62 Assisted Living Facilities in Clark County, NV
The average cost of assisted living in Clark County is $3,303 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 769 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clark County. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Clark County 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 101 families in Clark County find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clark County, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Clark County, NV
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clark County
Clark County, Nevada, is home to the wildly famous Las Vegas, where visitors and residents alike can enjoy the shopping and entertainment. Seniors can explore the scene in Las Vegas, visit the Nature Preserve in Wetlands Park, and have access to 53 Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in the area.
ALFs offer dignified care and support to elderly residents by licensed staff. These facilities are governed by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health (DPBH) and may include 24-hour supervision, medication management and personal care services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clark County
- Clark County has a varied climate with a July average high temperature of 102 degrees and a January average low of 34 degrees. Seniors who do not like extreme temperatures may have difficulties living here, but seniors with limited mobility may enjoy the fact that there is no snow, so they can be active all year long.
- The high crime rate in Clark County may make living here unsafe for seniors. Violent crime is rated at 70.1 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is much higher than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 42.5, which is higher than the national average of 38.1.
- Seniors seeking local shopping, attractions and transportation to doctor’s appointments have access to the RTC bus service. As well as fixed routes throughout the city, the RTC offers curb-to-curb services and wheelchair accessible buses for seniors with limited mobility. All seniors receive reduced fare.
- The air quality in Clark County received a poor rating from the American Lung Association. With an Ozone score of F, and a Particle Pollution 24-hour score of C, seniors with asthma or a respiratory illness may run into health complications here.
- The Clark County area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Southern Hills Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors can take scenic tours of the Hoover Dam and learn the rich history behind it. Seniors can also get into the spirit of gambling and gaming in the fun-filled Laughlin area, located right on the Colorado River.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clark County
Average Monthly Costs
County in Nevada
Assisted Living costs in Clark County start around $3,303 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clark County and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clark County
Senior Medicaid recipients in Nevada may qualify for assistance to help pay for assisted living services through the Medicaid’s Home and Community Based Services waiver. Nevada offers no non-Medicaid programs to pay for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clark County
Clark County and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clark County, please visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clark County
Clark County-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Nevada are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Clark County, NV
Assisted Living near Clark County, NV
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Clark County
Review of Silver Sky at Deer Springs Assisted Living
My mother is moving into Silver Sky at Deer Springs Assisted Living this April. It's close to where I live; it's probably within five minutes of where I live. She has a ground-floor apartment, whic... Read more
Review of TLC Costa Brava LLC
Dora and her Staff are wonderful. The House is beautifully finished.. Caregivers are friendly and helpful. Highly recommended Read more
Review of TLC Costa Brava LLC
My family needed help caring for my stepfather and Dora and her team came through and gave us the peace of mind and comfort that we all needed. Dora was extremely supportive, always responsive to o... Read more