Oakey Assisted Living

Reviews of Oakey Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Oakey Assisted Living

May 12, 2018

By Melinda

My mom is happy with the facility and the amenities at Oakey Assisted Living and it's close to our church. It's a two-story home. It has three wings, nice elevators, and they provide a progression of care. Right now, my mom doesn't need anything. She has her own car and she has covered parking. There are three meals a day, plus there's fruit and snacks available at other times. They're not perfect, but it certainly is comfortable. She's happy with her place. It couldn't be more perfect. She has had a couple of things she wanted addressed and they're available and listen to her. Especially when I've been there for meals, the staff has been friendly and attentive. The food is good. She has done several things there. She pays $3,000 a month and it covers her cable, TV, her meals, housekeeping once a week, and they do her laundry. They also have laundry facilities and there's covered parking.

August 21, 2017

By Visitor

I was impressed with Oakey Assisted Living by Destinations. The staff was fine and very responsible. I liked the cleanliness and the way everything was situated. It looked like it was easy to get around, and they catered to your needs. They had a workout room, a computer room, and a TV. They had a good chef and the dining room was small but very nice.

December 13, 2016

By MR510608

I really like Destinations at Oakey. It was older, and it was totally remodeled, but the staff was really great. The food was wonderful. The apartments were nice. Actually it was one of the places where I was almost going to put money down, and then I didn't because the family decided to leave my mother-in-law in Ohio. The only thing I didn't like about them is that it was like in an apartment complex almost. They were behind the lock gate, but still in an apartment complex, and I didn't like the idea of my mother-in-law being able to walk away from there and then being exposed to people living in apartments. I wasn't excited about that, but I probably still would have considered them because I like them a lot even though they weren't as nearly as luxurious as the other places. I like the atmosphere, I like the people there, and the community was very clean.

October 20, 2016

By Patti004208

Destinations at Oakey was very nice, and the apartments are pretty good-sized -- like a studio kind of apartment. The staff was very nice, friendly, and very knowledgeable. The residents were playing Bingo when we were there, and the dining area was nice, clean, and looks like a buffet-style cafeteria.

September 02, 2012

By Russell2

Destinations in Oakey is kind of like a hotel-type of arrangement. It's one big unit, a little bit more modern and newer. I've only been there twice.

May 04, 2012

By EW

I was just looking for a place and got the chance to visit the facility. The place is good, the people were nice and I was heartily welcomed when I visited. I will give them 5 star rating based on my experience and based on other's feedback as well. I will most likely recommend the the facility to others.

June 30, 2011

By GuiCyber

I am currently a resident of destiantions at oakey in las vegas nevada. I enjoy mt stay here because I have many friends and a family memeber that stays here as well. There are outdoor activities and we can sign up for field trips on certain times of the month. I usually stay here for months at a time and other times I stay with family memebers. The staff is nice to me. I would highly reccomened this place because it is a beautiful environment and it is very peaceful. There is a lot of grass and tress and they make me feel at home.

Costs for Oakey Assisted Living

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• State Licenses: 8511-AGC-O

About Oakey Assisted Living

oakeyalf.com

As we get older, many of us naturally need a helping hand: perhaps someone to manage our medications or prepare nutritious meals. Sometimes, that’s all we need to live safely on our own. Our staff is here to offer that helping hand, but only when and if you need it. Our full range of services are designed to help you maintain your health, so you may live as independently as possible.

A few of the services we provide are:

• Daily assistance with bathing/dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Reminder & redirection assistance
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system

Private Apartments

Living options include studios and one bedroom apartments. We encourage you to make yourself at home by decorating with your favorite furniture, pictures, and other memories of home.

Other amenities include:

• Kitchenette with refrigerator and microwave
  • Private bathroom