Avamere at Cheyenne

Reviews of Avamere at Cheyenne

Assisted Living Reviews for Avamere at Cheyenne

March 31, 2018

By Mary

I like Brookdale Cheyenne. It was very nice, comfortable, friendly, warm, and not too big. The person who accommodated me was very nice and very friendly. She was very good. The dining area was very nice and open. You could go in and eat at any time, which is very nice. The room that we saw didn't have anything in it. People need to bring their own furniture, but it looked like it would be fine.

September 18, 2017

By Judith

I liked that the people at Brookdale Cheyenne were very friendly. However, it's almost full. They had invited us to a Hawaiian show. The food was excellent. The problem is it costs more. I liked the big veranda with lovely painted white furniture. You can turn on something to make music, and you can sit there with your friends. They had a big bingo room. The rooms were bigger. They had little nooks along the way. It had lots of spaces to sit, some to play a game, and a couple of places with tables and chairs to play Scrabble. The other thing I love was they had so many kitchen cabinets. There's always one that is locked with a key. While you may not be cooking in your room, those cabinets can have many things in it that you can plug in. The one bad thing about it was the very small refrigerator. The food was very good. If you don't like what they serve you, you could order what you want. This place offered anything anytime.

We always love hearing about the wonderful experiences our customers have at our facilities. Thank you so much for the kind words.

April 18, 2017

By SE563283

Brookdale Cheyenne is the facility that we have selected. We're very impressed. It's going to meet our needs for our mother-in-law. The tour was very thorough, and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We got to see everything, and they answered all of our questions. I liked that it's a smaller community and seemed very client-focused. It was a little bit like a home and felt very warm and friendly. The residents were comfortable and enjoying their activities, so we liked the atmosphere. They had bingo and outings. What impressed me was that the staff members were creative in organizing the activities and had a variety. It was also in our price range.

March 23, 2017

By Mark085034

I liked Brookdale, the food was OK, and the room was nice. However, she doesn't participate in the activities. I wasn't satisfied with the price because they told me one thing and it turned out different. They said they have transportation services to church on Sundays, but they don't, so that left a bad taste in my mouth. They need to have more transportation on the weekend, and they don't offer anything on the weekend. The location is perfect, and that's one of the main reasons I chose it. The people are very nice there, the ones I dealt with; that's the saving grace.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and are sorry to see we are not meeting all of your expectations. We are committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident and hope you will call our Resident and Family Connection Team at 877-400-5296 to discuss in greater detail.

March 08, 2017

By unbeleivable

I visited a friend on many occasions- very depressing found it hard to go see my friend-no the residents look so unhappy. My friend only went to meals there were not to many activities she liked. so she would eat and sleep eat and sleep she went from a very happy person to a very depressed person in a very short time . She also had some of her belongings disappear-needless to say we moved her out of there. Someone even used her phone to make a $35 cal tto Mexico.

Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we have followed up with the appropriate parties to ensure the resident's best interests are protected.

January 05, 2017

By Cindy707047

I moved my mom into Brookdale on Cheyenne. From the moment we walked in, everyone was so nice and kind. They all introduced themselves, from the housekeeping to the servers in the dining room. It's really wonderful. My mom says when she pushes her button for a caregiver, they're there within five minutes, so they're extremely responsive. The food is really good. My mom likes it and her room, too. It's not crowded and is a perfect fit for her. The people who work there are absolutely fabulous. I have recommended Brookdale to several people, and they're moving in. They have lots of activities and lots of entertainment.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. That is great to hear you had such a wonderful experience.

December 05, 2016

We moved into Brookdale Cheyenne. It is pretty good. The room is excellent, big enough, and clean. The food is filling and adequate. They do have activities, but we do not participate in them.

November 19, 2016

By Linda604102

Brookdale Cheyenne appeared quite alright. The staff was very nice and accommodating. I suppose it was pretty clean. The model apartments were darling and very attractive, but some of the used apartments had been well-worn.

