Brookdale Claremore

Brookdale Claremore (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale Claremore

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Claremore

April 25, 2014

We are very satisfied with how everything works there: their security, their staff, and their attentiveness. The rooms were very nice, clean, and roomy. The have games, musical guests, gardening, and they do crafts. I like their attentiveness and that they monitor the residents very often. They didn't just let them sit in a room and do nothing.

July 29, 2013

By Sandy O.

I have visited Sterling House with my Aunt about 18 months ago She is currently on a waiting list for her room. Their staff are wonderful. I was able to talk with the marketing director and we exchanged information via email. While I was with my Aunt 3 members, the director. Nurse and assistant marketing director came to see us We discussed my Aunt's needs and how they would be met My cousin and I went to visit to address the furniture arrangements, we visited several rooms, met residents. We had a great time. I feel this will be a blessing for my Aunt. And for our family

September 06, 2012

By auntkay

If someone has to be cared for 24/7 and the family can no longer keep them at home, this is the best place for them to be. It is a 302 bed facility and the residents' needs come first. If they had the funding to be fully staffed all the time, I would have given it a 5 star. My brother is a quadriplegic and requires full care, bathing, dressing, feeding, medicating, everything. They treat him as a person, not a number or a paycheck.

Questions about Brookdale Claremore

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Claremore. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Here in our Assisted Living, I would estimate the average age of our residents to be 82. We are a very active community, with some of our residents still driving. About a fourth of our population is male and we do have a men’s group. Our residents love getting out in the community, partnering for intergenerational programming with the preschool next door and all of our unique musical performers that come in each month. We offer several different programs to promote health and fulfillment, including daily exercise, brain games and educational programs. In our Memory Care, we follow the award winning programming that focuses on a daily path for our residents and the programming is conducive to their disease. We offer clustering activities so that all of our resident’s programming is met, regardless of where they are in their disease. We also have 7 day a week programming in our Memory Care.

What places are near Brookdale Claremore or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are close to all of Claremore’s dining and shopping. We offer bimonthly transportation to shopping centers and transportation is available to local doctor appointments. As for our menu, our Dining Services Coordinator has been with us 8 years and we offer a variety of down-home style meals that everyone seems to enjoy. And, of course, pancakes every Friday morning! And if a resident has a particular food they would like to see incorporated in the menu, Terri is always willing to make it.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Claremore offer to assisted living residents?

Both of our buildings have coded, secured doors to come in/out. If a resident were to push on the door, an alarm would sound and the floor staff would be notified. Usually this is enough to startle the resident to stop pressing the door. Both buildings are set up so that there is plenty of space to walk around, so we usually find this helps our residents that were exit seeking prior to coming to our community.

How does Brookdale Claremore keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

In both buildings, we have monthly family events and our nursing and administration staff stay in constant communication with our families. They all have their cell phones so that they can feel the peace of mind of having their loved one here.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Claremore during daytime and nighttime hours?

As for the staffing, it is based on our resident’s care acuity, so it varies depending on the care needs of the residents currently and the time of day.

If Brookdale Claremore accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet-friendly community and we have an enclosed courtyard for our furry friends to go play in.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff gets ongoing training each month and our Memory Care staff gets additional dementia care training each month.

Photos of Brookdale Claremore

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Brookdale Claremore

Brookdale Claremore provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Claremore