The vibrant city of Las Vegas, Nevada, has a population of about 650,000 and 11.4% of residents are over the age of 65. Seniors in Las Vegas have access to a number of medical facilities, such as Valley Hospital Medical Center and St. Rose Dominican Hospital, which has multiple campuses around the city.

Nursing homes provide skilled care and assistance for seniors who require constant help due to a disability or chronic illness. Nursing homes typically have licensed nursing staff and caregivers available 24/7. Due to the high staff-to-resident ratio in these facilities, this type of senior care is typically more expensive than other options. According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020, a semiprivate room in a Las Vegas nursing home costs an average of $9,155 per month and a private room costs $10,524 per month. Seniors who don’t require such a high level of care may want to look at assisted living or home health care options.

This guide looks at senior resources and costs of senior living options in Las Vegas.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Las Vegas, NV

Sandstone Spring Valley

5650 S Rainbow Blvd, Las Vegas, NV, 89118

My mother is in Sandstone Spring Valley and it is awful. Upon intake, nothing was done to her for multiple hours. The intake was at 3:30, the CNA got her on the bed and said she’d be right back but di … (read more)

Gaye Haven ICF

1813 Betty Lane , Las Vegas, NV, 89115

My experience with Gaye Haven is great. My family member is doing real well there. It’s wonderful. I visit all the time, and she is OK. They’re real good. It’s a very small facility, but it’s nice.

Marquis Centennial Hills

6351 N Fort Apache Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89149

I was in an accident and I was in a nursing home in Las Vegas called Marquis Centennial Hills. I came right from the hospital to the place. I had two broken arms, a fractured nose, a concussion, and o … (read more)

Trellis Centennial

8565 W Rome Blvd, Las Vegas, NV, 89149

I was in Trellis Centennial for rehab and my experience was excellent. I have been in four skilled nursing and I’d rate this one the highest. The food was good, the physical therapy was very good and … (read more)

Saint Joseph Transitional Rehabilitation Center

2035 W Charleston Blvd. , Las Vegas, NV, 89102

To the most amazing staff, and residents as well, hard working, careing, compassionate, amazing people, you all treated my mother as if she was your own, God Bless all of you!

Torrey Pines Care Center

1701 South Torrey Pines Drive, Las Vegas, NV, 89146

My husband spent the last 6 months of his life with these warm, caring and wonderful people. They treated him very well and often said he was part of the family. It is not as fancy as some other pla … (read more)

Marquis Care Plaza Regency

6021 W. Cheyenne Ave., Las Vegas, NV, 89108

I didn’t like the Marquis Plaza Regency. The food was terrible. For dinner, they gave me half a sandwich and a bowl of soup that was not good at all. My husband was there for a day or two. It’s not … (read more)

Advanced Health Care of Las Vegas

5840 West Sunset Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89118

My mom was at Advanced Health Care of Las Vegas for rehab. They were very open, caring, helpful, answered any questions I had, and seemed to take very good care of my mother. I didn’t care for the fo … (read more)

Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Desert Canyon

9175 West Oquendo Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89148

Right now, my mother is in Healthsouth Desert Canyon Rehabilitation, and we are trying to get her level of health restored to be independent enough. I don’t have any complaints on any level. Everythin … (read more)

Horizon Health and Rehabilitation Center

660 Desert Lane , Las Vegas, NV, 89106

I visited 2 family members at thus center. I have to say that the level of care is mediocre. We were unable to get the basic standard of care needs met, while having family to advocate for the patient … (read more)

Silver Hills Health Care Center

3450 N. Buffalo Drive, Las Vegas, NV, 89129

Communication with Silver Hills is difficult. It is hard to get connected to a living staff person. It seems like all calls get transferred to voicemail and then the calls are not returned. The big … (read more)

Advanced Health Care – Summerlin

2860 N Tenaya Way, Las Vegas, NV, 89128

This facility is beautiful and well set up for rehabilitation. During working hours the nursing dept. Is good. The rehabilation dept. is well equipted. The staff is knowledgeable, pleasant, thoughtful … (read more)

The Heights of Summerlin

10550 Park Run Drive, Las Vegas, NV, 89144

I AM SOOOO DISGUSTED AND dissatisfied with facility.They only care about how much the state is going to give them for the bed,they match however much the patients social security is along with receivi … (read more)