November 14, 2016

By Linda616448

We visited Brookdale. It was lacking some pizazz. It was not cheery, and it wasn’t what my mother would be happy in. The staff was nice, but they need more activities. Also they need to lighten it up a little more, and they need to make it a little more enticing for the people that would be living there. The rooms were just like all of the ones that we saw. They were fine. The dining hall was pretty drab and depressing to me. It was drab and dark.

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear that you have a negative incident to report. Please feel free to email us directly with the details of your issue. We will look into it right away. Again, our apologies for your experience. Thank you.

December 30, 2015

By TL

I thought Brookdale Cheyenne was nice, really homey, and beautiful. They had a nice big room that they had some people doing things in. There were a lot of nurses or help around so that was nice. I liked it a lot.

December 17, 2015

By Hazel8

I went to Brookdale Cheyenne, and that one I liked. The people seemed happy, and the rooms were nice. The staff seemed nice too -- the one who was taking me around.

December 16, 2015

By Tammy26

Brookdale Cheyenne was very nice and clean. I would love to put my mom there, but the monthly cost is very expensive. There is nothing wrong with the facility.

November 30, 2015

By Virginia S.

My husband is in Brookdale Cheyenne. It is incredible. We can't ask for better workers. They are very patient with my husband because he can be difficult. Overall, I love the place. They have a dining room with lots of choices. He's actually gained 10 pounds because he lost a lot of weight in the other home he was in. His diabetes is now in check. His cholesterol? Down. So, his doctor is thrilled with his health. They take him out for a walk six days a week. They have a pool table and exercise machine. Unfortunately, his dementia prevents him from utilizing all of the amenities there.

November 15, 2015

My mother-in-law is at Brookdale Cheyenne. It seems nice, but it just takes awhile for people to get used to it. The staff seems very nice, accomodating, and patient. The rooms are very adequate, not huge. The amenities are fine. There is an elevator that goes up to the activity center, which is a very nice activity center. The food can be improved upon, though. My mother-in-law is not too happy with the food.

August 20, 2015

The room at Brookdale Cheyenne was very nice and, there again, this was a studio. The dining facilities seemed nice, and it was the most affordable because they offer a lowering of the monthly rent for the first six months. It was clean and neat, and right across from the area that I was looking at was a full service community system. In other words, if you needed full nursing care, it was right there on the premises. You have to have a physician or whatever referral as I understood it in order to qualify to move there. The atmosphere seemed nice and very cordial, and everybody seemed very friendly. They provide the services that a lot of the other places provide. They also have an inner courtyard type of thing that the residents can use, and they have on-site nursing staff.

August 09, 2015

By Lori46

Brookdale Cheyenne (Formerly Emeritus at the Plaza) was OK. The people were very nice. I think the activities were on the second floor. They had bingo, and I think they had poker. The staff was very pleasant.

August 08, 2015

The rooms at Brookdale Cheyenne were very clean, and everything was very nice, but very small. They had Bingo going on, and they had a fitness center. They go to the casinos, they picnic, and they have a whole schedule of activities. The people were very nice, and their explanation was very thorough, but we are just not ready for that.

July 31, 2015

By Krystal1

The 1-bedroom at Brookdale Cheyenne seemed smaller than the studio; we just didn’t get a good feel of it. The staff gave us a tour; they were very nice, very helpful, and well-organized. It was clean.

June 25, 2015

By Bert5

Brookdale Cheyenne was a very good experience. It is very much the same as the one that we chose. It is newer, and the rooms were nicer, but it didn't work because it was too far away from what my mother knew. In terms of amenities, they had a higher level of amenities. They were newer, and the staff was just as nice, but it is too far. It was about the same as the other one except that it was not the right location for my mom. The staff was very nice, and I couldn't complain.

