Forest Hills Assisted & Independent Living

Reviews of Forest Hills Assisted & Independent Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Forest Hills Assisted & Independent Living

February 21, 2019

By BFP

My father is a resident of Forest Hills and I've found it to be a good fit for him. His room is spacious and well-maintained. I appreciate the staff, the communication and the wide-range of activities offered. His disposition has improved so much since being moved to Forest Hills Assisted Living. He is more engaged and seems much happier. The food service is quality and wide ranging. Every member of the staff that I have communicated with has been friendly and helpful. The facility is very well kept and the atmosphere is peaceful and calm. Our family appreciates the care and genuine interest shown to our loved one.

February 18, 2019

By samgirl10

On my initial visit, they did an excellent job of informing us of all the different amenities that were offered such as rides to and from doctor appointments, beauty salon, workout room, laundry room and services, plus additional ones. Forrest Hills offers three different floor plan and sizes. Once our dad moved in when met more of the staff members and are very happy with the care that our dad is receiving. And, most importantly, he is very happy and comfortable.

February 13, 2019

By T Lalande

Our father is a resident of Forest Hills. He lives in a studio plus apartment. (This allows him to have a separate living room from his bedroom.) The rooms are spacious. The staff is knowledgeable, courteous and kind. Every time I have visited my father his room is clean. (They include cleaning and laundry as one of their services.) My father loves the food. The kitchen staff is willing to honor his request of a cheeseburger and fries for lunch. I would recommend Forest Hills to anyone who is looking for a safe and friendly environment for their loved one.

February 12, 2019

By Linsuz2

The rooms studio apartments are a good size for one person. They have a kitchen area with sink and counter and small refrigerator. They have their own bathroom with shower, toilet, and sink and two emergency cords. When you walk into the facility it smells clean. The staff is always helpful and friendly. They seem to actually care about my Dad and his comfort. He likes the sing a longs and breakfast. I especially like that they check his blood pressure 3 times a day. They make sure he gets his medication every day. Once a week he has his room and clothes cleaned once a week. The doors are locked so residents can’t leave when they want. They are evaluated when they come in and they try to help him meet people they think he will like. There is a bistro where they can get coffee and snacks, full service beauty salon, pool table, game room, puzzles, and lots of activities every day. A big dining room with 2 fire places, a living room with a big tv and a piano for guest singers to play. They also have a private dining room if you want to eat with your family by yourself. 3 meals a day and if you don’t like what they are serving you can ask for a burger, salad, or sandwich. There is a courtyard if you want to sit outside or walk around outside. They have trips to Walmart once a week.

February 12, 2019

By L Dix

My Dad has a small room but he loves the layout. He loves the big closet where he has a dresser and chest in it so not taking up space in his room. He has a huge bathroom as well. He stores his walkers and wheelchair in the bathroom and still has plenty of space. He loves housekeeping. He looks forward to visiting with them while they are cleaning his room. They also puts up his clean clothes exactly where he keeps them in his drawers or hung up without him even having to tell them. They just remember and takes an interest in him. He thinks that is so neat. He loves to eat in the dining room and never misses a meal. He loves the food and if he is wanting something else he just says what else do you have and they will offer him something he is excited to eat. The staff at Forest Hills are all very helpful and friendly to me as well as my Dad and go out of their way to make sure my Dad is happy and his needs are met. That might include getting his TV to work after a clock fell off the wall to helping him with paperwork to qualify him for VA benefits, to having a get together to honor him on Veterans Day. He also is given his meds which eases his mind and mine. He just loves the med nurses and visits with them as well. It is a nice and relaxing place and he loves it there. My Mom is in the nursing care side and they have arranged for them to be close enough for him to walk over and visit her everyday. That makes them both happy and eases my mind as a daughter that they both are safe and secure and most of all happy. Forest Hills is a great place with lots of activites for ther residents to keep them engaged and I would highly recommend it.

February 11, 2019

By alysha

I toured the facility with my dad on behalf of my grandmother. Everyone was so nice and helpful, answering all of our questions and showing genuine concern for my Grandmother’s wellbeing. I wasn’t there to help my dad move her in but i know accommodations were made to make it as easy and efficient as possible for him and he greatly appreciated that! She’s only been there a month but is so far enjoying it!

February 06, 2019

By Barb1544

The rooms that I have seen are fairly spacious and generally in good condition. The staff with whom I have interacted seem to be very polite and genuinely appear to have the wellbeing of the residents at heart. I appreciate that laundry and housekeeping services are provided on a weekly basis. I would like to see more fresh fruits and vegetables on the meal menus.

September 01, 2018

By grateful66

My mother lives in a studio apartment at Forest Hills Assisted Living. The apartment has a generous entry, very large closet, and a bathroom with lots of shelf space and room to move about. The facility itself is clean and welcoming. The design is straightforward with no labyrinth of hallways to confuse the residents. It is a one-story facility, without elevators that can be a concern for elder residents. There are bunnies in the courtyard and the general atmosphere is calming and peaceful. My mother is thriving. She reiterates each time we speak that she is happy and the change I have witnessed since her move to Forest Hills is remarkable. She has dementia and laments her memory loss, yet our phone calls are filled with details about her friends. When we speak, there is often a knock on the door and Mom consistently greets the med aide or staff member with warmth and good humor. That she enjoys them and doesn’t mind the intrusion is clear. The food in the dining room is excellent. The open seating is very much to my mother’s liking and allows her to exercise her independence, something she prizes above all. One of the reasons we chose Forest Hills is the proximity of the Forest Hills Skilled Nursing facility. Mom had a fall recently and broke her elbow. She was immediately taken to the hospital and was wonderfully cared for right next door to her own apartment. The whole episode was smoothly orchestrated, from start to finish. This came as a great relief to her children, as two of us live out of state. The price structure for Forest Hills is fantastic for all that it offers. I can’t say enough about the excellent direction, the upbeat and dedicated personnel, and our mother’s general quality of care.

Independent Living Reviews for Forest Hills Assisted & Independent Living

Photos of Forest Hills Assisted & Independent Living

About Forest Hills Assisted & Independent Living

Forest Hills Assisted & Independent Living is a senior living provider in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma that offers residents Assisted Living and Independent Living. Contact Forest Hills Assisted & Independent Living for more details on services and rates.

Map of Forest Hills Assisted & Independent Living