3 Assisted Living Facilities near Boulder City, NV
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Boulder City area, with 2 in Boulder City and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Boulder City is $2,495 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 23 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Boulder City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Boulder City 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Henderson with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Boulder City, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Boulder City, NV
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Boulder City
Senior citizens who are looking for a desert climate can find it in Boulder City, Nevada. Located close to Las Vegas, this city enables its 15,551 residents to enjoy small-town life while remaining close to the big city. Boulder City, Nevada is home to two assisted living communities with an additional one nearby. These facilities are all governed by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health and the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services, Nevada State Health Division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Boulder City
- Boulder City is a warm, desert environment, which is ideal for seniors who don’t want to deal with snow. There is an average of 290 sunny days per year with an average of 6 inches of rain per year. The coolest month is January when lows come in at around 38 degrees Fahrenheit. The warmest month is July, which boasts highs around 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Seniors who have respiratory troubles may enjoy the lovely air quality in Boulder City. Air quality scores range from 1 to 100, with 100 being the best. The national average is 58; however, Boulder City comes in higher with an air quality score of 67.
- The cost of living in Boulder City is a bit higher than other places around the country. The national cost of living index is 100. Boulder City comes in at 110. Seniors might be interested to know that the cost of health care costs come in at 106.
- Boulder City is a safer city than average in the United States. The higher the crime rate number, the more crime you can expect in the city. The national violent crime rate is 31.1, but Boulder City’s is 26.8. For property crimes, Boulder City’s rate is 14.9 is much lower than the national average of 38.1.
- The Southern Nevada Transit Coalition provides a variety of transportation options for senior citizens in the Boulder City area. Seniors who are at least 62 years old can enjoy reduced fares on fixed routes. Some seniors who are 60 or older can receive discounted fares on other services after filling out a registration form and turning it in.
- The Boulder City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Boulder City Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Boulder City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Nevada
Assisted Living costs in Boulder City start around $2,495 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Boulder City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Boulder City
Senior citizens in Boulder City may turn to the Aging and Disability Services Division Assisted Living Waiver for help paying for assisted living care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Boulder City
Boulder City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Boulder City, please visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Boulder City
Boulder City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Nevada are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Boulder City, NV
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Boulder City
Review of The Homestead at Boulder City
I visited The Homestead at Boulder City which is by a hospital. But it was bad for memory care, only because it was really old and outdated. That's probably okay if you have a really old person who... Read more
Review of Lakeview Terrace of Boulder City
Lakeview Terrace was a lovely, clean, and inviting place. The lady who took me around and explained everything was Cherrie. I felt like I knew her right away. She was so outgoing, and her personali... Read more
Review of Lakeview Terrace of Boulder City
We toured Lakeview Terrace of Boulder City. They showed us a one-bedroom apartment, but it was too small for two people and didn't have a balcony. We had dogs, and we need to take them out and walk... Read more