Poet's Walk Henderson

Reviews of Poet's Walk Henderson

Memory Care Reviews for Poet's Walk Henderson

July 30, 2018

By Cherrie

My mother is moving to Poet's Walk Henderson. It was so wonderful how the manager was kind to the old people. He took four pages of notes asking questions about my mother, like he truly cared. It was a warm, loving place that's convenient and nothing fancy. The room is small but very clean, with room for a bed, chair, TV, average-size closet, a nice bathroom, and a private tub. The price is comparable to everybody else, and it's a flat fee. I think I made the right choice.

Dear Cherrie, Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. Reviews like this help many families looking for services like ours and we truly appreciate your support!

January 05, 2018

By Patty

Beautiful facillty, caring staff, that ONLY serves the cognitively impaired. No Assited Living with Dementia patients behind closed doors. The ENTIRE faculty is for them to walk, remain active, socialize or do what they please. Everyone has a private apartment that is personalized. It is a warm, caring place and as an RN with many years of “nursing home” experience i am comfortable leaving my Mom there. Forget what you think you know about Long-Term Care and check out Poet’s Walk in Henderson.

Thank you for your positive review Patty. We truly appreciate your kind feedback.

September 09, 2017

By linda culp

A Poets Walk is a dream come true in memory care facilities. We just moved our mom there from a lovely assisted living facility. We all realized mom was needing more care but after 7 years at the other place it was not something we were looking forward to but the staff are amazing and after 48 hours of nervous hovering my siblings and I kissed mom good night and left her knowing that she really is in good hands! The facility is immaculately clean, invitingly arranged with many different, inviting areas to sit and interact along "Main Street" as well as a cleverly designed circuit with a secure inner court yard that allows for safe walks. Residents rooms are spacious and well laid out. And, the staff there are so good it is hard to believe that they are real! They are patient, kind, loving and remarkably talented at knowing how to manage whatever comes along. The manager, Mark, has gone above and beyond the call of duty to help get mom (and our family) settled and comfortable with the move, I feel that I should single out and name the other staff but each one of them has been remarkable- so instead, let me just say- hugs to each and every one of you- and from the bottom of our hearts- thank you- A Poets Walk and each of you are truly a God-send. If you are looking for a place for your loved one - I recommend it without hesitation!

Linda, Thank you so much for your detailed review. We are so happy you could share your positive experience so other families know what to expect. We truly appreciate your time to endorse Poet's Walk Henderson.

August 21, 2017

By KZ

My sister has only been at Poet's Walk Henderson for a week now. I like the place because it's for memory care only and they are not behind another door separate from other people with different levels of care. One thing I really like is she has her own room which is kept very clean. I am very impressed with the people there, they are very caring. They have painting classes, get-togethers, and musical entertainment. I had a very fantastic experience with the first person I got in touch with. She arranged everything, gave us exactly what we needed, and helped me find some furniture. She was really great. The place is very clean and very welcoming. The residents inside can walk around freely. They have an ice cream store and a store where they can pick up things.

Thank you for your positive feedback. We appreciate the time you took to leave such a detailed review.

March 15, 2017

By Aunger

Our family couldn't be more pleased with Poets Walk. Our mother has been in two different memory care facilities in Henderson and having her at Poets Walk now, we know she will get the loving care she needs. The staff is absolutely amazing and cares about the well being of their residents. The court yards, residents rooms, ice cream parlor, dining rooms, along with all the activities they offer are exceptional. You cannot go wrong placing your loved one here, truly a blessing to know that your family member will be taken care of.

Thank you so much for your positive review. We truly appreciate the time you took to write a review on us!

January 19, 2017

By Linda M.200848

Poet's Walk was very nice and brand new. The people and rooms were very nice. They had a great memory care program and don't keep the memory care patients locked down. They had a restaurant and an ice cream parlor. Whatever the residents want, they get.

Thank you so much for your positive review. We truly appreciate your feedback.

December 16, 2016

By Al's sis-in-law

This brand-new memory care facility is cheery, open and beautifully furnished. The administration and staff are empathetic, caring, giving and considerate of both resident and family. My brother-in-law was placed in Poets Walk by my sister the 5th of December - the first day it was officially in operation. It was necessary to move him from another memory care facility because they were understaffed and unable to offer him either freedom of movement or a program that could keep him engaged in activities he enjoys. Poets Walk offers everything you could wish for to your loved one. Do yourself a favor and visit this beautiful home where everyone treats you and your loved one like family before you decide on any other placement. We live 39 miles away and the peace of mind we feel is well worth the drive. Truthfully we look forward to each and every visit. When one of the staff members told him how pleased they were to welcome him there, our Al responded, "I've always lived here."

Thank you so much for your positive review and sharing your story. Your kind feedback is truly appreciated.

December 05, 2016

By Carol E.725032

Poets Walk is a new memory care facility opening officially Monday Dec 5th. My husband was in a memory care that couldn't meet his needs. I'm moving him into Poets Walk. It's a beautiful place, the staff is caring, compassionate, and constant activities and they gear them to each residents interests. The facility has colored coded hallways, so residents can recognize their rooms. The hallways go around the circumference of entire building so residents can roam. There is a large community room with sitting areas activity tables, ice cream parlor, bistro, store, aviary. 2 inside courtyards, and a dining room, large courtyard patio, with fountain, benches and garden on each side of the facility. 24 hr nurse on duty, sensors on the beds, and motions sensors in the rooms, toilets to flag any changes in the residents routine or health. I wish Poets Walk had been open the first time I had to place my husband, My heart is at ease now, I 've found my Al's forever home. Check into this, I'm paying $600 less a month than where my husband was.

Thank you so much for the time you took to write this review. We truly appreciate your positive feedback and are so happy you can call us home. Welcome to the Poet's Walk, A Spring Hills Memory Care Community's family!
See all Memory Care reviews (16) See fewer reviews

Costs for Poet's Walk Henderson

Photos of Poet's Walk Henderson

Services and Amenities of Poet's Walk Henderson

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Poet's Walk Henderson

Welcome to Poet's Walk, a dementia care community in Henderson, Nevada. We look beyond the disease and get to know each resident, tailoring our approach to their needs and preferences. This is the driving force behind the C.A.R.E. Flowers program. It allows our staff to focus on each resident’s abilities, inclinations, and cognitive capacities. With that insight at hand, we customize Signature Touches and our entire response to the needs of each resident. This fosters a positive environment where residents can enjoy active living in Nevada.

Poet’s Walk is managed by Spring Hills Senior Communities, a leader in memory care facilities in NV. Every employee is devoted to our C.A.R.E. standards, which means that your loved one is always in good hands. And you can always be connected to them along the way.

Map of Poet's Walk Henderson