June 14, 2015

By vegasdiva

I placed my father there in Feb 2015. They came out to the house for an interview and were very pleasant. My father has onset dementia and needs a little help with reminders such as when to go eat. This kinda happens but I have to call him prior to meal times to get him to do into the dining room. He hasn't complained about the meals, so I guess those are good. Since placing him the staff changes every week and its hard to know who to talk to about anything. I wish they had a website that family members could go to and review status of their loved ones.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us is not fully meeting you and your loved one’s expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

April 16, 2015

By Linda105162650

The visit was fabulous and excellent; I love Emeritus. I can’t think of the woman, but she was really great, and the service was great. I got a lot of good information, and for somebody else it would have been great. It was very well taken care of, very nice, and the rooms were nice. I really appreciated the help that was available. I was very impressed, and I felt very welcome. The people seemed very happy there.

March 11, 2015

The only facility I looked at and that we used was Emeritus at the Plaza, and they were excellent. With the administrator, the cleaning people, the dining room, the place itself, everything looked excellent. I loved it. If I were to use an assisted living facility, that's where I would go. My father was there for one month, and then he passed away.

November 21, 2014

By Larry39

We chose Emeritus at the Plaza for my parents, and so far so good. I have no complaints. They have cards, bingo, and excursions. They have an exercise room and a library as well. The room that they have is pleasant. I would recommend this facility to others as my parents are very content about the place.

November 11, 2014

By Bea5

I have been in Emeritus for a month now. It’s a clean, very nice looking place, but the service is horrible. It looks great, fabulous and look like they really take care of you, but they don’t. They are understaffed. I live in a one bedroom apartment. It’s spacious enough. The food is horrible; they have poor standard and very poor preparation of food. The activities were okay, but more like the same thing over and over. They could have more variety in it.

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We're here to help. You can fill out a brief intake form. Alternately, you can call us directly.

August 28, 2014

My mom moved in at Emeritus at the Plaza at the end of April. There is new management there. The new executive director is very nice. My mom doesn't really complain about the caregivers, although she does complain about the activities and the lack thereof. Also, she complains about the food. She complains about the way that some things are run, but this new executive hasn't been there very long. The new people that came in, she seems to like though. She hasn't complained about the level of care she is getting, but I've noticed that their rating with the state has gone down and that's another concern. But the activities are important to her and she is having problems with that. The new executive director seems to be really kind, but they haven't really had enough time to try and turn things around.

e appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. Should you need further assistance, please fill out our convenient online form.

May 30, 2014

By MaryAnn8

We went and saw Emeritus. That one was OK. It was nice. The staff treated us very nicely. There were people who were walking down the halls, and a lot of them were eating at the time we were there. Everyone seemed like there they were doing stuff and not like there were just sitting there. The rooms were very nice. For me, it was small, but for someone like my mother, it would be fine. The dining room had a cafeteria feel. There was nothing cozy about where they ate. It was big, there were a lot of people there, and it was kind of cold. They had a basic price, but they charge extra for every little thing they do.

May 20, 2014

We visited Emeritus. The staff was very accommodating. They answered all our questions about what type of care might be needed and what their levels were. We thought that the 1-bedroom would be the most appropriate for Mom. The prices were reasonable. You had to bring your own furniture, and they have some kind of a starting fee or community fee. They had exercises, holiday activities, cards that you could play card games with, memory kinds of things, trips to the store and the bank, and field trips to visit places. It was very clean, and it seemed like it was well-staffed. Their monthly cost was less, but they didn't have the same amount of activities that this other one that was about a thousand dollars more a month would provide.

April 29, 2014

Mom is currently at Emeritus at the Plaza. The place is very clean and very nice. The apartments are very nice. It was a rough start, to be honest, because they didn’t have any management in place, but they now have new management, and I have met them. They are re-briefing, and I think things now are on a better course. They went above and beyond to help get her settled because, at that time, it was an emergency for Mom to get to a facility. They are trying to do everything they can,and the people I have seen, the caregivers that I have seen, they are doing their jobs.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback.

