Joshua Springs Senior Living
Offers Assisted Living
Reviews of Joshua Springs Senior Living
Assisted Living Reviews for Joshua Springs Senior Living
December 05, 2017
I am a friend or relative of a current/past resident
November 20, 2017
I am a friend or relative of a current/past resident
Hi Anna, I'm Katie, I work at Milestone Retirement's Support Center. First, I'm sorry to hear that your mother had a negative experience at Joshua Springs. I've been in contact with the team at Joshua Springs, as well as their Regional Director and our Sr. Vice President of Operations. I understand that your mother is no longer a resident, but have alerted them to your concerns for further investigation. Thank you for your sincere review, Katie - Digital Marketing
August 21, 2017
I visited this facility
July 14, 2017
July 13, 2017
Costs for Joshua Springs Senior Living
Services and Amenities of Joshua Springs Senior Living
- Rent Plus Care Fees
- Entry Fee
- Assisted Living Starting At: $2950/month
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- 2-bedroom apartments
- Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
- Studio Apartments
- Respite Care
- Minimum Age: 65
- Pets: Small Pets Allowed
- State Licenses: AL9873C
About Joshua Springs Senior Living
Joshua Springs Senior Living is a 3-story, senior housing community which opened in December 2015 and consists of 74 independent plus/assisted living apartments as well as 30 memory care suites within a 96,000 square foot building.
We currently have 3 basic plans for individuals who choose to live within our community:1. Independent Plus – Individuals 65+ years who just don’t want to cook, clean, or perform home maintenance, while adding the benefit of safety, security and companionship.
2. Assisted Living w/Individualized Service Plan– This includes everything in the Independent Plus plan but caters to each resident with services to accommodate their needs as they occur. These plans are tracked by points which equate to dollars. The points are calculated by time, preference and frequency. At this level residents can get help with things like bathing, dressing, reminders, bed to wheelchair transfers, feeding assistance, escorts to meals and activities, incontinence care and more.
3. Memory Care –Individuals who suffer from Dementia, Alzheimer’s, or other brain injuries. At this level we provide a state-of-art fully secured neighborhood and all-inclusive care level unfurnished studio apartment.
Independent Plus/Assisted Living w/Individualized Service Plan unfurnished apartment rental includes:
- Studio (363 sq. ft.), 1 bedroom (487 sq. ft.), or 2 bedroom apartment (646 sq. ft.). Lg. 1 bedrooms options available
- Non-slip vinyl flooring in kitchen/bath & low pile carpet in bed/living room area
- Personal climate control air & heat
- Basic cable for TV
- Paid utilities (except telephone & internet)
- Mini Kitchen with furnished full size apartment refrigerator, microwave, sink and cabinets
- Private bathroom with walk-in shower fully surrounded by grab bars and hand held showerhead
- 3 nutritious meals served daily in our anytime dining restaurant open 7 am-6 pm
- Emergency call system & pendant
- 24 hour care by on-site staff (Three 8-hour shifts )
- Weekly housekeeping
- Weekly linen service
- Planned activities & social programs
- Health promotion & exercise programs
- Private Bus transportation will assist residents with travel to appointments, shopping and entertainment
In order to honor individual uniqueness, Joshua Springs has incorporated multiple common areas for residents to enjoy:
- Restaurant-Style Dining Room provides an 11 hour kitchen with Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner specials and an anytime menu. Residents also able to get fresh Coffee/Tea/Water & more at the stand alone drink station
- Private Dining Room provides a unique place for special celebrations for residents to get together with family and friends such as Birthdays, Church Groups or Organizational Meetings.
- Bistro provides a classy flare for residents to sit either indoors or out, under the covered pergola to visit or just relax. Snacks are also provided to residents throughout the day
- Private Mail Boxes/Wi-Fi Business Center allows residents communication to outside world.
- Performance/Theater/Chapel is a busy place for gathering to enjoy performances, movies and fellowship.
- Wellness Room for exercise and programs especially designed to keep seniors active
- Beauty/Barber Salon full service for special grooming (this amenity does cost extra based on service requested)
- Large Activity/Craft Room with scheduled daily crafts and events like Bingo/Wii and other fun games
- Library with honor system checkout
- Multiple Lounge Areas including one with a Billiard/Card Tables and two with an Electronic Fireplace
- 5 residential laundry rooms (1 on 1st floor, and 2 on 2nd and 3rd floors)
We allow small pets (under 20 lbs., with proper licensing and shot records). There is a one -time deposit fee of $350 and uniquely we even offer pet care service for an added fee if an individual is unable to care for the pet.
Memory Care unfurnished apartment rental is all inclusive:
- Large Studio – full bathroom (sizes vary from 364 sq. ft. – 405 sq. ft.)
- Studio – ½ bath (256 sq. ft.)
- Semi-Private Studio – shared full bathroom (298 sq. ft.)
All-inclusive care will provide each resident with meals, utilities, and healthcare necessary to live a well-adjusted life. Common areas will also be enjoyed by residents including a large Activity Room, Family-Style Dining Room, Beauty/Barber Salon, and a nicely appointed and secured outside wandering yard.
Joshua Springs has incorporated the “In the moment” care program which will engage each resident to meet their needs of care and provide comfort to their families. See our special brochure for an explanation of the program.
Paying for Assisted Living:
Assisted living is paid privately, unless you have a specific Long Term Care Insurance policy that you have paid into which can assist you in the cost. You would need to discuss this with your insurance agent for the details of your plan.
There is a non-service connected VA benefit available to certain veterans which can greatly assist veterans and their surviving spouses in paying for care such as assisted living when it is necessary. This benefit is called the VA Aid & Attendance Pension Benefit. We recommend contacting a VA benefit counselor. Ask for contact info. if needed.
Joshua Springs does offer a 5% discount of the base rent price each month for veterans. Joshua Springs has been approved to accept Medicaid on a limited and case by case basis. Provisions need to be discussed for acceptance and application process must be approved through the state for consideration.
Pricing can be found on our rate sheet and a deposit must be made before an apartment can be held.
- What is needed before a resident can move in?
- Nursing Assessment by our Health Services Director for acceptance of care required to live here safely
- Doctors order (recent progress notes, history & physical, nurse’s notes if at another health related community). We will provide you with a copy of the doctors order form to provide to your doctor.
- Current list of all medications
- Copy of TB test results or a Chest X-ray
- Copy of Driver’s License, Social Security Card, Health Insurance Card
- Copy of POA/DNR (Power of Attorney/Do Not Resuscitate) orders if those items are in place