The population of Las Vegas at the time of the 2020 Census was 641,903, of which 11.4% were aged 65 and older. Adults within that age group are more likely to develop cognitive impairments, such as Alzheimer’s, which, a recent study found, is present in the deaths of 1 in 3 seniors in the United States. A growing body of data suggests memory loss is becoming increasingly common. Figures released by the CDC show deaths related to Alzheimer’s increased by 39.66% in Las Vegas between 2014-2018. For comparison, deaths from all causes rose by 16.99% in the same period.

Memory Care communities in Las Vegas provide safe environments for seniors with cognitive impairments. Although each is unique, commonalities include specially-trained staff on-site 24/7 and therapists delivering the latest treatments to mitigate the condition’s effects. Rooms and corridors are often painted in soothing pastel colors and walkways designed to be easily navigated by the residents. This guide takes a look at the benefits and drawbacks of living in Las Vegas, the costs of memory care in Nevada and the likely fees of alternative types of senior care. It also lists some resources for seniors and their families.

Memory Care Facilities in Las Vegas, NV

2015

Pacifica Senior Living San Martin

8374 West Capovilla Avenue, Las Vegas, NV, 89113

Pacifica Senior Living San Martin is located in the quiet suburbs of Las Vegas, NV. Guests speak highly of the daily activities which include movies, card games and brownie socials. In addition t … (read more)

Heritage Springs

8720 W. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89147

We went to Heritage Springs, which is a nice facility. My mother was there for three years, so I went there a lot. The staff members there were outstanding. That to me was their highlight. Their staff … (read more)

Brookdale Las Vegas

3025 E. Russell Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89120

Brookdale Las Vegas is located in central Las Vegas near a variety of stores, restaurants and the airport. Family members are impressed by the spacious, clean and well-appointed rooms and the stunning … (read more)

Villa Court Assisted Living & Memory Care

3985 S. Pearl Street, Las Vegas, NV, 89121

Villa Court Assisted Living & Memory Care was less convenient for me. It’s pretty far away. The director was very informative and very knowledgeable. Personally, I didn’t like the memory care part … (read more)

2016

Desert View Senior Living

3890 North Buffalo Drive, Las Vegas, NV, 89129

I like Desert View Senior Living. I feel very comfortable leaving my mother there. I recently had to take her to a doctor’s appointment, and we were gone for a good three hours. She was absolutely hap … (read more)

2016

Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley

8880 W Tropicana Avenue, Las Vegas, NV, 89147

My mother moved in to Pacifica Senior Living Spring Valley. The lady we talked to was really great and very helpful. She didn’t get tired of all the questions that we had. She’s just very welcoming. I … (read more)

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022

Oakmont of Las Vegas

3185 East Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89121

My mom is staying at Oakmont of Las Vegas. She has been there since May of 2021. It’s very clean. They now have activities that are helping out memory care. I’ve seen a big change in my mom. It fell a … (read more)

2021

Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge

9651 Trattoria Street, Las Vegas, NV, 89178

My friend was at Hillside Manor at Mountains Edge. I like the staff. The staff was very caring, very gentle, very accommodating, and very friendly. They had nice accommodations and great area. It’s a … (read more)

Better Living For Seniors

9712 Enniskeen Ave., Las Vegas, NV, 89129

I am a friend of the Resident and also the Attorney-In-Fact for the Resident. I moved her into Better Living For Seniors in the middle of 2019 and she has lived there now for over 2 years. The home … (read more)

Oakmont of The Lakes

3250 South Fort Apache Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89117

My aunt moved into the Oakmont of the Lakes. Part of the fact that we chose it is because it is very close to where we reside. It’s only about five minutes away, so it’s easy for us to see her. It’s a … (read more)

Inspired Senior Living of Las Vegas

2320 Ione Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89183

Coronado Heights Senior Living in Henderson is nestled just off the main street, providing residents with easy access to Silverado Ranch Plaza, medical facilities and more shopping outlets. The commun … (read more)

