4 Assisted Living Facilities in Bullhead City, AZ
The average cost of assisted living in Bullhead City is $2,880 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 31 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bullhead City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bullhead City 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kingman with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bullhead City, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bullhead City
A prime location in Mohave County, Bullhead City, Arizona, offers seniors scenic views of the Black Mountain Range and the Colorado River and easy access to the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. It is also home to four assisted living facilities. These facilities provide assistance with the activities of daily living and programs and services for seniors who are unable to express their needs or make basic decisions regarding self-care. In Bullhead City, as in all of Arizona, assisted living facilities are licensed and managed by the Division of Public Health Licensing Services, Bureau of Residential Facilities Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bullhead City
- Bullhead City has a hot desert climate, with July highs soaring well into the triple digits and January lows sitting in the low-40s. The city experiences just six inches of rain annually and 285 sunny days, compared to the national averages of 39 inches of rain and 205 sunny days.
- The air quality in Bullhead City is notably high, making this city a good option for seniors with asthma and other respiratory illnesses. According to the American Lung Association, the county is rated an A, meaning that the air has a low level of environmental pollutants.
- Bullhead City offers a low cost of living compared to other cities in both the state and the nation. Seniors can expect to spend less on groceries, healthcare, utilities, transportation and other miscellaneous expenses than they would elsewhere.
- While the overall crime rate in Bullhead City is 34 percent higher than the national average, a majority of the crime that takes place is property crime. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest, the rate of property crime is 51.6 and the rate of violent crime is 16.7. The national average property crime rate is 38.1 and the violent crime rate is 31.1.
- Bullhead City residents pay a sales tax rate of 7.85 percent, which is higher than many U.S. cities; this may be offset by the fact that there is no tax on Social Security benefits. Seniors may be able to put more of their monthly benefits towards the cost of assisted living.
- The Bullhead City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Western Arizona Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bullhead City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Bullhead City start around $2,880 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bullhead City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bullhead City
Bullhead City seniors have access to several programs that may help them fund assisted living options, including Arizona Non-Medical, Home and Community Based Services, Supplemental Security Income and Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bullhead City
Bullhead City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bullhead City, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bullhead City
Bullhead City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Bullhead City, AZ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bullhead City
Review of Silver Creek Assisted Living
Very clean and friendly staff. All very concern and affectionate towards all residents. Always available to listen to your questions. Great nurse and staff. Read more
Review of Sunridge Village
The medical needs are not met the staff setting appts obtaining meds and records are inept it can take weeks to get mess up to 8 months and more to get a dr appt the food is substandard Read more
Review of Silver Creek Assisted Living
My mother is in Silver Creek Assisted Living. It is a three-story facility and she is on the second floor, which is for people who have difficulty ambulating and dementia. She's doing very well and... Read more