Desert View Senior Living

Reviews of Desert View Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Desert View Senior Living

April 30, 2019

By Joe

So far, Desert View is OK. Activities scheduled are posted in the elevator, by the cafeteria and the front office. My mother's room is clean. The staff members are professional and friendly. There are lots of amenities, they have outside patio furniture, and the food is pretty good, too. It is a very clean and comfortable place.

April 09, 2018

By anonymous

I visited Desert View Senior Living. There was nobody there to greet me because even though there was an appointment made, they never knew I was coming. They showed me the area he would be staying in, and I was not impressed. The layout was fine. The staff was very helpful, but I was not impressed with the facility he would be staying in.

August 31, 2017

By Mitch

Desert View Senior Living has recently been taken over under new management and its conditions are better than they were apparently. I didn't have the opportunity to see how it was prior to the new management. There were a few reasons I chose it. I could tell the residents seemed happy, and the staffing is very capable, helpful, caring, and kind. In general, they have a high level of capacity for different levels of care and they have a coordinated kind of all-in-one package where they have a visiting physician. They also have transportation available and all the other usual amenities. They're also contracted with another entity who comes in to do memory care and physical therapy. I liked that. Everything was clean and organized. They have a great restaurant dining area. They try to keep everybody busy with activities and birthday parties once a month, and there's live music a couple of times a week up there in the TV room. It just seemed like an all-around nice facility, plus it's very close to my home here in Las Vegas, which is about seven minutes away. It's really good. I finally got my mom in there on Friday night. We put her in there for one night a few weeks ago and then she fell in the morning so I took her to the hospital to make sure everything was OK. She cut her head on the closet, but she's alright. She went through some pretty intensive rehab for two weeks in another wing in another area of Mountain View Hospital, which is also very close to Desert View Assisted Living. It is down the street basically, which is convenient. Everything is very close. I feel comfortable that I'm close by and my wife works in a building that's close. Everybody says the food is good. The staff is very kind, very helpful, very compassionate, and organized. They have things like Bingo and word games. It looks like a relatively full calendar. They even offer trip services. I got a good price out of it and it turns out my neighbor had just recently put his mom in the same facility. I really trust his judgment and that makes me more comfortable as well.

August 21, 2017

By Mavis

Desert View Senior Living was near where we live now and near our doctor and everybody we know. It's going under new management and they're redoing it. The rooms were very nice and they're going to clean up everything and put in new carpets. The lady was very nice, very knowledgeable, took us all over, and showed us the dining room, which was clean and looked very good.

May 12, 2016

By RonKTHIZ

I didn’t get to see any of the rooms at Willow Creek at Buffalo, but I did get to see a lot of the facilities and met a lot of the staff. Everyone was very courteous and very friendly, and everything was good. They even had the residents tell me how much they liked the place.

February 09, 2016

By J.R.2

I went to Willow Creek. That was the first one that I went to. It was a nice big building. The assisted-living was completely away from the others. The memory care was open. There were a lot of people sitting around. I was there in the afternoon. They had just finished their meal, and they were cleaning up after it. It was very nice. The staff knew the people by their name, and the people living there seemed to acknowledge people around them. They had people came in to sing Christmas songs, and stuff like that. The place was very clean, and very nice. They offering people choices on their meals along with what their daily offering was; which was nice for some people who might not like certain kinds of food. They could order from a menu.

December 30, 2015

By TL

Willow Creek felt like an apartment building so it’s smaller but it’s beautiful. As far as the assisted living part went, it was my favorite one. I did eat there; it was really good. I liked that they have a special every day but if you don’t like the special, you can order whatever you want. The special that day was fajitas and they were really good. One day, it was salmon and rice. You could order chicken fingers or a hamburger or whatever you wanted so that was really great. The staff was really great. I wasn’t too impressed with the memory care side which was what we needed. It wasn’t horrible or bad but it definitely didn’t have as good of a feel. Overall, I felt like the assisted living side was fantastic. The rooms were small but they were fine. I felt like the activities in the assisted living were great. They have lots of things and the memory care people can go to those if they have someone assist them.

November 15, 2015

I went to Willow Creek for my mother-in-law. The facility seemed fine and nice, but it was more money than other places I visited. For the price, it wasn’t anything better or worse than the other places. It seemed smaller, more closed-in. They only had one unit available.

May 06, 2015

By Donna106486050

We liked Willow Creek at Buffalo. If and when we eventually moved my mother-in-law down here, we will probably go with that facility because of the location. It was a small facility. We liked the personal care because it is a small facility. However, it would all depend on availability at the time we needed it.

May 03, 2015

By Bruce25

I think the staff at Willow Creek is terrific. They're very kind and considerate, and they're aware of each of their patients individual needs as far as we can tell. My dad has a large family, so we all come from different directions and show up at different times; as far as people dropping in and seeing how things are being run, they're doing a pretty good job. There were a couple of times when they left him unshaven, so we got on them about that, because if left on his own, he would rather not shave, clean, or take a shower; that only had to happen once, and the rest had been fine. I think it’s very high-end and very well taken care of; it’s immaculate. The food is great, and they take great care of the family members. They are very friendly and welcoming. I just think that it’s a five (out of five) star facility.

