20 Assisted Living Facilities near Henderson, NV
There are 20 Assisted Living Facilities in the Henderson area, with 12 in Henderson and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Henderson is $3,135 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,425. Cheaper nearby regions include Las Vegas with an average starting cost of $2,934.
To help you with your search, browse the 314 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Henderson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Henderson 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 29 families in Henderson find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Henderson, call (855) 863-8283.
12 Assisted Living Facilities in Henderson, NV
8 Assisted Living Facilities near Henderson, NV
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Henderson
Located just southeast of the larger metropolitan area of Las Vegas, Henderson is the second largest city in Nevada and a quieter place to live than it's world famous neighbor to the north. There are 28 assisted living facilities in the Henderson area, all of which must be certified by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health and follow a specific set of regulations.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Henderson
- Henderson’s weather is in the summer months can be almost unbearably hot, with many monthly highs registering in the 100s. Winters in Henderson can see temperatures drop into the high 30s. The average rainfall per year is around 7 inches.
- The air quality in Henderson isn’t much better than the poor air quality in Las Vegas, according to a 2018 American Lung Association report. It’s worse in the summer months when hot, still air hangs over the valley metro area.
- Henderson’s cost of living is a bit higher than both the national and state averages, as it has higher housing prices than the nearby Las Vegas area. Other things like health care and transportation are in line with national averages, while utility costs are noticeably cheaper.
- While Henderson’s crime rate is significantly lower than the national and state averages, it still has a relatively steady amount of crime for a city of its size. It’s considered about 30 percent safer than most American cities.
- Senior residents in Henderson can use a variety of types of transportation at discounted rates. Nevada 2-1-1 gives rides to seniors to the grocery store or doctor's office. There are also a wide variety of independent senior transportation providers in the Henderson area.
- Henderson has no from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Las Vegas.
Paying for Assisted Living in Henderson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Nevada
Assisted Living costs in Henderson start around $3,135 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Henderson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Henderson
When it comes to financial assistance for seniors in assisted living facilities in Henderson, the state of Nevada's Medicaid program has an assisted living waiver where certain care is provided to senior residents in assisted living facilities in order to delay or prevent the need for nursing home care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Henderson
Henderson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Henderson, please visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Henderson
Henderson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Nevada are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Henderson, NV
Other Options in Henderson, NV
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Henderson
Review of Pacifica Senior Living Green Valley
A warm and loving home. Read more
Review of Pacifica Senior Living Green Valley
This is a nice facility with several little cottages. I think maybe 12 rooms to a cottage. Tenants ate in the cottage not in a big dining room. Wasn't what we were looking for. Read more
Review of Merrill Gardens at Siena Hills
Merrill Gardens at Siena Hills didn't have a kitchen in the room, but they have a 24-hour eating facility where you can go anytime you want and order food and eat. I don't find that appealing perso... Read more