26 Assisted Living Facilities near Sparks, NV
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sparks area, with 9 in Sparks and 17 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Sparks is $3,397 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Carson City with an average starting cost of $2,995.
To help you with your search, browse the 139 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sparks. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sparks 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Reno with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sparks, call (855) 863-8283.
9 Assisted Living Facilities in Sparks, NV
Promotion ends in 3 days!
Spring Promotion: Moving Made Easy. For new residents: $500 Off the Community Fee, 1/2 Off First ... (more)
17 Assisted Living Facilities near Sparks, NV
Other Options in Sparks, NV
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sparks
Review of Cascades of the Sierra
Cascades was homey, beautiful, and supplied an amazing lunch. They had a barbeque area, a swimming pool for the grandkids, and a huge patio where my mom could wander around and not get out. There w... Read more
Review of Good Old Days Home Care
My brother-in-law is being well taken care of in this home. We have been very pleased with how caring and competent the caretakers have been. The home is meticulously clean and the residents are ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Vista
We visited Brookdale Vista and it was very nice. In fact, they're driving out here to do an assessment to see if my father-in-law is eligible, and we're four hours from their community. The place w... Read more
Assisted Living near Washoe County, NV
More Options Near Sparks, NV
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sparks
Located just east of the city of Reno, Sparks, Nevada is the fifth most-populated city in the state, and it has one of the fastest-growing aging senior communities in the United States. It is located a short drive from the Lake Tahoe area, giving locals a great place to visit when they want to get out of town. There are 27 assisted living facilities in the Sparks area for seniors to choose from, all of which are certified and regulated by the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sparks
- Sparks, Nevada, weather ranges from high desert heat in the summer with temperatures into the 90s, to winter lows that are below freezing from November through March. It also has an average of 6 inches of snowfall each year, as it is a short drive from the mountains around Lake Tahoe.
- There is moderate air quality in the Sparks area, due to pollution from the surrounding city that hangs against the nearby mountains to the West. Pollen levels can also affect the air quality in Sparks on a seasonal basis.
- Sparks is just slightly above the national average for cost of living, with housing being the most costly aspect. Grocery, health care and utility costs, however, are even with or below the national average.
- The crime rate in Sparks is surprisingly high for a city of its size. It's above the national average but below the Nevada state average. Sparks is only 19 percent safer than most other American cities.
- The city of Sparks Regional Transportation Commission, or RTC, offers seniors something called the Washoe Senior Ride, which is open to any senior resident 60 years or older who lives in the county. They must apply in person and are given taxi bucks, which can help pay fares or tip drivers.
- Sparks has several world-class medical facilities, including Tahoe Pacific Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illnesses.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sparks
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Nevada
Assisted Living costs in Sparks start around $3,397 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sparks and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sparks
For those who need financial assistance for assisted living care in Sparks, an assisted living waiver can be obtained from the state of Nevada's Medicaid program where certain care is provided to senior residents in assisted living facilities in order to delaying or prevent the need for nursing home care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sparks
Sparks and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sparks, please visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sparks
Sparks-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Nevada are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page for more information about these laws.