Spanish Hills Wellness Suites

5351 Montessouri St. , Las Vegas, NV, 89113

My Uncle was here for rehab. I talked to him every day. He didn’t answer my calls or texts for 2 days. I asked for a well fair check, he was incoherent, and couldn’t talk. That same day he was transp … (read more)

Canyon Vista Post Acute

6352 Medical Center Street, Las Vegas, NV, 89148

My mother was there 08/17/20 until she caught COVID -19 around 08/28/20 was in destress sent to hospital, where when she got there they said she was malnourished, had sepsis, and in acute destress. Wh … (read more)

Life Care Center of Las Vegas

6151 Vegas Drive, Las Vegas, NV, 89108

The nurses were very nice and friendly and cordial the treatment there as far as medical goes for substandard pretty well needed to take care of yourself. I was told upon leaving I would be forgiven p … (read more)

Welbrook Centennial Hills, Llc

6650 Grand Montecito Parkway, Las Vegas, NV, 89149

My mother was in this facility for 18 hours and literally almost died because the nurses were too lazy to look at her paperwork so they could administer her medications. I left at 6pm and when I ar … (read more)

Silver Ridge Healthcare Center

1151 Torrey Pines, Las Vegas, NV, 89146

I don’t recommend this place for your love one. They will try to keep you here forever and visitations are worst. They used covid19 as their excuse. No visitors no complain.

Kindred Hospital Las Vegas Flamingo Subacute Unit

2250 E. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89119

I live in Texas and my Brother is a patient there. They have been wonderful and so helpful in keeping up with me. They are very patient with me as I try to call and check on him pretty often and they … (read more)

Royal Springs Healthcare & Rehab

8501 Del Webb Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, 89134

This place should have a makeover and the doctors and the staff should Retrained to communicate. If you ever want the run around from the head nurse in the 100 hall just ask for Mia. (Unit mgr) Sh … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Las Vegas, NV

A semiprivate room in a Las Vegas nursing home costs an average of $9,155 per month, while a private room costs $10,524.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

The average cost of nursing home care in Las Vegas is $1,399 per month higher than the national median of $7,756. However, the monthly cost in Las Vegas is similar to the Nevada state average of $9,262. Las Vegas has a similar monthly cost to Reno ($9,095) and nearby Phoenix, Arizona, ($9,247). The median cost in Carson City is much higher at $9,612, while the average rate in Salt Lake City, Utah, is significantly lower at $6,996.

$9155

Salt Lake City, UT

$9247

Phoenix, AZ

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Seniors may want to compare the costs of other care options in Las Vegas if they’re unsure if a nursing home is the right option. Adult day care is the least expensive senior care option at an average monthly cost of $1,625. Nursing home care is on the other end of the rate spectrum at a cost of $9,155 for a semiprivate room and $10,524 for a private room. Homemaker and home health aide services both cost an average of $4,290 per month, while assisted living costs $3,525 per month.

$4290

Assisted Living

$1625

Adult day care

$9155

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$10524

Nursing home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Las Vegas, NV

Free Resources for Seniors in Las Vegas, NV

The following resources may be of interest to seniors in Las Vegas and may help them delay the need to move into a nursing home facility.

ResourceContactService
Las Vegas Senior Services(702) 229-6690The city of Las Vegas provides information and referrals to aging-related local resources to support its senior community. Additionally, the city’s Parks and Recreation Department operates five senior centers that offer classes, activities and events for residents aged 50 and older.
Nevada Senior Services(702) 648-3425Nevada Senior Services is a nonprofit organization that provides a number of services for free or a small donation. It runs adult day care centers across the city and provides specialist memory care programs. Additional services offered include comprehensive assessments, in-home respite care, caregiver support, senior wellness programs and assistance with home modifications.
Meals on Wheels(702) 385-5284Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada operates a Meals on Wheels service for seniors in Las Vegas. Volunteers deliver seven meals each week to homebound seniors who are unable to cook for themselves. There’s no charge for the meals, but donations are always appreciated. The program’s volunteer drivers carry out weekly wellness checks and can also deliver donated pet food for seniors with companion animals.