April 21, 2014

By Sandra83269250

Emeritus at The Plaza was too small and kind of depressing for me. However, the young lady who assisted me, she was absolutely superb! She was right on. After talking to me, she said that I may not be ready for this type of environment. She said I may need to be in a facility but not like this - totally dependent. This place seemed to be more for people who were physically and mentally challenged in some way. She said I may need to be in one where you can come and go. I appreciated her honesty and candidness. I just love her. She was very kind and absolutely wonderful. As a whole, based on my tour, I would give it a 4. It was because of her and how she made it what it was. The price was OK. The rooms were very small, which was a little downer. I like brightness, but this place just seemed to be kind of dark and drab. Also, it was small, and it was on a very busy street.

Wow, sounds like the staff went above and beyond. We are thrilled you received such exemplary care and attention.

April 11, 2014

By Jeff18

Emeritus was very nice. It was beautiful, clean, and updated. The rooms were very fresh, and everything was set up for everybody's needs. It was amazing. The staff was very nice, and they had social activities, but I don't know what they were.

March 27, 2014

By Dean4

The third one on my list I would take would be Emeritus. It was a little smaller and a little older. All of the facilities were adequate for what they're doing. I think they gave a little more type of service than the other, so they could deal with the people who were a little more ill. I would say the dining area was adequate. The rooms are a little smaller but very clean, adequate for the price that they charge. They're a little less pricey. The staff there was excellent, they're very friendly. They greet you as you go by. They just didn't stand around doing nothing. They were all busy doing things that needed to be done. They're all very friendly with the people living there. They knew all the names. They have a quite a few activities. There must have been 20 people doing bingo. One thing they didn't have there, they had a partial set up in a room but they didn't have a dedicated room just for exercising. They're trying to expand and improve on their own.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your thoughts and feedback.

February 28, 2014

By Celeste1

I went to Emeritus at the Plaza and the staff are very pleasant as well as they are very helpful. They do have activities and they have some outside performers to come and entertain the residents. They do board games too. Overall, it’s a very nice facility.

We love a good board game, too! Thanks for your feedback.

February 27, 2014

By Jeanne15

The staff was friendly. We did see some rooms. They're are adequate and seemed fine. The dining room was nice and clean.

That is so great to hear, thanks for taking time out of your day to leave us this valuable feedback.

February 24, 2014

By Linda71165350

The staff at Emeritus at the Plaza are very, very friendly. The facility was clean. It was nice, but there were two floors which I think would not be suitable for a senior who gets confused as that would make them more confused. The dining area was a little dark, but all in all I'd say it was okay.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We will take note of the issues you cite and look into them further.

January 31, 2014

By Audrey10

The room that mom is in at Emeritus at the Plaza is very nice. It has a kitchen and it's larger than most of the places that I've looked at. The facility is very nice and everybody has been great. The staff are very nice and always acknowledging you and calling you by name. The only thing that I could probably say that needs improvement for them is to make the food better.

January 23, 2014

By Barbara77450950

Emeritus at The Plaza was very nice. Everything was there in terms of the activities, the dining room was nice, and it was clean. It's a good facility. The staff was very friendly and they knew everybody by their names. The residents all seemed happy.

December 29, 2013

By Grace16

The staff at Emeritus at Plaza are very good when we visited the facility. The apartments are very nice although they are a little bit small, but they are very clean. The people there are very friendly. We were able to eat there and the food is good. Their dining room is very nice. They took us on a tour and we saw activities for the residents. They play puzzles and they have art rooms.

December 23, 2013

By S.A.

Emeritus at The Plaza seemed to give good level of care for the people who live there. My mother is at least three years away from needing this type of facility but we're looking ahead of time just to see what the options are. Nevertheless, this facility is on our list. The place was nice and their price was about average. They also served great food. Their meals seemed to be very healthy and well made. They have interesting variety of food. I believe also that you can get seconds if you wanted more, but their portions were just right. Regarding activities, there seemed to be plenty of things to do there. They did have a bus that takes them to different places for field trips. They described it as a cruise ship on land, which I like the analogy of, to get the residents out of their homes. The whole point is not for you to stay in your room, you go out and do things and get some socialization. They also have a very nice library too. The staff was knowledgeable, very professional and very empathetic. The lady who took us around even suggested that we come back for an unscheduled visit to see how they run on a regular basis.