TLC Costa Brava LLC

6737 Costa Brava Rd., Las Vegas, NV, 89146

I am so glad I found TLC Costa Brava for my friend who needed professional memory care. He has been living there since May 2019. I would highly recommend TLC Costa Brava to take care of your loved o … (read more)

Legacy House of Centennial Hills

6310 N Durango Dr, Las Vegas, NV, 89149

I went and visited the Legacy House of Centennial Hills. It is a very nice facility. It’s very, very clean and it appeared very efficient. The facilities were nice. In memory care, they appeared to be … (read more)

Grand Montecito

6660 Grand Montecito, Las Vegas, NV, 89149

I went and saw Grand Montecito and it was beautiful. It was wonderful. It was great. I would highly recommend it. That’s exactly where I would’ve placed my mom. There’s a little beauty parlor for my m … (read more)

Quail House Memory Care

3695 E. Quail Ave., Las Vegas, NV, 89120

My mom is at Quail House Assisted Living and it’s a pretty nice place. It’s about an eight thousand square foot home and there are five residents at the moment. It’s sitting on about two acres, and sh … (read more)

Las Ventanas Retirement Community

10401 West Charleston, Las Vegas, NV, 89135

Legacy House of Southern Hills

9750 W. Sunset Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89148

DO NOT PUT YOUR FAMILY HERE, particularly if they have Alzheimer’s or dementia. My brother and I put both of our parents at Legacy House of Southern Hills because we liked that it has assisted livin … (read more)

Brushfield’s A Place to Call Home

3021 Ocean Port Drive, Las Vegas, NV, 89117

2014

Escalante at The Lakes

2620 Lake Sahara Drive, Las Vegas, NV, 89117

The Wentworth of Las Vegas is situated on the west side of town, near many restaurants, stores and close to Red Rock Canyon. Visitors comment on the beautiful grounds, which are well-kept, quiet and w … (read more)

Aegis Living Las Vegas

9100 West Desert Inn Road, Las Vegas, NV, 89117

If I could give more than five stars, I would. My mother-in-law went to Aegis when her memory started to deteriorate. My husband and I said repeatedly that everyone that worked there was a saint. E … (read more)

COVID-19 Rules for Memory Care in Las Vegas

Since most COVID-19 rules for Memory Care Communities and other Senior Living Facilities are set at the state level, you can view the specific rules for your state on our Guide to Memory Care in Nevada. Keep in mind that every community has specific policies that they put in place to protect their residents, so you should contact your local community for more information. Additionally, you can contact your local Area Agency on Aging to learn more – find contact information here.

What to Consider About Memory Care in Las Vegas

The Bureau of Health Care Quality and Compliance is the department within the Division of Health and Human Services responsible for issuing licenses to memory care providers in Nevada. It also has the authority to revoke licenses from facilities that fail to uphold the terms and conditions of their licenses and certifications.

Benefits and Drawbacks of Memory Care in Las Vegas

• The average cost of living index for Las Vegas is 111.6, which is a little higher than Nevada’s median of 110.5. Both are above the state average of 100, however, costs more likely to impact a senior’s bank account are sometimes below normal. The health care cost index for Las Vegas is 92.3, which is notably below the U.S. average of 100.
  • Although the temperature in Las Vegas can hover around a chilly 37 degrees in January to a hot 104 degrees in July, it’s generally favorable for older residents for most of the year. The city regularly gets 294 sunny days per year with some kind of precipitation on 26 days. Las Vegans only get about 5 inches of rain annually, so the heat is usually dry — benefiting seniors with weaker lung capacities.
  • Las Vegas has a better-than-average health cost index of 94.5. The city’s air quality is a little below the norm, but its water quality is high and the average commute time is better than the national average of 26.4 by about a minute. Las Vegas is also a significant advocate for the EPA’s Superfund program, scoring 99/100 for its work in reducing contaminated land in the region.
  • Statistics show property and violent crime in Las Vegas is more common than the norm for Nevada and the country. The chances of being a victim of a crime involving violence is 1 in 187, while the state average is 1 in 215. For property crime, the chances are 1 in 44 compared to 1 in 51. Seniors concerned about the figures may want to know that adults aged 65 and older are statistically less likely to be a victim of crime than any other age group.
  • There are over 50 hospitals in Clark County serving the residents of Las Vegas and neighboring cities. They include Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center, rated high-performing in several areas of medicine, including cardiology and heart surgery. Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center is also well-regarded and recognized as a specialist facility for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.

