniors will likely find Claremore to be an affordable place to live, with all the amenities of a big city.
- The overall crime rate in Claremore is 31.83 crimes per thousand people per year, which is below Oklahoma’s average of 34.33 per thousand people per year. However, this rate is higher than 83 percent of all cities in the U.S. Property crimes account for the great majority of this difference, so seniors should be particularly careful when securing their residence before going out.
- Pelivan Transit provides transportation for passengers with limited mobility for several cities in the Tulsa metroplex, including several routes for Claremore. Senior citizens 60 and over receive a substantial discount from the standard fare, although travel outside the city charges a flat rate per mile. Pelivan Transit also has special routes for weekends.
- The Senior Citizens Center in Claremore provides senior citizens with exercise classes and volunteer programs. Furthermore, it offers services such as legal and medical assistance for seniors. This senior citizens center also serves lunch daily.
- The Claremore area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Hillcrest Hospital, Claremore Indian Hospital and St. John Clinic, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Claremore
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Oklahoma
Assisted Living costs in Claremore start around $4,170 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Claremore and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Claremore
Financial assistance with assisted living in Claremore is available through Oklahoma’s Advantage plan, which provides a Medicaid waiver for seniors. The Medicaid State Plan also provides seniors with assistance in daily living activities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Claremore
Claremore and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Claremore, please visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Claremore
Claremore-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Oklahoma are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Oklahoma page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Claremore, OK
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Claremore
Review of Brookdale Claremore
I went to Brookdale Claremore. The lady who showed us around and answered questions was very polite and very informative. It looked clean. That particular day, they were having an activity and I do... Read more
Review of Brookdale Claremore
We visited Brookdale Claremore for my mom. It was very nice. It was clean and smelled good. The people were very nice, and the services were good. If I were to choose a place, that's what I would c... Read more
Review of Brookdale Claremore
We went to Brookdale Claremore on Monday, and it was just really nice. The two staff members that we met were really pleasant people and helpful. They showed us in their laptop what the rooms looke... Read more