Oakmont of Las Vegas

Reviews of Oakmont of Las Vegas

Assisted Living Reviews for Oakmont of Las Vegas

November 23, 2020

By Rick

I moved into Oakmont of Las Vegas. So far, I'm generally very happy. The only thing I don't like is the COVID restrictions forced on us by the government. The staff is great, the facility is very nice, the food is very good. There is a lot of construction going on, the place is getting a major face lift, and they're making rapid progress, and I look forward to the new additions when they're completed. There's the minor inconvenience of having the construction going on, but overall the place has been really nice. The staff is helpful, always respectful, and they seem to take extra care to stop and listen as required to anybody who speaks to them for any reason. I found the food to be different selections every day, and everything has been at least pretty good, and a couple of items has been absolutely outstanding, so I'm highly impressed, and I particularly like the variety of food. They're always mixing it up and trying something new. The library is being redone right now, and the workout room the same thing, some facilities are temporarily/unavailable, but will be back better than ever pretty soon. I've taken part in only a few activities, but they're making a real effort to keep life interesting and interactive. Yesterday they had a singer come in, and based on the fact that the long-term residents recognize him, I think he's a regular here. This is the best place for the money, it's less expensive than a lot of places, more so than a couple of them that I would pay a lower price for; the difference in price was enough to justify it. It was the best compromise of value for the cash.

September 15, 2020

By Betty

Oakmont was all right, but the rooms were rather small. I would give it about a three and say it's adequate. I only had a very short visit there; I had pretty much already made up my mind. It was such a short visit. I didn't find anything glaringly wrong, but I was not overly impressed either. I hate to give them a rating because I simply wasn't there that long. I believe they provide activities and I believe they provide a courtesy shuttle bus if my memory serves me correctly.

Hi Betty, thank you so much for taking the time to tour our community. Since your experience was so short, we'd love to invite you back in for another so we can showcase all of the benefits of our community you have yet to see. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

May 20, 2020

By J.R.

Oakmont of Las Vegas was pretty good, but it was a bit too far for the location, and the price was a little too high. The staff was very kind, very good with everything, and you could tell they were just trying to be there for you. They were undergoing renovations to update everything. They have events that go on in the courtyard, and you are able to go and barbecue and invite friends over.

June 30, 2018

By Craig

My mom moved into assisted care. Overall, I'm very happy with them. They provide a very warm environment and the residents are very friendly. It's a really great environment for my mom to meet people. They have great activities. They have morning exercise classes and card games. They provide transportation. She likes the food and they offer three meals a day. They also have a little 24- hour bistro where they can get unlimited coffee, tea, water, muffins, sandwiches, and fruit. My mom has a very nice studio, which has a window that faces a beautiful interior courtyard which is one of the nicest things about the place.

November 10, 2017

By Lorraine

I went without an appointment to Atria Sutton; they were very gracious. The staff was very polite. They went out of their way to show me around and answered any questions that I had. The rooms were very good. I went and saw not only the single rooms, but the double occupancies too. The outside was very lovely. They have a gym, they have planned activities, and they have an excellent chef. They have a snack bar during the day so they can go whenever they want to get something to eat. They have quite a bit of activities, too. They have Bingo that night and when I was there the residents were painting.

April 13, 2017

By Jenny148351

The food was excellent and of nice choice. Everybody was very charming. They gave us a chance to ask questions. They showed us the units and how they were situated within the side of the building as compared to being outside.

August 27, 2015

By Caring112011350

The rooms were a little bit bigger than the others, and the people just seemed to be happy -- the people that work there and the people that live there. Everybody was just very friendly, and we couldn't find anything bad about it online, no bad reviews. We just felt that the care was going to be good and that my loved ones were going to be happy there. They have all kinds of activities. They have something almost every hour. They have bingo, cards, movies every night in their little theater, exercise programs daily, and field trips. This morning, they went to Little Green on the bus, and then this afternoon, they're going to one of the little casinos. They may have more outdoor activities during winter, but right now most of the things are inside. It seems to be a very nice place; otherwise, we wouldn't put them in there. It doesn't feel like an old person's home, not like a nursing care. It feels like a small community. Atria Sutton has done everything they can to help them because the transition for seniors can take some time.