Paying for Memory Care in Las Vegas

Memory Care provides greater levels of support than Assisted Living, which is reflected in rates that are typically 20-30% more expensive. The following figures come from adding 25% to the assisted living costs in the 2021 Genworth Cost of Care Survey to find a reasonable Memory Care rate. In Las Vegas, this is $4,563 per month; a fee below the state average of $4,688 and far below the national median of $5,625.

The Cost of Memory Care in Nearby Cities

Carson City has the nearest rates to Las Vegas, with fees of approximately $4,775, while Reno’s families need to budget for an additional $538 per month. Families looking for less costly options may want to consider St.George, Utah, where the average is $4,375.

$4563

Reno

$4375

St. George, UT

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Memory Care is an affordable option for seniors with cognitive issues when compared to the $4,767 they’d probably pay for homemaker or home health aide services. Adult day care and Assisted Living are more budget-friendly for seniors without memory loss issues, as their fees are typically $1,820 and $3,650, respectively. Nursing homes offer the most comprehensive care and therefore the highest fees, which are around $8,273 for a semiprivate room and $10,646 for a private one.

$4767

Adult Day Health Care

$3650

Assisted Living Facility

$8273

Nursing Home Facility (semiprivate room)

$10646

Nursing Home Facility (private room)

Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Las Vegas

In Las Vegas there are options for seniors who need financial assistance paying for Memory Care. For more information about other options, who qualifies, and how to apply, Memory Care in Nevada page.

More Ways to Pay for Memory Care in Nevada

More Ways to Pay for Memory Care

While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:

• Veterans Benefits
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Long-Term Care Insurance
  • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Nevada page.

Free Memory Care Resources in Las Vegas

There are many nonprofit organizations operating in Las Vegas and Clark County. The ones listed here can help seniors and their loved ones plan for long-term care, support people with Alzheimer’s who may be feeling alone with their illness and advocate for seniors in long-term care facilities that may not be providing the services they should.

Resource

Contact

Service

Seniors in memory care communities, their families and third parties can register complaints about a facility to the ombudsman. This will trigger an investigation in which the ombudsman will attempt to establish the facts and pursue a resolution with the care provider through negotiation and counseling. The identities of the complainants are confidential unless they want them to be known to the facility. The ombudsman can also educate seniors and their families on the rights of residents in long-term care.

The Alzheimer's Association is a national advocate for adults and families living with the condition. It provides a 24/7 helpline and operates at a local level through chapters. The Desert Southwest Chapter administers several projects to help, such as Early-Stage Partners in Care, which helps prepare seniors and their loved ones for a life with Alzheimer's. There's also a face-to-face support group in Centennial Hills Adult Center and a virtual group for those unable to attend.

Dementia Friendly Nevada is a grant-funded program staffed mostly by volunteers that focuses on building inclusive communities for seniors with Alzheimer's and their caregivers. Its overall purpose is to give seniors with memory loss issues the confidence to remain fully involved in their societies and avoid the sense of isolation common to many with the condition.

The Nevada Care Connection Resource Center is administered by the Department of Health and Human Services. It can help seniors with early-stage dementia and their families evaluate long-term care options in and around Las Vegas and Clark County. It also provides several resources for caregivers to help them support the seniors in their care.

Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Las Vegas

Las Vegas Memory Care Communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all Memory Care Facilities in Nevada are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Nevada page for more information about these laws.

Laws and Regulations for Memory Care in Nevada