Sunridge Village

Reviews of Sunridge Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunridge Village

November 17, 2014

By Jodi4

We got my father-in-law a place last Saturday. We contacted a couple in California as we wanted local so we can visit him. Sunridge Village is pretty much the same with the other facility as far as what they offered for the room, and there are common areas where he could socialize with other people there. They have TV room and card rooms. They were extremely helpful because we had him evaluated with his medical doctor that he got for him here, and when we couldn’t find a home here In California, we started looking elsewhere. When we took the paperwork over to his doctor to have him fill out for his specific housing there, he refused to fill it out because he told us that he was not licensed with Arizona, so we had spent the last probably at least two-and-a-half months’ time to get him evaluated by a doctor. They were in extreme of trying to get this done in a week’s time whereas the doctor here took two-and-a-half months to do it. Right now, he is in a private room, but it is setup for two. They didn’t have a roommate for him yet but he will probably will have one. This place we didn’t have to pull all his furniture from here to there, and they do have a doctor that comes to the facility once a month. They told us they have a game room, TV room, they do cards, and different types of games. They have a pool there where they are fully supervised to go into the pool or the spa and that’s all safe for them. They have outings at least two times a week where they could go over to the casinos. They do like little outings to the movies, and they take them to Wal-Mart to do shopping. We talked to Harold after we dropped off him Friday, we went back and saw him again Saturday to make sure he was OK and we asked him, he said yeah, and he said they give him snacks all the time. They really help us, and they are concerned about Harold’s well-being and safety.

November 14, 2014

Sunridge was formerly a Holiday Inn hotel. They divided the 1-bedroom into two so two can be in the same room as a roommate but fortunately, my brother doesn’t have anybody. The room is not very tidy and they put a TV on a little stand, smaller than the TV and it’s very dangerous. It would fall on Ernest. It is a terrible, terrible place. All they do is give my brother pills, so he is always sleeping, and when he cannot breathe, they would just give him oxygen. The last time they had to call the doctor. He could not breathe because there was fluid in his lungs. I ate one lunch there and it was mostly sandwiches. I called them and asked them if they can at least give rice because my brother is Filipino and he craves for rice. The portion is so small but it doesn’t matter because they don’t eat much anymore. He’s just a stone’s throw away from the office there. My heart bleeds for him because he is not treated well.

January 24, 2012

By Ladyhawk

Oh my, what a place. There is new management and the changes are awsome. The building is emaculent. Remodeling everywhere. The pool and spa is being remodeled. They are doing adult day care, respite care and building a beautiful secured memory care unit. I am so impressed. I brought my parents and had lunch. We didn't make an appointment just walked in. The food was exceptional, the staff was so warm and friendly and treated all the residents with care and compassion. I had the chance to chat with some of the residents and family members there visiting and they couldn't say enough great things. They even have 3 licensed nurses, a medical director that see's residents there on site, an eye doctor and podiatrist that comes there. If that wasn't enough, the lab comes there weekly and they can have x-rays, ekg's and sonograms done there. They have an extensive activity calendar and a brand new bus. I am so excited that my folks chose to live here and Linda helped them easily through the move in process. Thank you Sunridge Village !

November 17, 2011

By Debannholt

Since my parents were residents I believe there are now new owners of the facility, however, I was not impressed with the way employee relations with the facility affected residents. Kitchen help was unhappy and residents were not given anything other than cold meals, nothing that was cooked, etc. The nursing attendants were warm, compassionate and very helpful and the activities were plentiful inorder to make the residents feel part of a community and stay active. My parents are no longer residents here but I think it's vey important for anyone considering it to check out the nutritional aspects as they were never met.

Costs for Sunridge Village

Photos of Sunridge Village

Services and Amenities of Sunridge Village

• Housing Extra: For Memory Care, We Offer Private And Semi Private Rooms.

• Pool

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: AL4424C

About Sunridge Village

Sunridge Village has been in operation since May of 2003. A licensed Assisted Living Facility that provides personal care, dementia care, respite care and adult day services.

We offer 134 apartments in a resort setting. Each apartment features an individual climate-control system, wall-to-wall carpeting and a private bathroom. All suites open to an inner courtyard and pool area that is gated and professionally landscaped.

Located in Bullhead City, AZ just across the Colorado River from Laughlin, NV. The views are spectacular from each personal balcony and the courtyard provides an oasis feeling with our pool, spa, plus large palm and olive trees.

Relax with friends and family. Enjoy a supportive lifestyle that promotes freedom to explore and learn. Living at Sunridge Village allows you to realize new and past interests.

Sunridge Village is more than a place to live, it is a community. Enjoy our beauty/barber salon, library, recreational rooms and all lush gardens. Sunridge Village is filled with love, family, friends and a sense of pride. We are easy to find and a great place to live.

We know that today's seniors want a community with wonderful amenities and lots of activities. We offer many unique areas in our community including a Man Cave, a Wellness Room, and we are adding a Putting Green, and Artist's Studio, Beauty Salon and a Dog Park.

Map of Sunridge Village