43 Assisted Living Facilities near North Las Vegas, NV
There are 43 Assisted Living Facilities in the North Las Vegas area.
To help you with your search, browse the 460 reviews below for assisted living facilities in North Las Vegas. Better rated regions include Las Vegas with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in North Las Vegas, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in North Las Vegas, NV
What to Consider About Assisted Living in North Las Vegas
As its name suggests, North Las Vegas is in the northern portion of the city of Las Vegas, but it’s a separate incorporated community of over a quarter million people. There are 50 assisted living facilities to choose from in the North Las Vegas area, all of which are certified and regulated by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in North Las Vegas
- The weather in North Las Vegas is relatively predictable. Due to the fact that it’s the high desert, summers can be almost unbearably hot, with many monthly highs registering in the 100s and winters can see temperatures drop into the high 30s. The average rainfall per year is around 4 inches.
- North Las Vegas has some of the poorest air quality in the country according to a 2018 American Lung Association report. This can be attributed to urban pollution and hot, still air hanging over the city much of the year.
- The North Las Vegas cost of living is less than the rest of Las Vegas, which is above the national average, and more in line with the cost of living in the rest of the country. Things like housing are below average in the area, while health care is above average.
- North Las Vegas crime rates have been an ongoing issue for the area. Overall it is 12 percent higher than the national average.
- North Las Vegas senior residents have access to a number of programs, like Silver Star RTC which was designed with seniors in mind, to help them get around town at discounted rates. Nevada 2-1-1, which operates in Las Vegas and across the rest of Nevada, may be one of the most useful, as it gives rides to seniors daily from the grocery store to doctor’s appointments.
- The North Las Vegas area is home to world-class medical facilities, like Dignity Health St. Rose Dominican, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in North Las Vegas
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Nevada
Assisted Living costs in North Las Vegas start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in North Las Vegas and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in North Las Vegas
Nevada's Aging and Disability Services Division offers a Home and Community-Based Services Waiver for the Frail Elderly and a Home and Community Based Waiver for Persons with Physical Disabilities that helps covers some assisted living costs. The state also offers optional state supplement for seniors with SSI.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in North Las Vegas
North Las Vegas and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in North Las Vegas, please visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in North Las Vegas
North Las Vegas-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Nevada are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page for more information about these laws.