7 Assisted Living Facilities in Kingman, AZ
Also serving communities of Dolan Springs.
The average cost of assisted living in Kingman is $2,995 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Bullhead City with an average starting cost of $2,780.
To help you with your search, browse the 14 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kingman. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kingman 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kingman, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Kingman, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kingman
Located in Mohave County, Kingman, Arizona, known as the heart of historic Route 66, has a population of over 23,000 with seniors comprising about 23 percent of the population. Seniors who are looking for help with activities of daily living will find six assisted living facilities in Kingman. Assisted living facilities are governed by the Arizona Department of Health Services and focus on providing seniors with supervisory care, personal care or directed care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kingman
- Because social security checks are not taxed, seniors living in Kingman, and throughout Arizona, have extra money to spend on quality care.
- In addition to no tax, the cost of living is 13 percent lower than the national average, and 15 percent lower than the state average, making Kingman a viable option for seniors on a budget.
- While violent crime is at 28.2, lower than the national average, property crime is a staggering 68.8. This is almost double the national average and could be a concern for seniors and their families.
- With 290 sunny days, no snow and a comfort index of 81 out of 100, Kingman is an ideal climate for active seniors. While the average high of 98 degrees might be too much for some, this city is much cooler than the Phoenix-Metro area which above 107 degrees throughout the summer.
- Because of its location away from large cities and its cooler temperature, the American Lung Association has given Mohave county an A grade for air quality, making it an excellent choice for seniors with a respiratory illness.
- Though there are limited public transportation services in Kingman, the city does provide the Kingman Area Regional Transit (KART), a small public bus service with wheelchair and scooter access.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kingman
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Kingman start around $2,995 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kingman and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kingman
Arizona has a number of programs for financial help with assisted living. Eligible seniors can apply to the Medicaid division Arizona Long Term Care Services (ALTCS), Agency With Choice (AWC) / Community First Choice Option (CFC) or Self-Directed Attendant Care (SDAC).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kingman
Kingman and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kingman, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kingman
Kingman-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Kingman, AZ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kingman
Review of Hope Haven Assisted Living Home
I toured Hope Haven. It was very clean, perhaps a little small, but on the same token, it is what I am looking for. They have cards and bingo. The staff members were very friendly. Read more
Review of White Cliffs Senior Living
White Cliffs Senior Living was a glorified hotel. You don't get a whole lot because everything is extra, and they just raised their rate. It was a very nice facility and a great tour. They were ver... Read more
Review of White Cliffs Senior Living
White Cliffs was great and it's a beautiful place, but it's just too expensive. The rooms and staff are excellent. The food is really good and the dining area is set up like a restaurant. They have... Read more