November 26, 2013

By Sven

I visited Emeritus at The Plaza. It was a nice facility. The ambience of this place was welcoming. I like their staff. They were nice. Their rooms were nice as well.

October 25, 2013

By Momma2

i loved this place everyone was so nice and the activity director was wonderful going above to make my mom very happy .

October 04, 2013

Emeritus was a nice community for old folks to live. It had a beautiful and clean surrounding.

September 22, 2013

By Kathy70153650

I liked Emeritus. It was a nice, clean and large facility and it was within our price range. Everyone seemed nice and friendly enough. The people looked well cared for. The rooms were also nice and fairly big. I was not able to eat there, but I was able to see their menu and it looked good. They had activities for the residents. However, it was far from me.

September 11, 2013

My father-in-law was at Emeritus at The Plaza. We chose it because it was closer to home. His room was exceptional in size. The workers were friendly and they took care of the residents well. It was very clean and the food was fine. I would recommend this facility to other people.

August 27, 2013

By Fille Aimante

My visit with Emeritus at The Plaza was very nice. I like it. In fact, I'm still working on trying to get my mother to get into that facility. They have two types of rooms, which are quite nice. They have single and studio apartments. Their studio apartments have a small sitting area. We also checked the dining room, which was nice too. It was roomy and it opened up to a lovely veranda. They have a little social club that was going on there everyday, from card games, board games, etc. They also have a reading club. They have a van that would take the residents to the supermarket or to the hospital if need be. I was pleased with what I saw in Emeritus and I would recommend this place definitely.

July 23, 2013

By Rosemarie4

I wouldn't even consider Emeritus. I've been there twice. It's dark, the staff doesn't care who comes in, you just sign in. the rooms are so much smaller. My friend's mother who was there, they're supposed to clean the room but she has to go in and pick up after her mother. We had lunch there when we looked at it and the portions were so small we were hungry afterwards.

We are sorry to hear you had a less than optimal experience at Avamere at Cheyenne. We are here to help. We are happy to take a closer look at this for you. To route your request in the most efficient way, please fill out our brief intake form on our website. Alternately, you can call us directly. Should you need anything else at this time, please do not hesitate to message us. Thank you.

July 12, 2013

By Trisha3

We decided to put my mother in a place where it is warm, that's why we chose Emeritus at The Plaza in Las Vegas. Also their price is something that we could afford. The facility is very nice. My mom wasn't really crazy about going but when we drove her over there and she met everyone, she really likes it there. She also likes her room. She has a lot of people to talk to, she gets to walk everyday and there's always something to do. At one time, she wrote to me that they were making brownies. She is very happy there. Also their staff is really nice. Their dining room is spacious. I thought it is very good. It looks like everybody has a place in their dining room. Staff would wait on them and bring them their food. However, my mom always tells me that the staff was really busy and kind of short-handed. My mom says they're kind of understaffed. This is something they need to improve on.

June 22, 2013

By Donna18

I just don't like Emeritus at The Plaza. It had an odor in every place I went. Also it seemed like nobody was moving and the residents were just sort of up against the wall in wheelchairs. It reminded me of a nursing home and I thought my mother would get extremely depressed here. There was only one area where she can walk around but it was very small. They only had a very small place outside to sit, but they weren't comfortable chairs, it was just like a slotted bench. The staff were extremely nice and helpful though, but they need to improve on the atmosphere, not make it appear like it's a nursing home, it's not a happy place.