July 04, 2015

By Timothy6

I like the fact that it is very open. I like that they have all-day dining; you can go in from 7:00 until 6:00, and they have a chef, so you could either have the daily special or have other food made like a menu. The food is good. They have individual tables up to four people, and they have a wait staff that takes your order and brings you your food just like in a restaurant. My friend is in a one-bedroom apartment, which has a large living room, a sectioned off area that has a small refrigerator, a sink, some cabinets, and a place for coffeemaker, and then the bedroom and living room each have individual air-conditioning controls. The bathroom is large, which is wheelchair and walker accessible. If you needed it, they can put up bars for the bathroom for the shower. There's a management staff and service staff, and they're always friendly and smiling and say hi. They seem to know the residents' names. They've got a big courtyard. They have several activities -- they take the people out, they have entertainers that come in, and they have bingo, Kentucky derby, sing-alongs, groups that come in and do singing and dancing, exercise classes, beading and knitting classes, and movie nights. She moved there in February.

April 20, 2015

By Vikki2

It was a really nice experience. My father really liked it. Everybody was real pleasant. We came in the afternoon, and they were cooking up dinner. The food smelled good. Everything was pretty well up to par. It wasn't huge, but it was nice. He liked all the activities that they have including the trips. The building was kind of built in a big circle. The only thing I can see my father having trouble with was remembering which way goes where.

July 29, 2014

By Diane79557650

I just thought it is a nice facility. It’s clean and my mother gets along really well there. She is enjoying her time and she has quite a few groups already. She is just so much happier there. She is in a studio room and it has a nice bathroom with an emergency thing in there. Everybody has to wear their emergency necklaces. She has a bed that was small with a refrigerator and I think above that was a microwave and a nice closet space. It is well laid out and she has everything that she needs. I know that she plays bingo and penny poker. I know they have activities where somebody comes in for entertainment. Every time I call, she is either playing card or playing bingo. I do know they have also exercises. I was able to there with her and the food was okay. They have a nice menu.

June 17, 2014

By Robert85182950

It is clean. I looked at the apartments, and they were nice, but I got claustrophobic because a 1-bedroom apartment seems small to me in comparison with my house. They were polite, very nice, and very cordial. They told me about the things that they do, what services they provide.

April 11, 2014

By Nancy79042750

It's interesting. I called them up and it sounded like a great place, and it turned out that my uncle has checked it out and it was a higher level of need, higher than he needed at that time. So it was a place that he wanted to go to and he could afford. And this is the place I liked the best. I don't live in Vegas and I don't intend to, but it was really much more upscale, comfortable, clean, and smelled good. If he has memory issues, he wouldn't get lost the way it was set up. All the people were really nice and the staff was friendly. He is in the assisted living but does not require a lot of assistance. They come in and take care of his medicine and do his laundry; the little things he doesn’t need help with too much. They have a lot of day to day activities that people can get involved in. They have buses that go to places like the store or the casino. At the place, they have people come in to sing and play the piano. They have a board where they put pictures ofwhen they were in military service, and he was in the army and he was really proud about having his picture up on the board. We were there last November during Veteran's Day. I thought they treated him kind of special there. We went to a couple of different apartments and the one he liked was honestly a little more than we thought and had a bigger bedroom like a little apartment with kitchenette. Food was really good too.

February 26, 2014

By Janice28

The rooms, accommodations, the food, everything seems to be really good. We've had a few hiccups on getting mother to doctors and things like that but hopefully I'll get that taken care of this week. I like that my mother likes being there. The sanitation is very good. I can't think of anything that they don't have over there. There's something going on every minute.

August 14, 2013

It seemed to fit my mother's needs. They had a lot of activities and entertainment; all things she likes to do. It looked like a real cared for place, it seemed more like a resort. The staff was good.

Memory Care Reviews for Oakmont of Las Vegas

• Meal Preparation

• State Licenses: 2481AGC

About Oakmont of Las Vegas

oakmontoflasvegas.com

Oakmont of Las Vegas is a senior living provider in Las Vegas, Nevada that offers residents Assisted Living and Memory Care. Contact Oakmont of Las Vegas for more details on services and rates.

Map of Oakmont of Las Vegas