4 Assisted Living Facilities in Carson City, NV
With an average cost of $2,995 in Carson City, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 25 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 4 facilities in Carson City.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Carson City, NV
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Carson City
The capital of the state of Nevada, Carson City borders the beautiful, mountainous Lake Tahoe area, making it a picturesque place to live with plenty of activities for seniors. There are four assisted living facilities for seniors to choose from in the Henderson area. It's also important to note that while the state of Nevada certifies and licenses adult living facilities, they are not closely regulated. Family members and residents may want to review the regulations for assisted living facilities in Nevada before choosing one.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Carson City
- The weather in Carson City has four distinct seasons. Nearby mountains bring winter lows that can drop below freezing from November through March with an average annual snowfall of 11 inches. Summers are quite hot, with highs peaking in the 90s, though nights will still cool down to the 50s.
Air quality in Carson City is usually moderate, due in part to pollution from the city itself and nearby Reno, Nevada, to the north. Forest fires in the nearby mountains can also affect air quality.
- The cost of living in Carson City is higher than the state and national average. While the cost of groceries is on par with the U.S. average, the price of health care is about 10 percent higher. Because of this, seniors may have trouble finding budget-friendly options.
- Even though Carson City’s crime rate is well below the national average and state average, it’s still relatively high for a city of its size. It is considered 32 percent safer than most United States cities.
- Seniors who register with the Senior Citizen Bus Pass Program at the local JAC in Carson City can get unlimited free rides on the regular bus system. The pass is valid for the entire year and will allow them to travel on any bus line available.
- Carson City has several world-class medical facilities, including Carson Tahoe Specialty Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illnesses.
Paying for Assisted Living in Carson City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Nevada
Assisted Living costs in Carson City start around $2,995 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Carson City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Carson City
If assisted living residents in Carson City need financial assistance, state Medicaid is usually a good place to start. Another option is the Personal Care Services (PCS) program and a Home and Community Based Waiver, which requires seniors to apply for financial assistance.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Carson City
Carson City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Carson City, please visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Carson City
Carson City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Nevada are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Nevada page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Carson City, NV
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Carson City
Review of The Lodge Assisted Living and Memory Care
We've moved mom into The Lodge Assisted Living. She's been there only four days. I did have a tour, and it was quite thorough. They showed me all their facilities and the room size I was looking fo... Read more
Review of Skyline Estates Senior Living & Memory Care
Skyline Estates is not some place I would put my mom. They seemed to be more like a nursing home, but without nursing home licensing. Most of the residents that I could see were bedfast. There were... Read more
Review of Sierra Place Senior Living
I know about Sierra Place Senior Living because I had another relative who lived there 10 to 15 years ago, but I got a good tour. It's a very nice facility. It would have been one that I would have... Read more