We appreciate you taking the time to alert us to the negative experience you had at our facility. We are happy to take a closer look at this for you. To route your request in the most efficient way, please fill out our brief intake form on our website. Alternately, you can call us directly. Should you need anything else at this time, please do not hesitate to message us. Thank you.

Independent Living Reviews for Avamere at Cheyenne

September 29, 2015

By Pat112609450

Unfortunately when I pulled in, I did not notice there were two different Brookdales right there, and I went into the rehab facility first. When I went in, I told them who I was and that I had a one o'clock appointment, and a lady came out and asked who the patient was. I said, "I am not a patient, I am looking for independent living," and she said, "Oh, you are in the wrong building." They may want to make a larger sign that points out the difference in the two of them for people like me. It's in a much better location. It's on a very busy street, but when you are inside the building, like in the meeting room where they had me, you can't hear the traffic outside at all. It was very stuffy, and when I went to see the unit, none of the windows that I saw in the unit could you open to get in fresh air if you wanted to. The only place for the residents to sit outside was right by the front door or on the second floor where there was a sitting area, but everybody that was out there was falling asleep in their wheelchairs or with their walkers. It was way too warm to be comfortable. The people who took you around were very nice, but they appeared very rushed. I definitely was rushed, but they were very accommodating.

March 27, 2014

By Kenneth12

Emeritus was the best one for me. People were really nice, the facility was very clean, and they offer a lot of things you would need. I thought it was perfect. Mom will have her own little apartment, and that's all she needed. This is where I wanted her to go when we finally have to have her go because she can still be independent. She would have friends. She's lacking activities. It would have been the perfect spot, and she would have been safe. It was a safe environment, which is what we're concerned about. But we just couldn't get her to go. The staff was really nice and helpful. They called me and asked how they could help so we can get her to come and look at the place. It was perfect. I was impressed by how clean it was. The way they set up the meals, with a restaurant atmosphere, that was great. The food was good. They invite families to come in and spend time. I like the flexible menu they had. There was a variety of choices, not just one thing. Just like a restaurant. The residents that were there were really nice. They have bingo all the time, they go to shopping, to movies, they had a pool, a salon, and they have transportation and go out on field trips. You don't have to go if you don't want to. But you can sign up for anything during the week that they do. And the price wasn't bad.

Kenneth, we appreciate taking the time to leave a thoughtful review with great information and feedback. Have a lovely day!

March 26, 2014

All the people who I came in contact with at Emeritus were fine. The young lady who took me around the tour was very nice. It looked very clean and it was nice. I didn't see much action with people around. They claim that there's so much to do, and they all claim that. I guess I was expecting something different. I think I saw one group of people playing cards, and that was all the activity I saw of people moving about. I can't say they don't have other activities because they most surely say they do. All of the units don't have big apartments. They're all fairly small. I noticed that what they didn't have was an outdoor area where you could just go outside to sit. The only thing I saw was a large veranda on the second floor where you could go out and sit. But it's a lovely place.

September 25, 2013

By Edward11

The staff at Emeritus at the Plaza are very friendly and I was very impressed with them. The food was okay. Facility-wise I'm not sure because the place is out there with no neighborhood. I was told that there was going to be a tour, but then when I asked about it they said it has already taken place.

August 14, 2013

They have senior living; it goes up to assisted living, with several stages of care giving. It is older and not quite as nice as the other one we visited for my father. Food was not quite as good.

June 26, 2013

By caring010623

Emeritus was nice and clean. I was able to tour a unit, everything was explained to me and the rooms were adequate and of different types. The staff was very open and accommodating.

May 22, 2013

Emeritus is extremely nice, but extremely expensive. It's all a la carte with different levels of care. Every level you go up gets more expensive.

Photos of Avamere at Cheyenne

Services and Amenities of Avamere at Cheyenne

• Pets: Yes

About Avamere at Cheyenne

Avamere at Cheyenne is a senior living provider in Las Vegas, Nevada that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Avamere at Cheyenne for more details on services and rates.

Map of Avamere at Cheyenne