April 23, 2015

The way the facility looks, the way the staff look, and the residents’ attitudes are the reasons we choose Willow Creek. They seem to be happy and willing to talk. They had a wide variety of activities every day. Mom has a wonderful room and is very comfortable.

March 30, 2015

My friend ended up moving to Willow Creek. I think the rooms are very small, but other than that, it seems fine. Her daughter got her the cheapest room -- which is like a junior suite -- and she has one of those big power wheelchairs so in the living room, there’s only enough room for a recliner and her wheelchair. Their dining room was small, but they have 2 different feeding times which is good because not everybody wants to eat at 4 o’clock; they eat early. I looked at one of their calendars, and I saw different outings they had, and they have activities going on inside.

March 27, 2015

I'm in Willow Creek now. It's very clean; they have a maintenance guy. The staff is very good, very helpful, and very nice. They have a lot of staff, and they do a good job of looking after people. They have bingo and a lot of entertainment. Some outside people come in and entertain us. Kids come around; they like to be with the old people, and they're very good. They have a lot of activities here. They can keep you busy all day if you want.

February 23, 2015

Willow Creek is good. They have what we’re looking for, the price that we like, and an area that we’re happy with. The staff was OK, and the rooms were fine. Everything is fine, and they seemed to be confident individuals. It is specific to our needs.

January 19, 2015

By Frank35

My only complaint here at Willow Creek at Buffalo where I am currently living at is their food. It’s OK, but definitely not gourmet food. It's institutional, and I think they need to improve their food. Their dining area is fine, but my room is tiny. I have a microwave and a refrigerator. I was rehearsing today for our choir as we have to put on a little performance for the Christmas dinner. We also did stretches in the drama club. We also have bingo. They also take people to casinos and shopping. Monday through Wednesday, they take the residents to their doctor's appointments. The staff is absolutely wonderful. They are very helpful. The staff is the highlight of the place.

January 06, 2015

By Kathryn11

The Willow Creek Memory care was very clean, and the food was excellent. The rooms were very nice, and the entertainment director was very good, but the staff was not as attentive to the people as they should be.

July 02, 2014

The staff is taking very good care my daughter's mother-in-law. We are very happy with the move. She seems to adapt very well with the place. The rooms are beautiful. The facility is maybe four or five years old so everything is bright and nice. My daughter has tasted the food and I heard no complaints. They have excellent security there!

May 31, 2014

By MaryAnn8

Willow Creek knocked me off my feet. It was phenomenal and beautiful. It was done very well. It was a very rich looking place. It was like walking into a five-star hotel. There was a lot of cherry wood in the décor. When you walked in, there was a great big sitting area with a great big fire that was on. The dining room really impressed me because it had linen tablecloths and linen napkins. It was set up beautifully, set up like a nice restaurant. The staff offered lunch, if we wanted to have lunch, but my brother said "No," so we didn't. They had a thing set up on the side for the morning. I guessed it was like a breakfast bar where people could help themselves to breakfast. Then, they switched it over for lunch. They had a salad bar for the whole day, and she said they changed it up three times a day. There were also some fruit in there, so if people wanted a healthy snack, then could have it anytime in the dining room. I was exceptionally pleased with the visit. The one thing that disappointed me was the price. There was a price for the basic services, but then for every little thing that needed to be done, they added a price on to it. They said they evaluate them when they come in, and every three months, they evaluate them again.

Memory Care Reviews for Desert View Senior Living

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: 8809-AGC-0

About Desert View Senior Living

desertviewseniorliving.com

Desert View Senior Living is a senior living facility that offers an abundance of amenities and services. Whether residents are looking to simplify their lives or need a little assistance with day-to-day tasks, Desert View has the perfect option for them. They offer assisted living facilities, social and educational programs, active recreational programs, scheduled transportation, all utilities (except telephone), weekly housekeeping service, laundry service, apartment maintenance included in rent price, and a 24-hour emergency response system monitored by on-site staff. Desert View also offers an elegant community dining room with a private dining room available for residents who prefer not to eat in the main one. The facility includes a beauty/barber shop, TV room and tastefully decorated lounges with fireplaces, where residents can gather for a cup of coffee or tea or just relax after a long day of activities. Residents at Desert View Senior Living can also take advantage of other amenities such as gardens/outside patio area, an activities room that provides them with plenty of options to keep themselves entertained, respite services which provide temporary care if needed, ample parking for guests, as well as parking spaces reserved exclusively for residents.

At Desert View Senior Living, you will find a warm, dedicated staff committed to creating a community you will be delighted to call home. With no buy-in fees and a convenient month-to-month lease, our residents have flexibility and freedom should their needs change.

Map of Desert View Senior Living